Going Home

Single Parent Myoui
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina woke up on the couch the next morning. She looked around to see that she was still in the Sons house. She looked and saw that Chaeyoung was gone. She looked at the time and saw that it was 8am, Chaeyoung had already gone to school. Mina let out a sigh and went to pack her things. She then headed to the door but once she opened the door, she was met with the awkward gaze of Youngjae staring back at her. Mina gave a reassuring but sad smile before awkwardly bowing her head and trying to leave, but she was stopped by Youngjae.

"Mina wait" Youngjae called

"What is it?" Mina replied

"We're thinking about giving appealing the courts decision and we want Chaeyoung to be taken care of by you." Youngjae said

Mina parted her lips in shock. Did she hear that right? Mina was questioning if she was still sleeping that she was discreetly pinching the back of her hand. Mina had a thousand questions running through her mind in that moment. Why did they want to give Chaeyoung up again? They've just got Chaeyoung back for 3 months. Mina was even wondering if Youngjae was playing her. She was snapped out of her trance when Youngjae started speaking again.

"Mina, you okay?" Youngjae said concerned

"Huh? oh yeah. Uhm... Why do you want to give Chaeyoung up though?"

"Wendy will discuss it with you later when she comes back from work. Meet Wendy at dinner at 6 at the cafe?" Youngjae asked

"Sure, I'll see her later" Mina said as she started walking to her cab

On her way home, Mina was secretly fidgiting with her hands and shaking her leg rapidly, all in an attempt to let out her excitement discreetly. Chaeyoung was finally going to be her's again after 6 months of being away from her. She's missed her so much. Mina would probably have to wait another year or two before CHaeyoung is hers again due to the extremely long court appeal process.

Once Mina was home, she realised how tired she was. She had forgotten how tiring looking after a child can be, especially one that was as hyperactive and needy as Chaeyoung. Mina took a shower and immediately laid on her bed. She instinctively took the cub plushie and held it close to her heart while squealing and falling asleep soon after. Mina then woke up later that afternoon for lunch and proceeded with her day as she usually would.

On the other hand, after Seungwan got off work, she went over to the court of family affairs to try to appeal the courts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter