Chapter-10

Why did I end up falling for you?

Krystal's POV

I woke up the next morning to find Jessica still at home having breakfast alone in the kitchen.

I also took a bowl and poured the milk and cereals into it. I took the bowl to the dining table where Jessica was eating and sat across her. She was eating with her eyes focused on a file instead of the food. 

"Didn't you go home last night?" I asked her while eating my cereals. 

"No." She said still focused on her work.

I continued eating my breakfast in silence since she was too busy to have a conversation with me.

After a while, she put the file inside her bag and took out her phone to call someone.

"Yes, Jaejoong? It's me Jessica." She said through the phone.

Hearing his name somehow got my attention. I stopped eating and was listening to what they were talking about although it was hard to understand everything since I can't hear Jaejoong's voice but I was still able to make out something.

"You're coming today, right?" Jessica was asking him.
"You can't not come today. We have so much to discuss and we should really start working soon."

She stopped for a while as she listened to what he was saying although I couldn't hear anything. 

"No...that is your problem and I don't care about that. What I care is to get this job done. Whether you're in or out, settle it out with your father. If you can't then get your to my office as soon as possible." She said as she hung up the call with that smile of victory.

"Damn you're bossy." I told her.

"I've got to be." She said giving me a cheeky smile and left for work while still talking on the phone with someone and waving her hand saying goodbye to me. 

The rest of the day I just stayed in bed reading some magazines while munching on chips. But soon I was tired and wanted to go out. So I started calling my friends but all of them were busy with something or the other. Then, the only person left that I could call was Changmin oppa.

I stared at my phone for hours debating myself whether I should call him or not.

"You're bored. Just call him and go out. There's nothing wrong with that. He doesn't even know anything about how you feel so just play along." A voice in my head was saying. 

"If you go out with him now, you won't be able to shut off your feelings for him like you plan to. Stay away from him. Remember he doesn't see you as a girl." Another voice said.

"Damn! I don't know anymore." I groaned as I held my head with both hands.

My fingers almost reached the call button only to pull back again. It kept on going like this until my phone rang and made me jump out of surprise. When I saw the name on the screen, my heart was silently screaming inside. It was Changmin oppa. 

Did we have a telepathy or something? How did he know just when to call? I was getting overjoyed at the coiincidence thinking it could be something more. I tried to first calm myself down before answering so that I won't sound like I was waiting for his call.

"Yes?" I answered nonchalantly.

"Hey, Krystal! Are you busy?" He asked.

"Um..well..not really." I said trying to not look like I had actually nothing to do. 

"Can we meet?" 

"Why? Something wrong?" I asked him although I knew I was gonna go anyway.

"No...just wanted to hang out. Is it fine?"

"Um..yeah I guess so." I told him trying not to be obvious of my excitement.

"Then can you come to your dad's office after maybe 30 mins? I'll be done by then, I think." He said.

"Sure." I said as I hung up the call.

As soon as I hung up, I was rolling around in bed and screaming with joy kicking my feet in the air and laughing alone. I forgot all about what happened the day before. I didn't even care anymore. 

Jaejoong's POV

I just got off the phone with Jessica. She was telling me to come meet her but I still had no idea about the project I was supposed to do with her.
I was told yesterday by my dad that he's gonna make me the Director of his company. I didn't want to be but I had no choice but to do as told. 

I already had some knowledge about the business since my dad made me join his company from the ground level since I graduated from university until I finally gave up some years ago. But being a Director was no joke. I had no confidence. I didn't know why my dad who never believed in me was suddenly giving me this huge post.

Today, my dad took me to his office and was introducing me as the new Director in front of everyone in the conference hall.

"Good morning. I'm Kim Jaejoong." I introduced myself. "I know I don't deserve this title but since I was given, I'll do my best as the Director. I'm still lacking a lot. So I hope you will guide me well. Thank you." I said as I gave a bow to them.

Everyone started clapping but I could also see lots of disapproving faces still clapping half heartedly.

I'm already having lots of enemies. I thought and sighed. 

Although I wanted to escape from this, I had no way out. I had to deal with it somehow. When the meeting was done, I was taken to my office by some girl. 

The office was big enough and the interior was monochromatic just like I wanted but I wasn't even excited to get an office for myself.

"I'm Yuri Kwon. I'll be your secretary. I hope we work well together." The girl said. 

"Sure. I'm Kim Jaejoong by the way." I told her with a smile.

"Yes. If you need anything, call me. Then..." She said as she went out of the room.

She sure was gonna have so much to do being my secretary. I thought to myself. 

Now that I didn't have anything to do in the office anyway, I decided to go meet Jessica.

When I reached, I was led into her office by her secretary as usual.

"Well...took you long enough." She said finally looking up from the pile of papers in front of her. 

"Sorry...I had to attend my welcoming meeting." I told her as I sat on the sofa.

"So you finally gave in." 

"Got no choice." I told her as I shrugged my shoulders.

She looked at me and smiled as she said, "Then we should start working now." 

She took out some papers and gave it to me.

"Go through it." She said.

"I still don't know a thing about this." I confessed.

"What? You still haven't read it yet?" She said with her eyes wide like what I just said was something unacceptable.

"Sorry...I'm new in this." I said softly kinda feeling sorry too.

"Forget it...Let me explain." She said and started explaining about how to go with the plans. It was a joint project between hers and our company to launch a new clothing line. Their company was already well established as a sports clothing company among all the other things that they have launched and ours specialised mostly on sports shoes and leather bags.

We were supposed to combine both companies ideas and bring out something more unique and creative. So we needed to cooperate well and also think about the loss and gains we could get from this. 

"Do you know why your dad chose you for this project?" She asked when she was finally done explaining.

"That's what I want to know too." I told her.

"He said you're the best person for this. He said your knowledge for fashion and current trends are gonna play a big role in this. I'm hoping he wasn't wrong." She said.

"I wish I heard it myself." I told her with a little laugh.

When we were done talking we decided to go out and have lunch together to celebrate our first day working together.

"Is italian fine with you? I know a nice italian restaurant around here." She asked me while we were on our way out of the company.

"Anything's fine with me." I told her with a smile. "I eat everything well."

"That's good." She said and smiled back.

"Unnie?" A familiar voice called from behind getting Jessica's attention.

She turned around and I did the same with my heart racing hoping she was the person I hoped she was. 

She was the person I hoped for. Jung Soojung. But she was not alone. She was happily standing so close next to that guy from Japan. What was his name? Changmin, was it? 

The sight of them together and the smile she had was enough to make my heart sink.