Chapter-1

Why did I end up falling for you?

The room was filled with piano sounds. I mindlessly just let my hands do the playing. But I could tell there was no feelings as I played. For some reason, I can't seem to concentrate today.

"It'll be a big problem if you keep on playing like that." 

I heard my mentor from behind me. I didn't realise when he came in but I guess he had been here long enough.

"So what's the problem? Your performance is just a few days away and there is no emotions to your play."

"Sorry, I just can't seem to concentrate today. I shall continue tomorrow instead." I told him as I closed the piano cover, took my bag and left the room after bowing to him.

I was mindlessly walking around the footpath when I heard my phone rang. It was my mom.

"Soojung! Where are you now? You didn't forget the date, did you? He'll be there waiting for you. So you better go. Don't be late. And I already sent you the address. Love ya."

She didn't even gave me a chance to talk. She just told what she needed to say and hung up. 

The date. Yeah. I totally forgot about it. My mom has been reminding me but with my performance just a few days away, my mind hasn't been working properly. 

So to tell you a little bit about myself, I'm Jung Soojung, known by some people as the pianist, Krystal Jung. I'm 25 and the youngest daughter to my parents. My dad owns a big company in Korea. But because office works are not my thing, my sister, Jessica Jung, is handling all the company business now. 

Because marriage plays a big role among companies, I had been going around on numerous dates that my mom set up. But of course none of them worked out anyway. I don't even have plan of marrying now. I'm too young and there are still so many things to be explored. But whether I like it or not, I have to go on these dates cause it was only under this condition that I was able to continue with my music. 

So back to the present...

I let out a sigh and headed towards the bus stand. I forgot about the date and left my car at home. Well, I can still reach there in time. I've got like 35 mins.

I stopped to stare at myself on one of the store's window while on my way to the bus stop. I looked AWFUL! 
I was dressed in just a simple white shirt and dark blue boyfriend jeans. That too RIPPED JEANS! Who goes to dates on ripped jeans anyway? And to add to it, my hair was in a messy bun.

I thought of maybe going for a last minute shopping and get changed but there was no time for that. Well, what harm could it be if I just went like this? It's not gonna work out anyway.

I let out a sigh and undo my bun and just let my dark brown hair just fall.
The bus arrived in just a few minutes.

....

I arrived there just on time and as I entered the restaurant where we were supposed to meet, I was trying to find him but of course I had no idea how he looked. And I just happened to forget his name too. 

Damn it! How am I gonna find him now? Do i just sit down and wait for him to find me? Or do I go around asking every single man sitting alone here if they came for a blind date? 

No I wasn't going to call my mom and ask his name again. I'd rather not hear her adivce again.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulders making me turn around to see who it was. Behind me was a guy in proper suit and he was very handsome. Like every features about him was on point. I never knew such man exists.

"Are you perhaps Jung Soojung?"

I realised I have been staring at him too much when he asked me this. Well, that was embarrassing. 

"Yeah, I am and you are?" I told him after collecting myself.

"I'm Kim Jaejoong." He said with the smile that would make any girls in this world go crazy.

That's right! Kim Jaejoong! That was his name. So this good looking guy right here is my date? I wasn't expecting this. But every guy that I met on those blind dates weren't this good looking. They weren't those good looking chaebols you see on dramas. But this guy was. Actually even better than those drama guys.

He led me to a table and moved the chair back so that I can sit like a gentleman.

"Thank you"

I just ordered a coffee when the waitresd came to take our order. I just wanted to get this done and leave. So there was no need to order anything special. He also ordered the same thing as mine.

"You look different." He said as his eyes went up and down from my head to my toe.

"Why? Did you have me researched? And found some pictures where I looked too different from now?" 

"Did all your other dates do that to you?" he said with a little laugh.

Yes as a matter of fact, they did! But I wasn't gonna admit to him.

"I saw one of your concerts just recently. So I'm just saying you look different from then."

Well of course. Can't he tell I hardly have any make up now and that my outfit isn't what you'd call feminine? So obviously I'll look different.

The waitress came and gave us our coffee and while she handed Jaejoong's, she was smiling at him. Well, she's crazy for him. I just rolled my eyes unknowingly seeing that.

I guess he saw that. He was giving off a smirk.

"Judging from what you ordered and what you're wearing, I don't think you have any interest. You just came here caused you were told to, right?" He said while leaning back on his chair with his arms folded and legs crossed.

"Well, isn't that the same for you too? I don't think you came here cause you wanted to." 

"But I was planning to make it work today." He said as he leaned on the table making his face so close to mine making my face blush.

"Well, I think you can already tell the result." I told him trying to keep a straight face still.

"And what is the result?" He was asking with his eyes fixed on mine. I reacted by immediately moving away making him smirk and back away too.

"I don't have time to play with you now. And I don't think we'll be seeing each other again." I said as I got up from my seat.

I took out some money from my purse and kept it on the table.

"That's for my coffee."

....

The next day I hurried off to studio early in the morning to practice. But actually, I was avoiding my parents. Even yesterday, I went home late at night when everyone was already asleep just to avoid them asking about the date.

But I can't really escape from it that long. My mom was calling me now. I took a deep breath and received the call.

"Dear, when did you leave? You weren't there when we got up."

"Yeah mom. I left pretty early so that I can practice more."

"Ok don't push yourself too hard."

"I'll be fine, mom."

"Oh, I heard the date went well yesterday?"

"WHAT?"

"Jaejoong's mom called and said it went well. She said you guys will be meeting again."

"Um...mom, can we talk later? I'm a bit busy right now."

"Ok dear, see you at home later."

I cut the call and was confused about what was going on. Why did he lie about it? It was obvious the date didn't go well yesterday. So why did he go and lie about it now? I thought of maybe getting someone to get me his number so I could ask him but then again why would I be wasting my time on him now when I'm already busy with myself?

I just discarded all the thoughts about last night's date and focused on playing the piano instead.