Chapter-2

Why did I end up falling for you?

The rest of the week just went on normally with me busy practicing for my piano concert.

The day of the concert came fast and I was rehearsing since early morning and with just a few hours left, I was dressed in this elegant gown and my make up artists and hair stylists were pretty much busy doing their jobs.

My friends and family came one by one in the waiting room cheering me on. But my sister wasn't there yet. She said she was coming but maybe work kept her up or something.

I was happily chatting away with everyone which also helps in calming myself down. This isn't my first concert but I can't help but get nervous everyime I was about to perform.

"We've got only 20 minutes left. Be on stand by." One of the show's organiser came to tell me.

I prepared myself by taking a deep breath and just as I was about to go, the door swung open and there came Jessica and her husband almost out of breath.

"We...made...it."

She handed me a bouquet she got for me.

"Good luck my baby sister." She said with a peck on my cheek.

I smiled as I thanked her. 

"Soojung! We'll be cheering for you." Said her husband , Park Yoochun.

My sister and her husband were a really good match which always made my mom think she did a good job setting them up for a blind date and she plans to do the same for me. But the truth is they already knew each other from their college days in the US and they just happened to meet again at the date.

She says they weren't a thing back then when they were in thr States but I don't believe her. Maybe they weren't a thing but they probably already had feelings for each other cause their relationship moved so fast and they got married in just a few months.

I left for the stage and I was amazed to see so many people came. I get amazed on every performance actually.

The concert went on for a few hours and it finally ended as I gave a 90 degree bow to the audience and thanked them for coming out to see the performance.

When I entered my waiting room, I was greeted with everyone clapping and praising my performance.

I got changed from the gown into just a simple button down sky blue shirt and white jeans. We were all planning on going to an after party when we heard a knock on the door. 

The door opened and we saw one of the oraganisers standing at the door.

"You have a guest. Do I send him in?"

I wasn't expecting anyone and everyone's already here. Who could it be? I allowed her to send him in and within seconds came in a guy who shocked everyone! But me for a different reason.

Kim Jaejoong!

He was standing there smiling at me like we were close friends. I didn't know how to react to that so I just stared at him dumbfounded. 

He walked towards me with a bouquet in his hand and handed it to me. 

"That was a beautiful performance." 

He went past me to everyone in the back and was already introducing himself. I could see my mom's face literally beaming with joy when she heard his name and my staffs were fangirling him and even my sister. She obviously couldn't hide her wide smile. 

I sighed and went ahead to put this to an end.

"Um...Jaejoong, thank you for coming so much but aren't you busy?" I tried telling him with a forced smile just so he could get my point of wanting him to leave.

"No...I'm completely free today."

Is he playing me right now? Why did he even come here in the first place?

"You better leave now." I told him biting my teeth as I got closer to him so that no one else can hear.

He did the same as he said, "I don't plan to."

"Oh you know what dear, I think I'm gonna leave with your dad now...some urgent things came up."

My mom said as she dragged my dad out of the room and soon everyone was following her with one excuse or the other.

The last person was my sister and her husband. I was actually thankful that she was still there. But not that long.

"Honey, didn't you say we have to go to a meeting today? We should go now. Else we'll be late."

But her husband was completely clueless which made it so obvious that she was lying. She should have tried a better lie.

She dragged her husband to the door before he could make it anymore obvious.

So it was just me and Jaejoong left in the room. I glared at him. My after party was ruined by him. He simply shrugged his shoulders like saying nothing was his fault.

I shook my head and went to sit on the couch.

"Honestly, why are you even here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I came to see the performance." He said as he also came to sit on the couch.

"Why did you lie about the date when it really didn't go well?"

"That's only your thought."

I looked at him confusingly. The date obviously didn't go well so I didn't understand why he was doing this now.

He leaned in closer to me making me fall back. His face was just a few centimetres away from mine. I could feel his hot breath on my face as I held my breath. I was heating up and my face my probably blushing. 

"What if I thought otherwise?" He said as he took off a strand of hair from my face and put it behind my ear. 

I pushed him away from and stood up which made him smirk.

"I don't have time to be playing games with you." I told him as I got my bag and was on my way out.

He grabbed me at my wrist making me stop halfway.

"It could help us both though." He said.

I looked at him questioningly. What in the world is he planning now?

"You see...if we say the date actually went well, you won't have to go on anymore of those dates and neither do I. What do you say? It's a win win."

That got me thinking for a while. Of course I hated going on these dates but doing this means I'd have to meet this guy frequently and no I'm not really a fan of his. 

"I don't think that's a very good plan." 

....

I was about to get into my car when a hand blocked me. I looked up to startled. And it was him again.

"Let me drive you."

"That's not necessary."

I tried to get in to be stopped by him again. He took the car key from my hand and got in the driver's seat.
I was already exhausted from sleepless nights and today's concert and I didn't have the strength to argue with him anymore. So I gave in and just let him drive me home.

When we reached in front of my house, I thanked him for driving me home and was about to get in the house when he snatched my bag.

"Hey! Give it back."

I tried to take it back but he was already searching through it. He took my phone and was dialling something there.

"Here. That's my number. Save it." He said as he gave me back my phone. 

"We'll be seeing each other often." He said as he bent down to match the level of our faces and patted my head.

And I just realised he left his car at the parking lot to drive me home when he went away on foot. I thought of maybe calling back so that he can take my car. After all he drove me home. But then again, I decided not to cause I obviously refused his help and he just insisted.