Chapter-14

Why did I end up falling for you?

Jaejoong's POV

I was contemplating whether to call Soojung or not. I almost hit the call button several times only to give up halfway and that went on for hours.

I just sat on the couch staring at her name on my phone. 

"You need to make some effort. You gotta have courage. How can you get her if you don't even try? How can you not even give her a single call?" I told myself feeling how pathetic I was. 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and finally decided to call her.

I didn't know why but I was quite nervous as I waited for her to pick up my call. I almost hung up when she finally answered.

"Hello?" Her voice came through the phone.

"Soojung, it's me." I told her hoping she'd recognize my voice at least.

"Yeah...I know. What's wrong?" She asked in an almost whisper voice. 

Just from the way she was talking, I knew what was going on.

"You're with him, aren't you?" I asked her disappointed although she won't even recognize the disappoinment coming from my voice.

"Yeah...listen...we'll talk later ok Luna?" She said and hung up.

I laughed out bitterly at the absurdness. Luna? I guess she really likes him to even worry about talking to some other guy in front of him. 

I decided to just go out to drink instead. I needed to get rid of this sadness inside of me.

Soojung's POV

I was in a restaurant with Changmin oppa when Jaejoong suddenly called. I thought of ignoring it but thinking that it might make Changmin oppa suspicious, I picked up the call.

"Who was that?" Changmin oppa asked when I hung up the call. 

"Oh...it's my friend...Luna..." I told him stuttering a bit and was hoping he wouldn't find out. He never really liked Jaejoong so if he found out it wouldn't be so good.

"Now that you say it...I haven't met any of your friends...I guess Amber's the only one I know...and I haven't seen her since she left LA." He said as he continued eating.

"Oh...should I call them over now? But Amber's in LA now...maybe I can call Luna...sulli and..." I was blurting out whatever because of the nervousness of lying to him. I was already holding my phone ready to call them.

"Calm down." Changmin said with a smile as he put his hand on mine.

That kinda woke me up in senses and realised I was overeacting.

"I can meet then anytime...I don't care...but not today..." He said with a smile I couldn't read. "Cause today is a special day."

"What do you mean?" I asked him cluelessly.

"You'll find out soon enough..." 

We finished eating and got in his car. I put on the seat belt and waited for him to drive but he didn't.

"Aren't you...driving?" I asked him confused.

"Look at me." He said as he turned towards me. 

Looking into each other's eyes was making my heart flutter and I was blushing. I wanted to control myself from showing my feelings too much but what could I do? I was looking into the eyes of the man I loved.

"Krystal Jung...Can you be my girlfriend?" He asked me straight away holding out a necklace in his hand.

"What?" I said even though I clearly heard what he said. I just couldn't believe he was actually asking me out now after all these years.

"I thought of buying a ring but I thought it might be too much of a pressure to you...so I just decided to get you a necklace instead...I'll get you a ring when I ask you to marry me...that is only if you let me..." 

He was even thinking of marrying me. What was happening? Is this a dream? If it was, can I never wake up again?

"Hey...why are you crying?" He asked as he wiped off the tears from my face.

What? I was crying? I touched my cheeks and it was wet from the tears. How could I not even realise I was crying this whole time? 

"Was my confession really that touching?" He joked trying to make me laugh but I was more embarrassed to even laugh at it.

"It's just...something went into my eyes..." I told him the lamest of the lamest lie.

"Really?" He said as he looked at me with the "i know you're lying" eyes.

"Let me get it off for you then..." He said as moved closer and blew on my eyes and before I knew it his lips were already making its way on my lips.

I dreamed of this moment for a long time and it was finally happening. So many feelings were going through and my mind was too numb to even think anymore.

When he finally moved away, I slowly opened my eyes and without a word, he put on the necklace for me.

"Now you're my girl." He said with a smile as he caressed my cheek with one of his hands and held my hand with the other. 

He slowly pulled me closer and kissed again.

When I finally came home, I was drowning in happiness. I was smiling the whole time and I wanted to talk about it to someone. But no one was there. I haven't been talking to my friends much too. They were way too busy. Jessica was probably busy too.

Right then, Jaejoong called me again. I answered the call being all happy.

"Are you home now?" He asked sounding a bit down.

"Yeah...but are you ok?" I asked him concerned.

"Of course...why wouldn't I be?" He said.

"Are you...drinking?" 

"No...I am not." 

"Ok...but guess what happened today..." I told him everything that happened today excitedly.

After telling him what happened, I realised he was quiet the whole time I was talking and even after.

"Hello? Are you even listening?" I asked through the phone.

"Yeah...I heard every bit of it...Good for you, Soojung. You finally got the guy you love." He said sounding a bit disappointed.

"Hey...don't give up. Your love will happen too. Let me help you." I told him trying to cheer him up.

"No...it's over...everything's over..." He mumbled.

"Be a lil bit optimistic, will ya?" I told him. "Listen let me take you out to lunch tomorrow...we'll talk then ok?"

"Just go on a date...don't bother about me...I need to go now." He said and he hung up.

Why did he sound so sad? I was hoping he could be happy for me. Did something happen with that girl he had a crush on?

Jaejoong's POV

I called Taeyong to drive me home after drinking.

"Hyung! Why did you drink so much? Dad will be furious if he finds out." He started complaining but I couldn't care less about it.

"She even told me they kissed..." I mumbled to myself and let out a bitter laugh.

"What did you say?" Taeyong asked but I didn't even bother to answer him.

With a sad song coming from the radio, it triggered my tears with no control. I rested my head on the car's window and closed my eyes as I let the tears fall silently with the song.

"What the...are you actually crying right now?" Taeyong exclaimed.

"Don't talk to me and just drive." I told him with my eyes still closed.

"I don't get your mood swings these days...it's like you're going through menopause or something..." He mumbled.

"Hey...I am not deaf, alright?" I told him as I hit him at the back of his head.

"Damn...why would you do that when I'm driving?" He started complaining again. "Maybe I should just go tell everything to dad."

"Go on...go tell him...and he won't even let you stay over at my place anymore."

"Wow...are you blackmailing with that?" 

"Taeyong, please...just take me home in peace, will you?" I told him tired of the childish fights. My head was already feeling heavy from the alcohol and Soojung just had to add to it too.