Best Day Ever

Single Parent Myoui
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tonight is 22 April 2018. It had been 3 months since Mina found her on the evening of 15 Febuary 2018. It was also Chaeyoung's birthday today. Over the course of these 3 months, Mina has grown pretty fond of Chaeyoung. She's been talking more with her, playing more with her, and even taking her out more. Mina has even started being more affectionate towards Chaeyoung, going as far as calling her 'baby' and kissing her forehead or cheeks sometimes. She still wouldn't say she loves Chaeyoung, but she's getting there. Even if Chaeyoung's a sensitive kid and cries a lot, Mina still likes her.

In her 3 months in school Chaeyoung's vocabulary has grown quite a bit. She could now speak in full setences, stopped talking in third person, but onlu somtimes. She has also started learning colours, numbers, and shapes. Though her pronunciation is still pretty bad. Her motor skills has grown too, unlike her height. Chaeyoung was still a tiny 4 year old.

Mina and Chaeyoung were laying in bed now about to go to sleep. As usual, Mina was cuddling Chaeyoung to sleep. Mina and Chaeyoung were talking about their week since Mina had been busy to talk or entertain her ward. They were mostly talking about Chaeyoung's week at school. Chaeyoung would always have many things to say about school and how nice and exciting it was, especially with all her friends and her 2 teachers, Nayeon and Jihyo.

"Mommy, what's a biwfday?" Chaeyoung asked, snuggling closer to Mina's arms

"Well, a birthday is the day you were born. You celebrate it once a year to celebrate you getting older" Mina explained

"When's my biwfday?" Chaeyoung asked

"It's tomorrow. Why do you ask?" Mina said

"Well, my friends at school have a biwfday, some of them are turning 2, I wanna turn 2 too!" Chaeyoung said

"Well Chaeyoung, you're actually 4 years old" Mina said

"WOAH!~ Dat's a lot" Chaeyoung said, only knowing how to count to 5 since she started learning numbers that week

"Anyway, we'll celebrate you're birthday tomorrow, go to sleep Chaengie. Goodnight" Mina said, turning off the lights

"Okay! Nightys Mommy" Chaaeyoung said, snuggling closer to her mother for warmth

The whole night, Chaeyoung was dreaming about what they were going to do for her birthday. Being a kid who hasn't done much, she imagined some pretty basic things. Chaeyoung imagined easting pancakes for breakfast, going out, maybe to a park and sitting on the swing. She also imagined maybe going to the mall and getting toys, all of those being spent with Mina. She was so excited that she woke up earlier than she usually did.

"MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY!!" Chaeyoung said

"What is it Chaengie" Mina groggily said, with a hint of irritation

"IT'S MY BIWFDAY!~" Chaeyoung squealed in excitement, not really fully understanding the significance of it.

"Happy Birthday Baby" Mina smiled, kissing Chaeyoung's forehead

Chaeyoung just sheepishly smiled before jumping off the bed, landing on her  and getting up and running into the bathroom to get ready. She eagerly brushed her teeth and came out. Mina just giggled at her ward and brushed her teeth as well. Once she got out she saw Chaeyoung bouncing outside the bathroom. They made eye contact and Chaeyoung smiled brightly before going down. Mina smiled, knowing that today was Chaeyoung's first birthday she would celebrate and was determined to make it memorable.

She went downstairs, already having planned everything for the day a week in advance. She saw Chaeyoung struggling, kicking her legs to get up the stool of the dining table. Mina went over and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter