021

TOXIC

+Together, Forever+

 

The next few weeks will never easy for them, much worse to Hwayoung herself. Exposing themselves as couple on public has drawn so many attention to her. She no longer can walk freely on the streets without people noticing her. The girl that said as EXO member, Oh Sehun girlfriend.

 

Thanks to local paparazzi who exposed them on their secret date; Hwayoung now can call herself a public figure. They have become a main headline for tabloids and digital media for days, as she was revealed not only as his girlfriend but also as his first love back in years ago.

 

Some of his fans, EXO-L especially rooting on their beloved idol on his relationship, saying that they are happy so see the smiles on Sehun face again after two years. That somehow she managed to bring back their cheerful-maknae. But reality check— not everyone pleased with the news.

 

Rose and his boyfriend suggested to her to sue the online commenters who said back about Hwayoung, as it obviously a cyber bullying. But she nicely refused to do so. Freedom of speech as she said— maybe Hwayoung were too nice with the Knetz.

 

“No! I hate when they treat you like that. You are not just anybody, you are my girlfriend Hwayoung. They should’ve at least respect you” Sehun said as he caught Hwayoung reading the malicious comments online.

 

“I know babe I know” She need to calm him down. Their press conference is about to start in less than 10 minutes and it wasn’t a good sign for him to in this state.

 

“I will get used to it Sehun. Don’t worry too much” She could have lied to him but he knows exactly what she felt. There is no one can do that to his girlfriend. “They just showing their love to you, don’t be like this okay?”

 

“It was my fault” He admit it.

 

“Sehun— No—“ She cut him off immediately.

 

He leans forward to close the gap between them. “It is. I dragged you into the whole mess. If only I wasn’t a coward and tell the world that only you mattered to me”

 

His head hanging low, “It hurt me when I remember that I was the one who broke your heart, destroyed the trust you built for our love, I gave you nothing but pain” Sehun sigh again. “I want to do it right with you, this time”

 

“We will” She smiles. “We’ll take it slow and build again our relationship. I won’t run away anymore, I will stay with you”

 

It was his idea to make a press conference, or most likely his decision after discussion with his agency management to cleared out the rumours. All his life, Sehun could never be more grateful than he is as for now to have his brothers, his own band member behind him back for their support.

 

He was about to loose again; as his agency refused to agree with him to announce his relationship publicly to the media. But his main supporters, all the members in EXO has a different thought on it. They have come to the management and deemed for them to give the freedom to Sehun to decide for himself.

 

As in EXO themselves, they absolutely have no issue as they believe that having a romantic relationship definitely will not affecting their group. If their fans are bound to leave them— it is their loss for not staying and supporting them with the decision.

 

Idols are human too. They have right to say what they want, do what they need and date who they love. This is not a illegal world where commit a relationship (especially to non-idol) is a sin, we all deserves the equality to get love and the freedom to express it to the world.

 

“Hello everyone, this is Oh Sehun and this is my girlfriend, Min Hwayoung” His bold greetings is so confident, bring out his charming side.

 

It went well for the first 40 minutes, with Sehun and representative from SM Entertainment giving out their statement explaining the whole situation to the press who invited to the private session. Once in awhile, they let Hwayoung speaks but because of her nervousness, she barely lasted more than 2 minutes speech.

 

The session got heated when Sehun revealed that they used to break up previously. He also did not forget to say sorry to his fans, lying about his relationship status when he just debuted back in years ago. Sehun already aware that his statement might cause people to spread rumours that his action is due to the agency rules about dating ban for the group.

 

They can speculate anything about him— he already immune to it. Not a surprise as they did labelled him into names when he caught in his ual harassment previously (kudos to SM Entertainment as they made legal action to sue the malicious commenters). But when they started to pick a point; a bad one directly to his girlfriend, Sehun face changes.

 

“Is it true that the reason you picked Min Hwayoung-ssi as your lawyer is solely because of your relationship with her? Not based on professionalism?” One of the reporter shoot him with question.

