Chapter-6

Why did I end up falling for you?

Four weeks have passed since the last time I saw Jaejoong. We haven't met or talked at all since we ended our fake relationship. It's like we're strangers now which is good cause now I won't have anyone disturbing me everytime. 

The day after the news broke out about us "dating" we told the public that we weren't dating and that we're just friends. Of course with the pictures of him kissing my forehead and us getting out of the cafe together on the day we ended things, people didn't really believe but things died down in a week with other more interesting stories out there.

I have been quite free lately, with really nothing much on my schedule, except for a performance in some rich people's party today, which was also a suggestion my parents made. They wanted me at the party but they knew I won't go as their daugther. So they suggested I play the piano there and now I have to go. I can't have them break the promise they made. After all it's all about reputation there. But I am so sure my mom's gonna hook me up with another rich man's son there. 

My mom called this stylist of hers who brought these huge pile of dresses with her and was giving her the job to dress her, me and my sis. Yes, my mom is treated no less than a celebrity. She has her own stylist, make up artist and what not. Her closet is has much more than me and Jessica combined. I think I can even borrow her dresses for my concerts.

My mom and Jessica already chose their dresses while I was getting my hair and make up done. Well, I woke up late so I was last, not that it matter.

My mom was in this very elegant looking flowing gown in peach color. She was keeping a very balanced look with her hair half down and just a small diamond necklace and a bracelet and on her fingers were just her wedding ring that really shone. 

Jessica was wearing a sky blue A-line dress with glitters that really showed off her figure. She had her golden hair up in a very elegant bun with minimal jewelery giving off the look of simple elegance.

I was going through the dresses that the stylist brought. There were so many colors, red, pink, yellow, purple, it was actually blinding my eyes cause I never go for such bright colors. Then, I found a simple off shoulder white A line dress and just went with that. I wore a small diamond necklace and a small diamond ring on my hand. I didn't do anything special to my hair. I just let it down wavy.

We were driven to the venue by our driver and the place was filled with of course rich people trying to look their best. We went inside and my parents kept on introducing me and my sister to people I have no idea about. Jessica was busy trying to build connections with these people while I was just there not getting whatever they were talking about. I was just there smiling dumbly.

"Krystal?" I heard someone call me from the back. Whoever it was, I was glad that he called cause I was so bored of listening to this man talking endlessly about God knows what.

I turned around to see who it was and was even more glad to see him.

"Changmin oppa!" I exclaimed. I was happy to finally find someone that I actually know among these people that I know nothing about or have nothing to do with. 

My mom and Jessica suddenly shifted their attention from the man to me while my dad continued talking. They were looking cluelessly at Changmin. 

"Mom, unnie, this is Changmin. He was a senior in my university in the US." I introduced him to them.

Changmin oppa was telling them about himself, like how he studied art and was doing exhibitions and all now. But I could tell from just looking, my mom wasn't interested in those. What she wanted to know was who his parents were. She knew he won't be rich enough to be here from just doing exhibitions. 

"I see you've already met my son." A man came towards us with his wife, I guess. 

My mom and Jessica were exhanging greetings with the man and his wife. I guess they knew each other. 

"So this young man here is your son?" My mom asked.

"Yes, Changmin is my only son. The one I always talked about. He came back not long ago." The man said with a proud smile while patting Changmin on the back.

My mom was introducing me too and was telling how me and Changmin oppa were already friends. I don't know what was so funny but the elders seemed so pleased laughing at whatever they were saying.

So I just found out today that Changmin is also a son of a rich man. I always thought he was a just simple ordinary guy but he's not. He's apparently the heir to a huge company. I was actually a bit shock to find out this way. How did I never know this?

"Well, that was a surprise!" I told him once we were alone away from the elders who seemed quite busy talking with almost everyone.

"I'm sorry...I didn't want anyone to know who I was. You know, I hate people approaching me just for my status." He explained to me.

"Like I enjoy it." I told him in a bit sarcastic way.

"Cmon! Even you hid your identity." He said trying to end this argument while trying to say I did the same.

"Oh please! You found out soon enough." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Okay I'm sorry...I should have told you sooner." He said.

"Yes you should have." I told him.

I was disappointed that he kept this from me all these time. I thought we were pretty close. Was he not gonna tell me at all if we didn't meet like this today?

"Young lady, I need to borrow my son for a while." Changmin's dad said with a smile as he came towards us.

"I'll see you later." Changmin oppa told me as he followed his father.

Somehow he fits in perfectly with the group of people here unlike me. I realized he was doing his job as an heir to a huge company trying to build connections just like everyone else was doing there. This made me see him in a whole new light like he was some important person. It's not an easy job to run a huge company. I know it just from seeing my dad and sis.

Soon, an old man who seemed to be the one hosting the event made a speech on the stage. He was talking about his experiences and giving advices about business and motivations to everyone there. I saw everyone sitting on their assigned seats listening very intently. 

I was just looking around not really listening to what the old man was saying. I guess I was the only one being bored here.Then, a guy with a headset came towards me informing that my performance will be after this speech. I just nodded and followed him to be on standby. 

After waiting for about 20 mins, the old man finally finished whatever story he was narrating and a guy took over the stage and introduced me.

I went towards the piano and started playing it. I looked at the crowd of people gathered there. Some were listening to my music and some were recording videos with their phones while some were continuing with their talks. It made me a bit mad to see people not enjoying my music and just talking but I ignored it and focused on playing it just for the few people who listened. 

When I'm done, I gave them a little curtsey before I stepped away from the piano. They were clapping just as a sign of appreciation and continued with whatever they were doing before. Of course, connections mean more than enjoying the music to them.

I let out a deep sigh as I got off from the stage. How long am I supposed to stay here? When will this end? I thought. 

"Noona!" A familiar voice interrupted my thought. I turned around to see Taeyong standing behind me smiling with his eyes wide.

"It's really you! I've been debating myself whether it was you or not when I saw you before." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck with a little laugh.

"I didn't know you came here." I told him surprised to see him here. I never thought he'd be interested in such things.

"I was forced to by my parents cause Jaejoong hyung won't go." He said sounding a bit annoyed.

"I guess we're in the same boat then. I was kinda forced too." I told him.

Changmin oppa was not to be seen anywhere near nor were my parents and Jessica. So, I just ended up hanging out with Taeyong instead and it wasn't that bad.

We were filling ourselves with all sorts of delicious food from the buffet they placed after a while. We didn't have much to do anyway. We just talked and joked about how we really didn't fit into this place.

"No wonder hyung never wants to come to such place." He said after he took his last bite of the steak and wiped his mouth with the napkin.

"Why is that?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"Business is not his thing nor mine and he being the eldest, he was kinda forced into it. But he really hates it." He explained.

"I didn't know that." I told him. "I always thought he liked it."

"He did show a bit of interest when he was dating you. That's why my mom really liked you." He said with a cheeky smile. "But soon after you guys broke up he's back to how he was before he met you."

"How is he these days?" I asked casually trying not to sound too curious.

"He's back to partying. Hanging out in clubs with girls. Coming home drunk every night and he hardly comes to the company too from what I heard." He said sounding a bit worried himself.

I haven't seen him for that long and I was never curious nor worried about him but now I was. He wasn't that bad of a guy. He was actually good. It was just that he was too expressive and talkative and disturbing but he still was a good guy I know.

When the sun finally set, everyone began to leave. Just how long did I stay here? We, too, were on our way back. The whole way back my mom and Jessica were talking about the people they met and even Changmin but my mind was away from them. I was curious about Jaejoong all of a sudden. Why did he suddenly become like that? Should I go check him out? No...why am I suddenly worried about him? 

I took out my ipod and headphone and put it in my ears with an attempt to shut out my own thoughts with songs but coincidentally or however, the first song that played happened to be the one that I listened with Jaejoong in Japan while walking on the cherry blossom street.

I immediately removed my headphone from my ears and shut off my ipod. Instead, I just closed my eyes and rested my head on the car seat and soon I drifted into a deep sleep.