002

TOXIC

+My Crush Is My Boyfriend+

 

He’s cute and tall. He got gorgeous eyes and also a very stunning smile. She didn’t need to say a name, but he already popped into her head. The boy that shakes her upside down and inside out, making Hwayoung life feel so blessed yet can be very messed.

 

They have been officially dating for like only 2 weeks but she felt like she’s now at the highest rank of happiness— which she already got from Sehun. He wasn’t a good boyfriend that she expected him to be, but by only hold into the fact that her crush are now her boyfriend, enough to give her reason to breath.

 

Being so in love makes her feel like she can accomplish anything that life throws at her. It doesn't matter if there are obstacles in life or if she can't always be that happy go lucky person she want to be, love makes she feel like all the bad in life is possible to overcome.

 

“Ahjumma, give me a bowl of ramyun” She smiles at the cafeteria lady. “Oh! Please make it less spicy”

 

“Sure girl!”

 

She can’t believe herself that everything was happened so fast. For last few years she was there, standing far from him just only to take a glimpse of Sehun from behind. But now she ordering a food at the school cafeteria, ready to bring it to her lover.

 

Falling in love is literally falling from your independence to let another control your life. It’s true. She had voluntarily let her boyfriend control her life but she didn’t mind that. She would do everything for him.

 

“Yah what takes you so long?” The voice on the other line has become her most favorite sound in the world.

 

She replied, as hurriedly making her way to the destination. “Almost there!”

 

Hwayoung immediately hung up and put her mobile phone inside her back pocket as soon as she saw him. Another hand full carrying the ramyun that he has ordered. Sehun were resting at the bench near school field, separated with his other friends that she saw at the cafeteria earlier.

 

Sehun is famous for his mood-swings, sometimes he will go around to have fun with s but sometimes he would choose to isolate himself to have his personal time. He was known as the most unfriendly person in EXO too, opposite from his closest friend, Baekhyun.

 

“Your food is here—“ She panted from running.

 

“My ramyun?” He asked. “Good! Thank you Hwayoung. You are the best!”

 

‘Did Sehun just said that I was the best? The best for him? Oh my God!’ Unknowingly she already blushed.

 

“Where are you going?” Sehun said as he saw she ready to leave the place.

 

“Hmm....leave?” Hwayoung confused. “I don’t want to disturb you”

 

“Just stay....at least till I finish my food”

 

He lower his head, started digging into his food. His friends were right, the girl in front of him is so pure and innocent. Sehun himself didn’t even believed that he made such a big decision by asking her to his girlfriend. He knew that this girl from the other class already had a major crush on him even since beginning.

 

At first he tried so bad to ignored her. It’s not that she making it so obvious by confessing her love directly to him, but no matter how much he play cool, his friends always come to him and about Hwayoung. That’s when he learned about her name, which class she enrolled and who she closed to.

 

Sehun didn’t found her interesting or annoying, it’s neutral. In fact he not even feel a bit uncomfortable knowing that she like him. He was relived that at least she wasn’t that obsessive like others. But the reason why he was the first one who make move and asked her to be his girlfriend, he not even sure why. Maybe he just want to play a little game with her.

 

“You didn’t eat?” He broke the silent.

 

She shook her head, “It’s okay I’m not hungry”

 

She flashed her bright smile to him. It happened that today she forgot to bring her wallet to school and she only left $3 with her, some cash that she slipped into her backpack in case for emergency. But she used it all when he suddenly text her to bring him his lunch. It was fine for her, she will be full by only seeing him eat properly. Nothing matter beside Sehun.

 

“I’m too handsome....I know that” His question caught her right away.

 

“Wh— what?” She asked.

 

“You’ve been staring me for awhile Hwayoung” He simply replied. “It’s okay to adore me that much. I don’t mind”

 

“Sehun, it just.....there is a leftover sauce on your lips”

 

Hwayoung words almost made Sehun choke. Now it’s time for him to blushing and his ears are turning red. She chuckled at her boyfriend gesture while slowly reaching her hand towards his face.

