Chapter-13

Why did I end up falling for you?

Jaejoong's POV

I opened my eyes with a really bad headache. I was in my living room. How did I end up sleeping here? Then, I saw the mess in front of me. The cans of beer and soju scattered in front of me. I pressed my temple with my fingers to ease the pain and tried to remember what exactly happened yesterday.

I remember taking Soojung home after she got drunk. Then I came home and....oh no! 

I remembered drinking and crying my eyes out in front of Taeyong over Soojung. How am I gonna face my brother now? It was such an embarrassing thing to do. Now he's probably gonna tease for I don't know how long. 

Then, I heard footsteps coming towards the living room. It must be Taeyong. I lied down on the couch and closed my eyes pretending to sleep.

"I already saw you got up just a while ago. So, stop pretending and get up." He said. 

I still didn't move and pretended to sleep.

"Wow..I can't believe this. Hyung! Get up! I'm hungry...cook me something...I won't say anything about yesterday." 

I had no choice but to get up. It's not like I can lie on the couch the whole day even though that's what I really wanted to do.

I stretched out my arms and yawned like I just woke up. 

"What time is it now?" I asked Taeyong like I didn't even hear anything he said.

"Waah...you're such a bad actor." He said as he got up and went towards the kitchen. "Stop with all the acts and come cook me something."

I sighed as I got up to brush and wash my face. I suddenly remembered I had a meeting with Jessica at 10 am. I checked the time on my phone and it was already 1 pm.

Damn! I'll be as good as dead if this got to my dad. I called Jessica to apologise about having her wait and not coming. 

"I had a feeling you're not gonna come anyway..." She said.

"What do you mean?"

"You must be probably having a bad hangover now...so rest up and let's meet tomorrow." She said and hung up.

But wait a minute...I wasn't drunk when I dropped Soojung off at her home. So how would she know I drank? 

Anyway, I don't have to go out today so it's good. I can get a good rest. 

I went into the kitchen to make lunch and Taeyong was already there sitting on the dining table playing games on his phone.

"It was quite a scene yesterday." Taeyong said with a cheeky smile.

"You said you weren't gonna talk about it." I told him.

"You finally stopped acting." He said with a little laugh.

"Bring that up again and I won't feed you." I warned him

"Ok...calm down! Don't threaten with food." He said.

"Shut up and just eat." I told him as I gave him the lunch I prepared.

Soojung's POV

My head was hurting a lot when I got up.

"Why is my head hurting so much?" I asked myself as I rubbed my head with my hands.

"You got up?" 

I saw Jessica sitting on the couch in my room with some magazines.

"Why are you here? Didn't you go to work?" I asked her.

"None of your business." She said as she flipped through the pages of a magazine.

"But you made quite a scene yesterday..." she said.

"Why? Was I drunk?" I asked her.

"Don't you remember anything?" She asked as she looked at me. "I don't know how and where you got drunk but Jaejoong brought you home." 

"What? JAEJOONG?" 

Then slowly, I started to remember. I made him take me to a club and I remembered drinking there and dancing but nothing after that. What could have happened there?

I tried to remember more but I couldn't. 

"You made it pretty much obvious to the world that you like Changmin too." Jessica said so calmly.

"What are you talking about? What did I do?" I asked suddenly worried about what I might have said.

"Well...you're kept on saying his name since the moment you got out of Jaejoong's car. I think you have been talking about him only. You probably told Jaejoong you like Changmin too." 

"Oh no!!!" I exclamied as I rubbed my face with my hands.

"I just wanted to let you know what happened yesterday before you get out of the house unaware. Now I can go" she said as she left my room.

I was too embarrassed to see Jaejoong again. But I thought I had to at least thank him for taking care of me yesterday or maybe apologise for the trouble I caused.

Why did I have to let him take me to a club and get drunk? This is so embarrassing.

Jaejoong's POV

Soojung suddenly called saying she wanted to meet. I didn't want to but how can I not when the girl I loved wanted to meet me? Whether she loves me or not, all I wanted now was to be with her.

We met up at a cafe. It was awkward after what happened yesterday. We both didn't know if we should pretend like we forgot or not.

"Listen...about yesterday.." Soojung said after hesitating for a while. "I'm sorry...I caused too much trouble, didn't I? I shouldn't have asked you to take me there."

"No...you weren't that bad." I told her with a smile.

"You don't have to lie. I know how I get when I'm drunk." She said with a little laugh.

I smiled unconsciously too.

"Um...I said something about Changmin, right?" She asked biting her lower lip.

"Well...yeah...you did say something..." I told her. 

I wanted her to deny what she said yesterday. But I already knew with all my heart that she was sincere when she talked about Changmin yesterday.

"I hope you'll keep that as a secret." She said as if pleading with her eyes.

"Sure." I told her as I tried to hide how hurt I was with a smile. "Does he not know anything about it?" I asked her.

"He's probably absolutely clueless. I feel like a fool sometimes going crazy over him alone." She said with a bitter smile.

"Will you confess?" I asked her with a heavy heart.

"Well...if he doesn't...maybe...I mean I didn't have the courage to when we were in university so...I should at least let him know now right? To have no regrets later."

"But I think he likes you too..." I told her. I never thought I'd tell her this but because she liked him for so long, she deserves to be with the person she loves and I really do think Changmin also have feelings for her.

"I hope so..." she said with a smile.

Then, her phone rang and she answered it.

"Oppa..."

I knew who it was just from seeing her face light up.

"Yeah...are you free now? Sure...I'll come now...no you don't need to pick me up..." she said on the phone.

"Sorry...I need to go..." she told me as she hung up the call.

"It's fine...you should go." i told her faking a smile.

I thought of just going home but I needed alcohol to ease the pain I was feeling. So I went to a bar instead.

I drank sitting alone drowning in my own sadness. 

"Jaejoong?" 

Jessica was standing beside me. I don't know how she always pops up randomly.

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"I was meeting some friends." She said as she sat beside me.

"Weren't you leaving?" I asked her seeing her sit down instead of leaving.

"I was going to but you look so pathetic drinking alone so I'm gonna be your drinking buddy." She said as she took my drink and drank it.

"You're drinking cause Soojung likes Changmin right?" She asked me suddenly.

"How do you know?" I asked her. She always seems to know too many things.

"Isn't it obvious? She came back home yesterday and all she said was Changmin's name and nothing else."

I sighed and continued drinking not saying anything.

"You shouldn't be so discouraged though...you can still go after her...impress her more than Changmin does...I mean it's not like they're already in a relationship. I'd say you can still get her even if they're dating...as long as they're not married."

"I don't get you...she's your sister. Shouldn't you want her to be with the one she loves?" I told her.

"Yeah...but it's always better for girls to end up with the one who loves her more from my experience..." 

"Are you talking about your husband?"

"Yeah..." she said with a smile. "I've been with so many guys that I started liking before they like me but Yoochun was the one who loved me first and his love hasn't changed one bit..."

"What makes you think I'll love Soojung more than Changmin though? How can you be so sure?" I asked her.

"Well..my instinct says so.." she said as she shrugged her shoulders.

"You're really good with office works but I really don't understand you outside of work." I told her with a laugh.

"No one can be good at everything, right? I gotta be weird in some way to be human too." She said with a smile.

"What I'm saying is...don't give up without even trying...I really do wish our Soojung ends up with you. She may not see it now but one day she'll realise your love too. So don't stop trying." She said as she reassuringly patted on my back and left.

Hearing her words gave me determination to keep on trying. It's my love and I gotta make it happen.