Chapter-15

Why did I end up falling for you?

Jaejoong's POV 

"Hey! Kim Jaejoong!!"

I heard someone calling me when I was on my way out from my office. I turned around to find Soojung happily waving her hand towards me. She ran towards me smiling brightly and my heart sank at that instant.

"Finally I can meet Mr. Busy now." She said as she stood in front of me.

Since the day she told me she and Changmin are officially dating now, i have been ignoring her. She called me several times asking to meet her but I ignored her telling her I was busy. To get her off my mind, I was actually starting to focus on working as the new Director at my dad's company. Getting myself busy with work was the only solution to get her off my mind.

Everything was working well until she stood in front of me again today.

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"Is that what you say to someone who came all the way here to have lunch with you?" She said disappointedly with her arms across her chest.

"Sorry...it's just that I'm so busy..." I tried to make an excuse.

"Oh God! Will you stop with that? Even if you're so busy...you still eat...don't you?" She said sounding annoyed.

"Or is it that you're avoiding me?" She said looking at me suspiciously tilting her head a bit.

"No...that's not...okay fine...let's go have lunch, alright?" I gave in at the end.

"See...now that's good." She said being all happy again.

We went to a nearby restaurant to have lunch. 

"How did you suddenly get so busy?" She asked while we were eating.

"You know...I became the Director of my dad's company not long ago...and things got so hectic..." 

"I don't see you coming to meet Jessica at our company too anymore..." She said. 

"Yeah...we're almost done with our job...and even if we need to discuss something we do it over the phone or meet outside." 

She just nodded to my answer.

Since that day, I've been avoiding going anywhere where I'd run into Soojung. I requested Jessica to meet me outside the company for work and she gladly agreed after I told her what happened. 

"I guess you really were busy." She said as she let out a sigh.

"Why are you here instead of going on a date?" I asked her.

"He's always busy." She said as she looked down at her food avoiding eye contact.

I felt like I had asked something I shouldn't have. But soon enough she showed me a smile which I interpreted as she was fine. 

"But you guys won't be the only busy people now...cause I'm about to get super busy soon...like from tomorrow.."  She said as she flipped her hair and leaned back on the chair with her legs crossed and arms across her chest.

"So you're returning to work then?" I asked her.

"Yeah..finally...my manager got back from that stupid vacation of him and luckily he got me so much work...I need to start practicing right away tomorrow." She said and I could feel how she was truly happy and excited after a long time.

"So today's your last day of being free?" I asked her.

"Yeah...and that's why I came to see you." She said.

"Uh...but why?" I asked her confusingly.

"Dummy...I won't be able to meet you much cause you became one damn busy guy and I'll also be busy so..." She said and shrugged her shoulders.

"Ok...thanks for coming by." I told her with a smile.

"You should be."  She said giving me a side eye.

Although I tried to burn out my feelings for her while avoiding her all these times, everything came back just from one single glance at her today. All the efforts I put in just went to waste. But I was still happy that she came looking for me. I was hoping maybe i could be a friend she could rely on even though i don't get her to love me....but will I really be able to handle seeing her in someone else's arms as I stayed by her side? 

Krystal's POV

I went to meet Changmin oppa at his office after having lunch with Jaejoong. He was at a meeting so I had to wait in his office for an hour or so.

After he was done, he came in with his secretary talking about something looking all serious. He didn't even notice me when he came in until like a minute had passed. 

"Oh...you came?"  He said simply while he continued to look intently at some papers.

"I guess you're busy. I shouldn't have come." I told him.

"Sorry but I really need to finish this." He said as he looked at me for a second and his eyes returned to the papers soon enough.

I just stood up and left without saying anything. He won't even hear me properly anyway. I was disappointed that although he was busy, he didn't make any effort to make me feel like he wanted to be with me too.

I called Jessica on my way out and told her to meet me at the restaurant we always went to.

She was already there when I reached the restaurant.

"What's up? It's been so long since you called me out." She said as soon as I sat down.

"Everyone's busy so..."

"So the last option is me?" She said.

I nodded and smiled.

"You didn't meet Changmin today?" She asked me.

"I went to meet him but he was too busy." I told her as I let out a sigh.

"Isn't he being too busy? I think he's not even making any effort in your relationship." She said seriously.

"Stop saying that." I told her a bit pissed off.

"Ok...sorry...but I really think Jaejoong is better." 

"I went to meet him today." 

"See...even Jaejoong is busy but he made time for you." She said half jokingly.

"Oh please...unnie...will you stop with that?" 

"Ok sorry...let's eat instead alright?" She said with a little laugh satisfied with her teasing.