 

“Stop...don’t use your hand to wipe it on me. Its dirty you know” Sehun was quick to stop her movement.

 

He added, “Break is over. Come on. Ah! Don’t forgot to throw this into dustbin. You need to get used into this, I’m going to have you to buy my food from now on”

 

“Me? But why?”

 

“Because you are my girlfriend.....and you should listen to me”

 

His tone sound demanded. That is what he always used whenever they were together. She know how cold hearted her boyfriend is. On their way back to the school building, his hand still on hers, only to let go when there are other students. Meanwhile, Hwayoung could feel her heartbeat are getting out of normal from the skinship that they had just now. She will remember the feel of his hand.

 

+++

 

She don’t have any fancy story about how their relationship started. It was that one awkward move and the next thing she remembered, he was looking at her across the road. By that moment she have found this new disease— it’s called love. She know it is contagious because it’s Sehun who gave it to her.

 

Every single details that happened on that night could never be forgotten by her. It was the most beautiful moment in her life. She remembered how her ultimate crush come across the road before grabbing her by hand in front of their friends. She was too speechless and said nothing, only to follow his steps to the nearest park.

 

Sehun broke the silent of night by asking her name. She politely replied him, her head was fixed on the ground as she couldn’t hide her red face from getting too close to him. It was their first conversation and Hwayoung seems like drowning with his husky and deep voice.

 

“You were at the game right?” He asked.

 

“Ye— yeah. Was there to support my classmates”

 

“Is that so?” He added, “Because my friends clearly saw you screaming my name”

 

She was surprised at his words, “Maybe....they was wrong?”

 

“My friend can never be wrong” He interrupted before she able to explain more. “I love to hear girl screaming my name, if you know what I mean”

 

His smirk, no matter how much she like Sehun, she wish that at that moment she could just vanish the legendary smirk from his face. At the same time she wonder where this guy got that confident in him. Is this his way to lured girls? She will never able to understand him.

 

“So I heard that you like me....Really?”

 

Hwayoung almost had her eyeballs drop to the floor. She finally found out what her school mates said about Oh Sehun being a real jerk. Is that all the handsome guys always have this kind of confident in them?

 

But maybe this is her once in her lifetime chance. When she thought about it, she wouldn’t even loose anything if she just confessed to him. It’s not their friendship will be affected, they were not even close to consider as friend. Its either she will be rejected or maybe.....he accept her confession.

 

“Well that’s—“ Her words was frozen all of sudden. She sigh, “Alright you got me Sehun. Yes, I do have crush on you okay?”

 

“It’s not that bad to just admit it right?” He proudly said.

 

She stares into his eyes, “Just do it faster Sehun. Just say that you hate me and I’ll leave”

 

“I don’t hate you Hwayoung” He replied. “I’m not that bad okay?”

 

“Come on Sehun. I’ve heard how cruel you are when rejecting girls” She looks so disappointed at this point.

 

“Let me get to my point. You....” He pointed at her. “......not exactly my ideal type. But since you like me that much, how about be my girlfriend then?” He added.

 

She felt like the world has stopped for a minute, making everything in the background froze. She slapped her face few times to make sure it wasn’t a dream. Sehun, the boy that she had crush for years just asked if she could be his girlfriend. It was freaking Oh Sehun.

 

Hwayoung really hope that he’s being genuine because she can already tell that it wouldn’t be as simple as he said. He’s the kind of guy who will make her fall hard for and the thought of that terrifies her. She don’t really want to fall hard for anyone at all— especially someone who’s only making an effort because he thinks she’s easy. But she was so tempted by him. That dangerous guy.

 

“You what?!!!” Baekhyun the first one to snapped at him.

 

Chanyeol already shook his head in disbelief. “She’s your girlfriend?!”

 

“Relax guys. I’m just date her, it’s not a big deal” Sehun calmly replied.

 

“Of course it is! You just going to hurt her right?” Kyungsoo asked. His eyes are getting bigger than always.

