Reunite

Single Parent Myoui
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been only a few minutes since Yonghyun and Ayeon took Chaeyoung away but Chaeyoung was already missing Mina. They were now in the car on the way to CPS headquaters, and Ayeon was trying her best to calm Chaeyoung down. Chaeyoung was crying like crazy, crying out for Mina. Ayeon had Chaeyoung on her lap, shaking her leg lightly, her hair, and trying to coo her to calm her down, but nothing was working. Chaeyoung was crying like she had just lost her world, which she basically did. Any efforts to calm the toddler was useless, and all Yonghyun and Ayeon could do was to bear with it.

"I WANT MOMMY!!~" Chaeyoung cried out

"You'll meet your Mommy soon okay? Just wait a while" Ayeon cooed

"N-NU!!~ I DON'T WANT MY W-WEAL MOMMY!!" Chaeyoung cried louder

"Chaeyoung, please quiten down. I'll let you see your Mommy in a while okay? I promise" Ayeon said

"O-okay, pwomise" Chaeyoung said

Due to the child protective services policy, she obviously lied to Chaeyoung, but she had to do it to stop Chaeyoung's crying. Ayeon felt bad lying to a child, but she needed to do her job. For the rest of the car trip, Chaeyoung sat quietly on Ayeon's lap and eventually falling sleep, growing tired from crying for almost an hour. When they reached their destination, Ayeon carried Chaeyoung to the temporary living quaters while Yonghyun went to call Chaeyoung's real parents.

Chaaeyoung woke up half an hour later from her nap alone in the room. She started whimpering and panicking, looking around the poorly furnished room for Mina. She felt like she was abandoned all over again back when she was abandoned 9 months ago. She was about to cry when she remembered that she was taken away from Mina. Once she remembered that, she really started crying. She missed Mina so much. It had only been a few hours, but it's felt like days for a 4 year old. Chaeyoung then remembered what Mina said to her one time.

"Since the penguin plushie is me, you can hug it whenever you miss Mommy"

Chaeyoung then immediately ran to her backpack and took out the penguin plushie. She then jumped back onto the bed and hugged it tight, rolling into a ball in the process.

"I weally miss you a lot Mommy" Chaeyoung said to the penguin. 

Even though the penguin couldn't respond, Chaeyoung knew what Mina would say and she knew that Mina missed her too. Just then, the door opened and Chaeyoung saw Yonghyun. When Chaeyoung first saw Yonghyun, she thought she looked m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter