Chapter-22

Why did I end up falling for you?

Jaejoong's POV

"Hi...I'm Boa Kwon." Jaejoong's girlfriend." Boa introduced herself to Changmin and Soojung.

"Oh...you got yourself a girlfriend?" Changmin said. "I'm Changmin by the way."

"I guess you guys are pretty close." Boa told Changmin.

"You think so?" Changmin said looking at me.

In this situation, I was only focused on one person. Soojung hasn't said a word and was only looking down avoiding my eyes. 

I was worried that something must have happened to her. I wanted to know if she was alright. But instead of asking her, all I could do was just look at her.

"She's Soojung or Krystal...whichever you'd like to call. My fiancé." Changmin introduced Soojung in her stead.

"Oh...it's nice to meet you." Boa said as she extended her hand for a handshake to Soojung.

Soojung just gave a slight smile and shook her hand.

"I...I need to go now..." She said as she left and Changmin followed her.

It's been so long and yet I was still worried about her like always. 

"Whatever it is...she'll be fine...Changmin's there for her." I told myself mostly to reassure myself.

"Shall we go?" Boa asked me waking me from my thoughts.

"Where?" I asked her still lost.

"Dinner? Remember we have a dinner date tonight?" She reminded me.

"Can we do it some other time? I'm really sorry." I told her.

"Are you alright?" She looked at me worriedly.

"Yes...I just need to rest. I'm really sorry...you should go now." I told her as I got inside the apartment building.

When I reached my apartment, I sat on my couch with my hands rubbing my face. I was too taken aback with what happened. I needed time to think.

I kept on asking myself why Soojung came to see me. But I couldn't give myself an answer. I thought i was over her when I finally started dating Boa but I was wrong. It felt like I was only deceiving my own feelings. 

Yes Boa is a great girl but I can never love her like I love Soojung. I felt bad enough to punch myself for feeling this way but what can I do? My heart yearns for only one girl.

Krystal's POV

I rode a taxi back to the hotel with Changmin. He was considerate enough to not question me on the way and I was thankful for that.

On the way, I was thinking about what happened. Why i felt the way I felt when I saw Jaejoong with some other girl. Why seeing him with another girl broke my heart. 

The one year when he was gone, I was fine but now that I saw him again, I felt like I could never live without him again. I remembered the days when he was next to me always listening to me. I needed him again in my life.

"I must really love him." I thought to myself and let out a sigh. 

When I reached the hotel, I went directly to my room with Changmin following me.

I knew he had a lot to ask me and I couldn't ignore his questions any longer so I let him in.

"I need the truth, Krystal." He said looking like he was tired of everything.

"What truth?" I asked him.

"The truth about why you want to end things with me. Is it because of Jaejoong?" 

"Tell me honestly....and I'll let you go." Changmin said with sadness in his eyes when I remained silent for too long.

"I don't know...when I said I wanted to break up with you yesterday...it was for the reasons I told you yesterday but today...after seeing Jaejoong...I think I love him and that may be the reason too." I told him with tears in my eyes.

He looked at my eyes for a while and walked towards me giving me a hug.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I was not a better guy..." He said as he my hair.

"Now you should go to him...go and tell him how you feel. You deserve to be loved and I know he'll give you all the love." He said with a smile as he wiped away my tears.

"I'm sorry oppa." I told him feeling bad about everything.

Jaejoong's POV

I was woken up by my phone ringing. It was an unknown number. I answered it without thinking.

"Hello?" 

The other line remained silent.

"Hello?" I said again, still no answer.

"It's me." I heard a familiar voice when I was about to hang up.

"Jung Soojung?" I said surprised.

"I'm in front of your apartment now...can we meet?" She said.

"What?" I told her surprised at her sudden visit. "Okay...wait a sec."

I went to my door and opened it to see Soojung standing in front of the door.

I let her in and she sat on the couch. I made her coffee and served it.

"This reminds me of the first time I came to your apartment in Korea." She said as she took the coffee and took a sip.

"Right " I told her with an awkward smile.

"I thought you won't be back until tomorrow." She said.

"Hmm?" I said confused.

"Taeyong told me you were out for business and won't be back until tomorrow." 

"Ah..." I remembered Taeyong called me and told me about someone coming to meet me but I never knew it was her.

"So that was you?" I asked her.

She just nodded her head with a smile and I smiled back.

"Why are you really here?" I asked her unable to hold my curiosity.

"Cause I miss you..." She said as she looked down with hands fidgeting.

"I guess you didn't miss me." She said looking at me.

I wanted to tell her I missed her too. I wanted to hold her but I couldn't when I was with another girl and she was with another guy. Telling her and admitting might make things even harder for me.

"I ended things with Changmin oppa." She told me out of the blue making me almost choke on the coffee.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Cause he isn't the one for me." She said.

"I'm sorry to hear that." I told her.

"Do you really think he's the one for me?" She asked. 

"What do you mean?" I asked her confused.

"I'm in love with another guy, Jaejoong." She confessed.

"What are you talking about, Soojung?" I told her still not unable to digest whatever she told me.

"Can't you see? Can't you tell when I came all the way here?" She said with tears in her eyes.

I just sat there motionless trying to get a hold of myself.

"I know it doesn't make sense...but I think I'm in love with you...I don't know why I realise it only now...but...what can I do? I think I really love you." She cried out. 

This was the moment I have dreamed of my whole life. But since it was actually happening, I didn't know how to react or what to tell her.

"Soojung..." I cupped her face with my hands and wiped off her tears.

"Ahh...this is so embarrassing." She said as she covered her face with her hands after letting her heart out.

I couldn't help but smile looking at her cute actions.

"Aren't you going to tell me anything?" She asked me after wiping off her tears with a tissue.

"So this is what was going on." 

Boa was standing at the door looking at us. 

We both got startled and got up from the couch where we were sitting.

"I can't believe this..." She said with anger and stormed off.

I looked at Soojung and her eyes were begging me not to go after her. But I had to. I needed to clear things up for everyone's sake.

"Stay right here. I'll ne back." I told her her.

She grabbed me with her arms around my waist stopping me.

"Do you have to go?"

I turned around facing her.

"I love you too, Soojung." I told her with a smile. "Wait for me till i come back, ok?"

She nodded and stayed back.