 

Sehun look confused, “Who said that I will do that? I was serious when I asked her to be my girlfriend”

 

“You the one who make the first move?! So you love her, did you?” It’s Suho turns to spoke.

 

Sehun just smiles at s question. “Well, I didn’t said that either”

 

“Dude! What the hell then you need with her?” Kai frustrated with him already.

 

“Maybe......just to make my life a little bit interesting?” He shrugged.

 

+++

 

All his life Sehun never found what he couldn’t resist, what he couldn’t turn down. He could walk away from anyone he ever knew, but he can’t walk away from her. His mind was still figured out the best solution to his question— why did he choose her? His brain suddenly becomes illogical because of the new romance.

 

He was that kind of boy every girl would fall in love with, even if they didn't want to. It means that he could just get anyone he like, those who close to his ideal type, but he choose her. He didn’t even love her to a bit but something about her that has caught his eyes. He just couldn’t figured it out yet.

 

Somehow, he felt so bad towards her. So bad that she was destined to fall in love with a hopeless romantic like him. Someone who would never tell her that her eyes are like the stars at night and how her smile are so bright just like the sunshine. That’s the risk that she need to face, Sehun cannot give her such a things like that.

 

“Where are you?” His deep voice immediately give her energy.

 

“I’m sorry Sehun” She replied. “I forgot our plan. Give me 30 minutes I’m promised I’ll be there”

 

The other voice on line seems didn’t like with her suggestion. “Make it 15 minutes or I’ll leave!”

 

It’s Sunday and Hwayoung has promised Sehun to join him hiking at Bukhansan mountain. This is her first time trying this kind of activity yet she feel so excited. She thought that this will be a great impromptu date with her boyfriend. Her best friend told her if they still liked each other by the end of the hiking, then they could handle anything in their relationship. Maybe she just watch too many romantic drama.

 

While Hwayoung only dress up as simple as she can with her windbreaker set, Sehun looks so extra in her eyes. Even though he just wear a simple dark brown body-fit jersey with a black sweatpants and his Adidas cap. It’s not that she got the chance to see him in his casual clothes everyday, for her Sehun visual are just beyond those idols on the television. His existence itself are blessing for her eyes.

 

‘Is he really my boyfriend? This handsome guy is my boyfriend? This is crazy’ She thought.

 

By only looking at the lack of preparation that she made, Sehun knew that his so called girlfriend totally had zero experience in hiking. Her physical wasn’t that bad, she has a good body figure and probably fit enough to go up on the mountain. It just that her excitement worried him, she must be so happy to be able to join him and didn’t aware what awaits her later. Hiking is not an easy sport. Especially for the first timer like Hwayoung.

 

“Yah! Why are you so late?” Sehun hissed. He was leading in front.

 

“I’m tired Sehun” She lost a lot of her energy. “Can we have a break for awhile?”

 

“Stop with your excuses girl” He said without even looking at her. “Even a pig can climb it faster than you”

 

She was so pissed when he started to compare her with a pig. Like seriously Oh Sehun is the real jerk that she ever met. This is her first climbing. How could he just expect her to do that well when she literally had no experience unlike him. Forget about those romantic hiking moments, it will never be happen when she have a boyfriend like him.

 

It took him only 45 minutes to reach at the middle checkpoint, which is beyond ridiculous for her that almost took extra 20 minutes than him. Needless to say, she was a complete wreck during the entire hike. There is no such a thing as do it together when Sehun just left her after 30 minutes they started their adventure, leaving her panting alone along the journey.

 

Not to forget that Sehun the most gentleman person in the high school command her to do everything for him. The most gentleman— yeah remarks her sarcasm there.

 

“Hwayoung, please carry my backpack”

“Hold my bottle water”

“Be faster you lazy !”

“My grandma can even run up to the mountain”

 

“Wipe my sweats” Oh she like this one. Especially when she can be so close to him. She memorizing every single features in his face. How beautiful his eyes are, his on point nose and his lips; her favorite so far. She could feel her cheeks are turning red and suddenly it felt so hot that she might be explode at any moment.

 

How come someone that annoyed her that much still could give her effect like that? Min Hwayoung, wake up. You are crazy.

 

They finally reach the top of the mountain after an hour. The view.....it was magnificent. No wonder he willing to spend the morning just on hiking, indeed it worth the time. There is no other place to see the view of Seoul city, this is perfect. The air was so clean and fresh. It makes her forget the hard time that she got during the hike. It felt like a cure to her.

 

Sehun landed himself beside her, so close that it make her shifted a bit. He was lying on the ground with his arm to support his head. Hiking is one of his hobbies and usually he will come here with his friends, but today he thought that it might be fun if Hwayoung tagged along. He could just used her to carry his things and others. What is the function of girlfriend if she can’t do all that for him, right?

 

He look around her backpack, searching for something. “Did you bring the food that I told you before?”

 

“Yes! I  made sandwiches for us!” She proudly said.

 

“Feed me” Sehun said.

 

“What— what did you said?”

 

Hwayoung was surprised at his words. But then she started to feed him the sandwiches that she made before. That was the reason why she late. She put so much effort in his foods, only want to serve the best for him. She want Sehun to be happy, that’s enough for her. She was so excited in the process and got carried away.

 

It was a spur of the moment when suddenly Sehun grab her arm from behind making Hwayoung fell on her back on the ground, making her lying beside him. Sehun still keep on his poker face, as if nothing has happened but she already had her heart beats faster than ever. ‘This is amazing, thank you Sehun for being my boyfriend’ she thought.

 

They were on an adventure, together. That’s all she need right now— having someone to share her misery, to validate her doubts and laugh at every absurd situation. Maybe Sehun wasn’t the best boyfriend but she already grateful for that. He doesn’t love her, but it doesn’t matter as long she love him. That’s enough.

 

“Stop smiling in the air will you?” He interrupted her daydream. “We are going back now”

 

“Wait....no.....oh no” She started to panic when she saw how far they were from the ground. There is no way that she able to go down from the mountain with such heights.

 

“What the hell Hwayoung?” Sehun getting annoyed with her. “It is the same route we use when we climb up earlier”

 

She stutter, “I know but.....it was dawn before, I barely could see anything.....but now.....I can’t even look down”

 

“You are scared with height?” He sigh. “You are such a troublesome.....I shouldn’t even bring you here”

 

“I’m sorry. I just want to be with you” Tears started to form on her eyes.

 

“Don’t be that stupid will you? What now— you are crying?!” His voice are getting louder.

 

“I’m sorry Sehun”

 

“You are making me mad....you know what” He paused before added, “I don’t care.....you can keep crying here I’m going down”

 

If there was an award for tiest boyfriend ever to exist, he deserved it that day. Maybe it was her fault for not telling him about her height phobia, but he shouldn’t just burst at her and just leave her like that. She was sobbing with her arms hugging her knees. She hate that she look that weak in front of him. She hate that she couldn’t do anything, the fact that she was stranded on top of the mountain, alone.

 

Not long after that, her hope to have someone come and save her at the moment suddenly granted. Suddenly there was a person grab her arm and lifted her up to stand. Her cute tiny nose has turned red and her eyes are now puffy from too much crying. She really don’t want the person in front of her to see her in this condition. At least not when she was at the shabbiest state.

 

“Alright stop crying please” Sehun pull her into his embrace, shush her to stop crying.

 

“You came for me” Hwayoung still sobbing in his chest.

 

“Yeah I don’t want to be in the national news headline for leaving my girlfriend at the top of the mountain”

 

“Sehun....I’m scared to go down”

 

“It’s okay” He assures her. “Just hold my hand and don’t let it go okay?”

 

She asked, “Are you sure?”

 

“You talk too much Hwayoung. You want me to leave you again?” Sehun back at his cold tones.

 

“No— please don’t” She pleaded.

 

“Trust me. In case you feel scared, just squeeze my hand okay?”

 

“Thank you Oh Sehun” She stares into his eyes, hoping that he will feel the genuinely in her.

 

“Yeah— yeah whatever”

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Subscribe and comment!