Prologue: Abandoned

Single Parent Myoui
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung was laying on the mattress that laid on her floor. She was about to fall asleep when she heard whispers from the other room through these incredibly thin walls. She didn't know why she lived in a poor, tiny 2 room apartment in a rundown building in a near abandoned neighbourhood, but she was 3 and didn't care. What she did care about though, were her parents. She loved her parents and they loved her, but she would often find them fighting.

Chaeyoung was only 3 years old, but she was different from other 3 year olds. Chaeyoung was much smaller, she had poor looking clothes, she only had 1 meal a day as opposed to 3, and she had stopped going to school when she turned 2, only being taught by her parents who had no idea how to teach. Because of this, she could barely speak, count, or even walk. Her birthday was in 3 months yet she could barely do anything, she couldn't even recognise her parents voices.

Chaeyoung tried to go back to sleep, but the whispers kept her awake.

"We can't keep her" 

"What do you mean we can't keep her? She's our daughter, we can't abandon her" 

"We can barely keep this apartment"

"Just give us more time, we'll make the money to keep us afloat"

"We don't have time, it's either we go homeless, or we leave her"

"How can you say that? She's 3, we can't just leave her"

"How about this... we leave her with someone and we come back for her when we're okay"

"Who though? Who would want a 3 year old"

"Mommy? Daddy?" Chaeyoung said, crawling out of the room

Chaeyoung's parents immediately ran up to her and hugged her, praying to every god out there she couldn't understand what they were talking about. Chaeyoung's parents were in their early 20s, both of them struggling artists. They had Chaeyoung as an accident but they still loved her, though it was putting a huge financial strain on them as all children would. Their parents didn't support them either, they thought that their children were disgraces for being artists and having a child out of wedlock. They were already living cheque to cheque, but with Chaeyoung, they were barely living. They had come to a point where they were on the verge of becoming homeless. They either had to give up their home, or their daughter. 

"Wut no wite?" Chaeyoung asked

"All is okay Chaeyoungie, go back sle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter