Chapter-12

Why did I end up falling for you?

Krystal's POV

I was having another day with nothing else to do. So, I decided to go to the studio to practice. But soon after playing for a while, I was bored. I needed work. I took out my phone and called my manager.

"Oppa!" I called him as soon as he answered. "I think I'm gonna go crazy doing nothing. Get me some work."

"I thought you were gonna take a break for a month. I can't just suddenly get you work. Besides I'm not in Korea right now. I'm on vacation with my girlfriend." He said on the other end.

"Are you serious right now?" I asked him flabbergasted.

"Sorry, Soojung but I need to go now. Just hang on for a little while ok." He said as he cut my call.

"Wow! I can't believe this oppa. You're so gonna be dead when you come back." 

Failing with the plan to get some work, I scrolled through my contact list to see if I could call anyone to hang out with me. 

I can't call Changmin oppa cause he already said he's gonna be busy today.

I can't call Jessica too...she's always busy anyway.

Victoria...she went to China and hasn't come back yet.

Luna...she would be probably busy auditioning for her musical.

Sulli...she said she was going on a vacation with her boyfriend.

Amber...she also wasn't in Korea. She went to LA just yesterday.

I realised everyone was busy living their lives except me. Why did I even say I wanted a one month break? A few days doing nothing was already making me insane.

There was no one else I could call as I scrolled through the list again until a name caught my attention. 

KIM JAEJOONG.

Maybe I should try calling him? Or maybe not? Was he even still using this number? 

I decided to try calling him anyway. For some reason, I was so sure that he would have changed his number and that the call wouldn't go through but to my surprise the call did go through. I suddenly cancelled the call as soon as it went through. I wasn't sure what to tell him when he answered. 

He called me back in just a few seconds and I decided to answer it coolly.

"Hello?" I said acting cool. 

"You called?" He asked.

"Um...sorry...I pressed it by mistake..I was supposed to call my friend." I lied. 

"Ok." He said.

"Ok sorry."

"Are you busy now?" He asked me as I was about to hang up.

"Um...no..why?" I told him.

"I was thinking maybe you might wanna hang out...you know..." He said as if he read my mind.

"Were you hoping for someone to call you all these time so you can hang out? And it just happened to be me accidentally?" I asked him teasingly.

"Well...better than nothing." He said playing along. "Besides I don't think you'd have anything particular to do these days."

"Ok...sure let's meet." I told him.

Jaejoong's POV

I went to pick up Soojung and was just driving around the highway since she said she wanted to go on a long drive. 

I was beyond happy when she called. My heart was beating so fast as I cakled her back with a hope. She said it was an accident. But whether accident or not, I didn't even care cause that one phone call led me to spend such times with her. I was happy as long as I was with her.

She was leaning outside the car's window and feeling the cool breeze. I took a glance at her every once in a while without getting caught. 

"Hey Jaejoong!" She said as she got her head back in the car. 

"Yeah?" I answered as I continued driving.

"Let's go to a club." She said with her eyes shining.

"WHAT?" I exclaimed.

"Cmon...take me there. I wanna go! I've never gone even once..." She started whining.

I felt like I was gonna give in already. This was the first time she was acting this way to me and I was getting weak already.

"No...no...seriously...it's no fun there." I told her.

"But you always go, don't you?" She asked with her arms crosses across her chest.

"I quit...cause it's not fun anymore." 

"Whether it's fun or not...let me be the judge of it. So take me, will ya?" She asked me as she hung onto my arm and giving her puppy eyes.

"No...Soojung...it's not a good place. Let's go somewhere else." I suggested.

"But you'll be there...whatever happens you're gonna protect me right?" She asked again as she looked into my eyes.

"Ok...but we can't stay long, alright?" I told her as I sighed.

"Yay! You're the best." She said as she threw her arms around my neck.

Feeling her close to me almost made my heart stop. She probably had no idea what she was doing to me, how she was making me crazy with every words and every action she did.

I had no choice but to take her to a club. For the last time, I tried to talk her out of it but nothing worked. She was so firm on her decision to go.

When we went in, I could the eyes following her. At least she wasn't wearing anything short so it's kinda ok. But her beauty was enough to get anyone's attention even all she was wearing was a jean and a white crop top. 

I could see so many guys trying to hit on her. I walked closer to her and had my arms around her to keep those guys away. And soon, the guys turned away. 

"I'll go have a drink." She shouted on top of the loud music and went away towards the bar.

I had to follow her among the crowd so as not to lose her. When I arrived, she was already having her drink and the bartender was obviously hitting on her.

I went towards her and put my hand on her shoulder and ordered the same drink as her. The bartender stared at me but got me the drink anyway and continued doing his job while laying his eyes on Soojung once in a while. Everytime I caught him doing so, I gave him a death glare and he turned away instantly.

"Hey! I think I should go dance." Soojung said as she got up from her seat unsteadily. 

"Are you drunk already?" I asked her shocked that she could get drunk from just one shot.

"No...I'm not." She said but her face was flushed and she wasn't talking properly. 

"Yes you are!" I told her and tried to make her sit again.

"No...I'm gonna dance." She said as she got away from my grip and went towards the crowd dancing.

I had to follow her again and search for her among the people dancing.
I saw her dancing with some guy. I went over there and stood in front of the guy blocking him from her.

"Hey! What's your problem,man?" The guy said irritated.

"Sorry...but she's my girlfriend so I'd appreciate it if you stay away." I told him with a smile.

Then, I took Soojung away from the crowd and made her sit on one of the couch at the corner. She kept on asking for more drinks so I gave her some lemon juice instead. She wouldn't know anyway.

"Hey! Kim Jaejoong!" She started talking with a slurred speech. "You lady killer? That's what they call you right?"

"Tell me how to get a guy to like me too." She said.

"Is there anyone you like?" I asked her.

She kept on nodding her head for a while and said, "Yes...There's this guy...this guy...I've liked him for a long time..."

Even though she was drunk, I could tell what she was saying was from her heart. 

"Changmin! Shim Changmin! When will you ever know?" She said and started tearing up.

Seeing her tear up for another guy and the fact that she confessed she loved Changmin for so long made my heart tear up too. 

"Changmin...." She kept on murmuring her name.

Unable to hear her talk about another guy, I carried her out of the club and took her to my car and decided to take her home.

I called Jessica beforehand to let her know she was drunk and that I was driving her home.

The whole ride she was still talking about Changmin and it was starting to get on my nerves.

When I reached her place, Jessica was already outside waiting.

"Sorry she got drunk. I didn't know she had such low tolerance." I told her feeling bad.

"Where did you guys even go?" Jessica asked as she gave support to Soojung.

"Well...that's..." I hesitated a bit.

"Never mind...you should go. It must have been hard on you too." She said and went inside with Soojung still talking about something.

When I reached my place, I tried to go straight to sleep. But I couldn't. I kept on thinking about Soojung talking about Changmin. She must really love him.

Unable to sleep, I got up and decided to get some drink in the living room. With every drink, my heart started aching more. I wasn't drunk yet but I ended but crying silently over her in the dark.

Then, soon, the light in the living room.

"Hyung! Whag happened?" Taeyong rushed over to my side worriedly.

I just kept on crying holding onto my chest. I didn't want to cry like this in front of him but I couldn't control anymore.

"Did something happen?" Taeyong was asking.

"Is this because of Soojung noona?" He asked after a while.

"She loves another guy and it hurts so much." I told him unable to keep everything inside.

"So what? You can still win her over." Taeyong said trying to make me feel better. "You're Kim Jaejoong, the lady killer, for God's sake"

"I don't think I can. She really loves him." 

"Cmon...hyung! This isn't like you. You can make her fall for you." 

"If only that was easy..."