Chapter-5

Why did I end up falling for you?

"SOOJUNG! SOOJUNG!"

I heard someone calling me making me half awake from my deep sleep. Maybe it was just a dream, I thought and went back to sleep.

"Jung Soojung! You better wake up now." Someone said in my dream. But I wasn't planning on listening.

"JUNG SOOJUNG! WAKE UP YOUR LAZY RIGHT NOW!" The same person shouted and I felt my body being shook. 

That was when I realised I wasn't dreaming and I half opened my eyes to see Jessica standing in front of me with a very irritated face.

Why was she here? Shouldn't she be at work? 

"What's up?" I asked her nonchalantly while rubbing my eyes and trying to get up and sit. 

"I've been calling you so many times! Why won't you pick up?" 

I didn't understand why she was making such a scene in the morning. 

"Sorry, I left it on silent mode so that I can sleep peacefully." I told her as I grabbed my phone to check if anyone else called.

I was shocked to see endless messages and missed calls. Was the world going through some disasters while I was asleep? Why were so many people trying to contact me?

"What's going on?" I asked her finally concerned.

"Now you're worried." She said as she handed me some newspapers she brought with her. 

"What's this?" I asked her confused.

"Ever heard of "newspaper"?" She said sarcastically to which I just rolled my eyes.

"Read the front pages." She said being serious all over again.

I did as I was told. When I saw the headlines on the front pages, I was too shocked. This can't be happening.

"How did this happen?" I murmured.

"That's what I'd like to ask." Jessica said with her arms crossed.

The headlines on the newspapers read as

News Chaebol Couple Alert!

PIANIST ON SECRET DATE IN JAPAN!

There were also pictures of Jaejoong and me while we were in Japan. Pictures of while we were walking on the cherry blossom street while listening to music and even the picture of Jaejoong giving me a forehead kiss outside the hotel.

Just how did they even take this pictures? Where they following me everywhere? But why? I'm not some kpop stars with lots of fans that everyone follows. 

"How is this even possible?" I said still unable to accept what was happening.

"So you two are a thing now? You can't be denying what with the pictures and all now." Jessica said sounding a bit disappointed. "I can't believe I have to find this out through media."

She was right. The way we were photographed, it looked like we were really on a date even if we weren't and with the kissing, how am I to deny that?

Right, I have to think about my mom too. I lied to her about dating Jaejoong when I really didn't. If I deny the media report, then my mom would kill me. What if I tell her we broke up recently? Would she believe? Probably not since the pictures on the paper were so recent. I NEED TO TALK TO JAEJOONG!

"Unnie, I'm sorry but I need to get ready to leave." I told her as I jumped out of my bed. "You should go too. You're probably busy."

"But..."

"I'll tell you everything when I come back." I told her. 

She was unwilling to go but finally agreed to after she made me promise to tell her everything later.

I dialled Jaejoong's number as soon as Jessica left and asked to meet him at a cafe.

......

When I reached the cafe, I saw Jaejoong sitting there with headphones on without a care in the world while everyone else were looking at him and whispering to each other probably about today's headlines. 

As I walked towards him, people's stare shifted from Jaejoong to me. I had a cap on and even a mask but in this situation everyone would know it was me. 

"Can we go somewhere else?" I told him as I hurriedly sat down opposite to him.

"Why? Aren't you having coffee?" He asked very calmly.

I couldn't understand why he was so calm. Didn't he hear the news? Haven't he read the newspaper? 

"There's too many eyes here." I told him.

He looked around once and said, "Ah...the news! It's not like it was entirely false. Let them stare all they want."

"What do you mean? WE. ARE. NOT. DATING.AT.ALL." I told him clenching my teeth.

He got up without saying anything, grabbed my hand and took me out of the cafe. I could see people taking pictures with their phones capturing every moment. 

Great! This will be all over the internet now!

We decided to just sit in the car after driving around for a while. There wasn't any place without people around. 

"Just how do the celebrities deal with all the eyes around them? I can't even get through a day." I sighed.

"Says the celebrity herself." Jaejoong said and laughed.

I gave him a side eye and decided to just ignore it and get serious about this.

"Listen, what are we going to do about this?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He asked without a clue.

"We are not dating but people think we are. Shouldn't we say something too?"

"Is that such a big deal?" He said without a care.

"Uh..yes it is." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"And what? Tell our parents we lied to them?" 

"We could just say we broke up." I suggested.

"Yeah right...and we can go back to those blind dates." 

"Well, it doesn't feel right that I have to lie to my parents and even my sister. I think we should just end this before taking it too far." I told him.

He remained silent for a while as I waited for his answer. He started driving again in the silence and we were right in front of our house in some minutes. 

It was awkward with the silence. I was hoping he'd at least say something.

Finally he let out a sigh and said, "This could be the last time I'm driving you home."

"So, you mean..?"

"Yes, let's end it since that's what you want. It has been fun dating you, Soojung." He said as he patted on my head.

"Ok, Goodbye...It has been fun." I said with a smile.

He smiled back too and then he left. This is the end and I'll be back to my previous life going on blind dates. 

I let out a sigh and head inside the house. Everyone was waiting for me in the living room. My mom, dad, Jessica and Yoochun oppa too.

Everyone questioned me about how I'm gonna respond to the news. I told them I broke up with him not long ago and hearing that my mom was the most disappointed. Of course she was so happy when I told her the date went well and now it's all gone and she'll be back to searching for guys again.

Jessica followed me into my room. 

"Just how long have you been dating him without even me knowing?" She asked me.

"I never dated him." I told her the truth.

She was confused obviously. I explained to her how it was just an agreement to get ourselves out from those blind dates.

"But I think he likes you though...why else would he kiss you on the forehead?" She told me.

I laughed at her over imagination. 

"Girl, you're too naive. But don't tell me I never told you this later. That guy has a thing for you already." She said as she left my room.

She left me wondering if it could be true but then again my sister overthinks everything so I just decided to ignore it.