The Monday After

Single Parent Myoui
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina woke up to the sound of her alarm. 7am. It was to get Chaeyoung ready for school. Mina expected the alarm to stop since Chaeyoung was always the one to turn it off, but it didn't turn off today. 

"Chaeyoungie, wake up it's time for school" Mina groaned

Silence

"Chaeyoungie?" Mina repeated

Mina fluttered her eyes open, the familiar warmth of the sun on her face, but the unfamiliar lack of warmth on her body. Mina looked down to see Chaeyoung wasn't there. Mina looked around her twin sized bed to find Chaeyoung gone. Mina furrowed her eyebrows for a second before realising that Chaeyong was taken away by child protective services yesterday morning. Mina's heart broke and her eyes teared up remembering the ordeals of yesterday morning. Mina quickly turned off her alarm and went back to sleep before her sleepiness wore off. She didn't want to experience the pain any longer than she wanted.

Mina woke up again later that day. She looked at the time, 12pm. She was going to be ;ate for her class, even if she rushed to school. Mina sighed in contempt, her finals were already over and her classes basically consisted of watching dance movies and videos. It was pointless going to school now. Mina texted her the classmate she was closes to to help take her notes if there was any academic content taught. She scrolled through more texts until she saw one from Jihyo.

From Jihyo:
Is Chaeyoung not coming to school today?

Mina saw the text and immediately got out of the messenger app, she didn't want to be have any reminder of Chaeyoung. Mina looked beside her when she saw the picture CHaeyoung drew again, laying on her bedside table. Mina took the picture, and took out a box from under her bed. The box contained all the draings that Chaeyoung has brawn over the past 3 months. Mina placed the drawing in the box and closed it. Mina placed her hand on the cover of the box, lightly tracing it with her fingers. Everything about the box screamed Chaeyoung. From it's contents, to how the box looked. It was decorated with drawings and stickers of tigers, penguins, flowers, suns, and poorly written words. Some of words on the box that stood out to Mina were "Chaeyoungie and Mommy forever", and "Chaeyoungie loves Mommy" in poorly written Japanese and in various colours.

Mina never really read what was Chaeyoung written on the box, but now that she has, she couldn't help but let a single tear drop fall on the box.

"I love you too Chaeyoungie" Mina sobbed, in response to the Japanese words written on the box

Mina realised how much of an impact she had on Chaeyoung. Mina had realised that with the time Chaeyoung has spent with her, Chaeyoung had since become more fluent in Japanese than Korean, she has since started writing Japanese more than in Korean. Chaeyoung has also since adopted some of Mina's quirks, like sleeping in more and having a Japanese accent despite herself be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter