Best Mommy

Single Parent Myoui
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Mina got out of the bus with Chaeyoung in hand, the 2 of them saw the entrance of the zoo. The 4 pillars that say "Seoul Zoo" with a tiger face beside it and a bunch of colourful silhouettes of animals stunned them. Despite Mina having been living in Korea for 2 years, this was her first time going to the zoo, obviosuly. It was also pretty apparent that this was Chaeyoung's first time as well. This was going to be a new experience for both of them, and Mina was willing to make it a good one for both of them. 

Mina looked around and saw that not many of the children were as excite as Chaeyoung, who was bouncing and tugging at her arm, whining to quickly go inside and see the animals. The other kids were just standing there looking bored, some of the more excited ones were being berated by their mothers and the rest just seemed to be excited but stood still in fear of getting scolded.

"You've never brought her here before have you?" One of the mothers said, causing the other parents to giggle.

"Alright, alright settle down moms. Miss. Myoui here workds extremely hard raising Chaeyoung. Seeing as she actually has the extra task of schooling ana taking care of Chaeyoung" Nayeon said, shutting the other parents up, earning silent a thank you from Mina.

"Oh yeah! at the end of the trip, there'll be a best parent and child award for the kid and parent that has collectivey has the most quetions and notes in their notebook" Nayeon added

"Alright, we're starting the trip now. We'll be taking the kids around the zoo. Make sure you keep them hydrated since it's pretty hot today. Keep them close to you so they don't get lost and make sure you guys of course, stay with the school" Jihyo said before signaling them to follow

As they started following, Mina took a deep breath before following. Chaeyoung didn't really understand why the other mommies were laughing at hers, but she wasn't happy about it. Her mommy was the best mommy no matter what. 

Their plan was to start off at the entrance of the zoo and start there and make their way back to the back. It was now 11am, they had till 4.30pm. They had around 5 hours with an hour lunch break in the middle, so around 4 hours. At each exhibit, the children were allowed to explore and do what they want and take down notes and questions and share their experiences and have their questions answered the next day.

Their first stop was the kangeroo exhibit. After, they went to the butterfly exhibit. It was in an indoor garden that was completely transparent. It was filled with a bunch of beautiful and brightly coloured flowers and even more colourful butterflies. This beautiful display of colours activated Chaeyoung's creative side and it got her extremely excited.

"It's so pwetty Mommy!" Chaeyoung whined

"I know Chaeyoungie. Come on, let's go and see" Mina smiled, letting Chaeyoung drag her

As they were admiring the flowers and butterflies, Mina and Chaeyoung were taking pictures with their shared camera. Mina took as many pictures as she could to keep these memories for herself to look back on when Chaeyoung grows up, and when Chaeyoung goes back to her parents. Chaeyoung took a bunch of pictures to try to draw them at home, as well as asking a bunch of questions and taking notes in her little tiger patterned notebook. As Mina and Chaeyoung were enjoying themselves and laughing, the other parents were silently watching their kids as their kids strictly took down notes, not taking the time to enjoy themselves. No pictures taken, no smiles, no nothing. Mina could feel the staresof the parents judging her, but she didn't care

As they passed by the other exhibits, Mina did small things to make Cheayoung's experience better such as lifting Chaeyoung up a little to reach the elephants trunk for her to touch, or letting Chaeyoung take photos. Throughout, Mina was taking photos of Chaeyoung, all of them turned out great. Like how a butterfly landed on Chaeyoung's finger, Chaeyoung petting the elephants nose, or Chaeyoung trying to imitate a tortise and even Chaeyoung yawning the same time a hippo opened its mouth. Mina would definitely print these pictures out and put them in a photo album.

It was not lunch time and Mina and Chaeyoung were sitting with the other parents and kids. Chaeyoung and Mina were sitting with Tzuyu and Dahyun and their parents. Tzuyu and Dahyun's parents were like the other parents, judgemental of Mina, but Mina chose to sit there so Chaeyoung could socialise with her frien

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter