3 Months

Single Parent Myoui
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The 3 months that Chaeyoung will be spending with her biological parents are up. Mina should be happy, but she is anything but. Mina is growing increasingly nervous that Chaeyoung will end up with her family and not hers. To add up to that sadness, Mina didn't get to do so many things with Chaeyoung. She wanted Chaeyoung's first Halloween trick or treating, first Christmas party, and first New Year's celebration to be spent with her, but all that was taken away when Chaeyoung was taken by CPS. Mina hasn't even received a single phone call from the Sons about Chaeyoung, and all her texts have been left on read. She was growing increasingly worried, but there was nothing she could do.

Though some good things have stemmed from this absence. Mina has since been given time to recover from the absence of Chaeyoung in her life. Though she was unsure if Chaeyoung would be in good care, but there would be monthly checks about Chaeyoung's condition so Mina wasn't too concerned. Due to this time she has had, Mina has recovered from her depressed state and has since gotten back on her feet. By the time Chaeyoung went with her real parents, school break had already come and she no longer needed to attend school. Luckily her teacher didn't take any points off her GPA for missing a week since she had already finished her finals. Mina had also since gotten her social life back together and started going out with friends again.

Today, Mina's supposed to go to court for the final hearing of what will happen to Chaeyoung. She's currently with Nayeon and Jihyo to calm herself down before going.

"So... is the news still on you for interviews?" Nayeon asked

"No, CPS had a government order to request all stops to reports on the stories, so no stories are being published" Mina said

"What about the already published articles about this?" Jihyo asked

"They were never released since the information they had gathered were to small to publish" Mina replied

"So... people still think Chaeyoung's with you?" Nayeon asked

"Yea, people still think she's with me. I just tell them she's over at a baby sitter's...." Mina said, trailing off

"Alright, you don't have to talk about this if you don't have to. Let's go for lunch" Jihyo said, giving the biggest most genuine reassuring smile she could 

Mina was reassured by this gesture and decided to go for lunch. They were meeting with Momo, Sana and Jeongyeon for lunch before going. At the cafe that they were supposed to meet, they sat down and chatted for a bit.

"So... you ready for later?" Momo asked, receiving an elbow to the gut by Sana

"Ouch, don't do that. I'm gonna throw up all my food" Momo pouted

"Not really, I'm scared of the outcome" Mina said

"Everything will be fine" Jeongyeon said

"Yeah, and even if they get Chaeyoung, you'll still be able to see her since you have her parents' number" Sana said

Mina just let out a nod, but a sad, nervous nod. Soon after, it was time and they headed off to court. In court, Mina was sitting on the right side while Chaeyoung and her parents were sitting in the other. During the whole ordeal while Ayeon and Yonghyun were giving their accounts of Chaeyoung's time with her parents and with Mina herself, Chaeyoung was doing funny faces, hand signals and weird acts to try to communicate with Mina. Mina was just silently smiling and laughing at her, but before long, the verdict had been made.

"From hearing accounts of how Son Chaeyoung was cared for by both parties, I have come to a conclusion as to who should have custody of Son Chaeyoung" The judge said

"Though it can be argued that Son Chaeyoung was sorely mistreated by her biological parents, it was under the pre tense that the Sons did not have proper means to take c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter