Chapter-20

Why did I end up falling for you?

Jaejoong's POV

"Hyung!" Taeyong said through the phone.

"Yeah?" I answered him as I looked through the file for a meeting.

"You see...hyung...ah...the thing is..." He kept on hesitating.

"Taeyong, Hyung is busy right now...so can you just tell me straight to the point?" I told him.

"Yeah...you see...someone will come visit you soon...tomorrow maybe..." He told me nervously.

"And who is that?" 

"You'll know when the time comes." 

"Taeyong...I told you not to give out my address to just anyone...and besides I'm not in US now...I'm in Singapore and I won't be back until day after tomorrow." 

"I know and I'm sorry but can't you come back earlier? You should really meet the person." He told me desperately.

"I don't think I can...anyway let's talk later." I told him and hung up the call as I reached the place where I was supposed to have my meeting with some companies for partnership.

Krystal's POV

I decided to go visit my sister before I leave for the US.

"Unnie!!" I called her out excitedly as I entered her office.

"You seem to be in a really good mood. Anything happened?" She asked after staring at me for a while.

"Nothing...." I told her and sat down on the couch.

"Did Changmin ask you to marry him or something?" She asked as she moved towards me and sat on the couch.

Hearing her say that made me feel bad rather than happy.

"Why do you think I'll be happy if he ask me to marry him?" I asked her.

"Isn't that what you always wanted?" She said like it's a matter of fact. 

"Oh...don't tell me...you're having second thoughts about him..." She gasped as she put her hands on after studying my expression.

"I don't know...I don't want to talk about this..." I told her.

"That's why you should've have gone for Jaejoong." Jessica murmured loud enough for me to hear clearly.

"I'm actually meeting him when i go to the US." I told her.

"Oh really?" She exclaimed looking more happy than me. "I really hope you finally realise your true love." 

"What are you talking about?" I asked her confused.

"Nothing." She said with a cheeky smile.

"Anyway...I'm leaving tonight so I'll go home and get ready..." I told her and got up to leave.

"Good luck! My baby" she shouted behind me as I leave.

----------

When I finally arrived in the US, I got a call from Taeyong telling me Jaejoong won't be here until day after tomorrow.

Feeling a bit disappointed I went to my hotel and slept through the day after having lunch. I was woken up by my manager to get ready for practice.

I got ready and left for practice. I played for hours without break so that I could finish it up soon and head back to the hotel. I was hoping to meet Jaejoong after practice but he wasn't there so i didn't have anything else to do.

I was finally done and was about to leave when I saw someone familiar at a distance. I looked closely and saw Changmin standing a few metres away.

He came towards me with a bouquet in his hand. He smiled and gave it to me.

"I'm so sorry I didn't make it the other time." He said.

"Why are you here?" I questioned him before I even took his bouquet.

"Aww...you're still upset?" He said as he studied my face. 

"Hyung, can you go ahead? I'd like to have some time alone with her." He told my manager who was waiting for me.

"I need to go rest." I told him as I turned my back.

He grabbed me by my wrist and made me turn around.

"I need to tell you something." He said and I had to tag along with him to some restaurant.

"Tell me honestly...you actually came here for work right?" I asked him as we waited for our food.

"Honestly?" He said and stopped for a while. "Yes but still we got to meet right? And that's all that matters."

I was annoyed hearing him actually admit to it but calmed myself down and kept my composure. 

"Krystal...Jung Soojung." He called out my name while I was busy with my phone.

I put my phone down and looked at him. He reached his hands in his pocket and took out a box.

He opened it and I saw a diamond ring sitting there.

"No...no...not now." I thought to myself when I realised what was going on.

"Will you marry me?" He asked with a nervous smile.

I didn't know what to say or do. My heart just sank. I looked at him and seeing him wait for my answer nervously made me felt even more bad. 

"Krystal?" He called me again.

"I can't do this right now." I told him as I got up and walked away.

Tears kept falling as I walked ahead with no destination. I didn't like the fact that I was feeling this way. But what can I do? I don't feel secure with him...nor do I really ever felt his love. I was just a fool who had a crush on him and I can't stand it anymore now that I felt like my love for him is fading too. 

"Wait...Krystal." Changmin oppa ran after me and got me by my wrist.

"What's wrong? Why are you doing this?" He asked as he tried to catch his breath.

"It's just...I don't think I can marry you." I finally confessed.

"What? But why?" He asked shocked.

"I'm tired of everything."

"Is it because I didn't come to your concert? I apologized for that didn't I?" He said cluelessly.

"You think just an apology will make everything okay. But I don't think I can live my whole life listening to your apologies instead of showing me with actions." 

"Look Krystal...you can't do this." He said trying to reason with me. "You know our parents are already talking about our marriage."

"Is that why you proposed today?" I scoffed at his reasons. "Because your parents want you to?"

"That's not...why do you keep twisting my words?" He asked as he raised his voice.

I looked into his eyes as I said, " I don't think we're meant for each other oppa. I just can't take it anymore."

"We'll make it work..." He said as he put his hands on my shoulder.

"No...I'm tired of trying...why do I have to be the only one trying and waiting...why do I have to go through all these pain?" I told him and my tears kept trickling down my cheeks. "For some time it hurt but as time passed i don't even care anymore...how do you expect me to marry you like this?" 

He stood frozen in front of me. He seemed too dumbstruck to say anything. 

"Oppa..I'm really sorry but...just let me go." I told him as I walked away crying leaving him behind.