Chapter-19

Why did I end up falling for you?

After 1 year.

Krystal's POV

I'm holding a piano concert tour and today is the first day starting from Seoul.

My family and even my friends came to support me while the person I was most expecting was not to be seen anywhere. 

Changmin oppa promised he'll be here but he wasn't there yet although his parents already came. He told me he was coming with his parents but with the excuse of being busy he was late again.

"We should talk about marriage after she's done with her tour." I heard Changmin's mom talking with my mom.

They were laughing and enjoying as they poured out their ideas about the wedding.

Listening to their talks irritated me rather than feeling excited. I got out of my waiting room to calm myself down. 

"Are you getting married?" Sulli asked me as she followed me out.

"I don't know..." I told her with a sigh.

"What do you mean?" She asked confused.

"I don't know anything anymore...i don't know if I even love him enough to marry him..." I confessed with a heavy heart.

She looked at me with pity and handed me a water bottle.

"We'll talk about that later alright? For now, just concentrate on the concert." She told me with a comforting smile.

Even when I was done with my concert, Changmin oppa still didn't come. I was so disappointed and sad.

"Soojung, you did so well today. I enjoyed it a lot." Changmin's mom told me as she held my hand.

I tried hard to fake a smile and thanked her for her compliments and for coming.

"That Changmin brat...I should go scold him...don't be too upset alright?" She said trying to make me feel better.

After everyone left, I decided to go eat with my friends.

Victoria was grilling the meat as we talked about our lives. We haven't met up for so long that everyone had something to tell.

"I thought Soojung was gonna date that guy but how did it end up being Changmin oppa?" Luna asked.

"Who?" I asked absent mindedly.

"You know that guy...what was his name?" Luna was saying as she tried to remember.

"It was Kim something...Kim Jae...ahh what was it?" Victoria said getting frustrated that she can't remember.

"Was it Kim Jaejoong? It's Kim Jaejoong right?" Sulli said excited that she got it right.

Hearing the name I haven't heard in such a long time brought back the memories. I have almost forgotten about him. 

I tried to contact him after he left but he changed his number and he didn't contact me at all so we just drifted apart like that. Changmin oppa was also so much against him. So I didn't try anymore to get in touch with him.

"Why are you suddenly so quiet?" Victoria asked waking me up from my thoughts. 

"Oh...nothing...let's eat." 

"I heard your mom and Changmin's mom talking about marriage. Are you getting married?" Luna asked and everyone looked at me for an answer.

"I'm not sure..." I told them.

"Why? You don't want to?" Vic asked.

"I don't know if I love him enough to spend the rest of my life with him. I know I shouldn't feel this way but..." I teared up as I finally let out what I've been keeping inside.

"Look Krystal...you shouldn't feel guilty for feeling this way...be true to yourself...find out what is it that you really want. You shouldn't get married to him just cause you feel guilty right?". Amber told me.

After dinner, I decided to go home on the bus. As I walked home from the bus stand, my head was clouded with too many thoughts.

Kim Jaejoong, where are you exactly?
If you were here I'd have come to you and you'd have made me feel better.
You were really a good friend.

I smiled as I thought about him. I guess I was too busy with my life that I never thought about him all these times but I'm missing him so much now. I wanted to talk to him.

My thoughts got interrupted by my text tone.

I opened to see it was Changmin oppa.

"Krystal...I'm so sorry I didn't make it...I suddenly got caught up with some work...sorry...and I love you." 

I scoffed reading the message.

"Love? Yeah right...how many promise do you need to break to show your love to me? I don't even care anymore..." I told myself as I put my phone back into my bag without giving him a reply.

Next Morning.

My next concert was gonna be held in the US and it was just a few days away. I was thinking hard whether I should go visit Jaejoong or not. Since yesterday night, I've been wanting to meet him once.

I wanted to but was afraid too thinking about what if he's forgotten about me. I was on my bed since I woke up trying to make a choice. I was a bit reluctant too since he hasn't tried to ever contact me.

"I should make the first move. There's no way he'd forget me..." I told myself and got off from my bed.

But I don't exactly know where he lives. I won't have that much time to go search too. 

I was walking up and down my room trying to come up with a plan.

KIM TAEYONG!!
YES! YES! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?

I hurriedly got ready and drove my car to Jaejoong's old apartment.

"But will he be here? Why was i so sure he'd be here as I drove here? They could have sold the apartment too." I thought to myself when I stopped my car in front of the building.

"It won't hurt to go check out though..." I got off my car and was on my way up to his apartment.

I was silently praying inside for Taeyong to be there.

I rang the door bell but no one answered. I rang it again and still no answer. 

I was disappointed and turned around to leave when I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I just apologized and walked ahead.

"Soojung noona?" 

I stopped halfway and turned around to see Taeyong standing there.

"Why were you here?" He asked looking confused. "You know Hyung is not here, don't you?"

"Ah right...actually I came to see you..."

He invited me in and got me coffee.

"You live here now?" I asked.

"You were not sure I'm gonna be here and yet you came to visit me?" He asked jokingly.

"I just took a hunch..."

"So why did you come here?" He asked as he sat down.

I told him the reason and asked for his brother's address in the US.

"I don't know if i should tell..." He said looking uneasy.

"Really? But why?"

"He didn't want anyone to know...."

"Even me?" I asked feeling a bit upset.

Taeyong looked at me and sighed. He took a piece of paper and wrote down something.

"Here take this." He handed me the paper.

I took it and saw an address written there.

"Is this it?" I asked him and he gave me a nod.

"Thank you, Taeyong!" I told him as I gave him a hug out of happiness. "Noona will definitely buy you a meal after I come back." 

"Just meet him and work things out this time." He said.

"Work what out?" I asked him confused.

"Nothing...just have a good time i mean." He said with a smile.