 

“That is accusation and absolutely not true” SM Entertainment representative quick to respond on that. “We recruit her based on her performance. Not because of her past relationship with Sehun as we also had no idea that they two are related”

 

“How can you verify that? Or is this just a tactic from your agency” Another reporter add in.

 

Sehun grab the mic and hold her hand on the other side. He squeezed Hwayoung hand to calm her down. “I’m not only speaking as her boyfriend but also her client. Min Hwayoung-ssi is great lawyer recognise by the industry itself for her excellent work”

 

“I will not hesitate to take a further action to those who spread false rumours regarding us, especially about Min Hwayoung-ssi. I assume that we have done with all explanation and I beg for everyone to respect our privacy”

 

With that, he stormed off the hall with his hand holding tight with his love. This is his second chance and Sehun will do anything to protect Hwayoung.

 

Women— the stereotype is people accuse us of falling in love easily. But the truth is it just means that we able to see the beauty in most of the people who cross paths with us, despite of situations, and we appreciate it for what it is and also for what it isn't.

 

Human is imperfect. So as love. We tend to forgive our past and eventually bringing back the feelings that once floating. He do have flaws, but falling for someone flaws is just as necessary as falling for their strengths. It will complement each other.

 

Sehun did hurt her previously. It is his biggest flow. But he learned his mistaked and being someone that she used to know again, even in better version— and that exactly the reason she falling in love with him again. His unchanging soul, the kind hearted boyfriend that she always love.

 

He didn’t say anything when the session ended, probably still mad with the rude reporter earlier. With no words exchange and his seriousness, Hwayoung stopped in the midway and pull of her hand from his grip.

 

“How are you feeling, Sehun?” She prompt him with question.

 

Nothing could calm him better than his other half. She always knew what he felt and always be there for him. Sehun sigh while lifting his head slowly, eyes never leaving Hwayoung. “In love again with you”

 

“Thank you so much, for protect me just now” She appreciated him by leaving a kiss on his cheek.

 

“You mean so much to me, you know right?” He should’ve not asking the same thing again when the answer is obvious.

 

“I know and I feel the same too” She assured him again.

 

+++

 

It could be one of the busiest day for Hwayoung— well being a wedding planner slash best friend of the groom can be very exciting, yet very tiring. The day that Hanbin and his wife to be (which one of her friend too) decided that they wanted her to be their wedding planner; it has been the starter of Hwayoung mess.

 

To trust a lawyer, let alone inexperienced person to plan the whole wedding, is one of a big risk that they took. As Hanbin believe that Hwayoung can help him to fulfill his fiancée dream (Rose did mentioned to her that her brother said that Hwayoung have a potential) to have a magical wedding, she had to take the responsibility and do very, very well. Hwayoung can do it; she just need to be more confident in herself.

 

She had everything planned for months and for the last preparation, she doubled her efforts to make sure everything going as her plan. Rose didn’t lie when she said that Hwayoung will be more busy than her; she is. Too busy that she had to spent less time with her boyfriend; Sehun still pissed off with her because of that.

 

On the day of Hanbin wedding, once again he neglect him by asking Sehun to go to the venue on his own, as she have few errands to do last minute and tell him that she will meet him there. Only past 10.30am when all ready that she finally can find her sulking boyfriend to give him all her attention.

 

Walking down the stairs with her 4 and 1/2 inch of Jimmy Choo heels, she immediately noticed Sehun at the corner of the hall.

 

“Hello Mr Oh” She tapped his shoulder and .

 

He sigh and turns around. Sehun still in his sulking-mood strikes and definitely won’t let her pass just like that. “Sorry miss, are you talking to me?”

 

Yes, two can play the games.

 

“Sehun.....” She linked her arm affectionately, with a hope that she can be forgiven. “I’m so sorry that I kind of...forget you?” Hwayoung ended it with a whisper, afraid that he will get mad again.

 

“Okay sweetheart” He muttered it sweetly.

 

“You— you not mad at me?” Sehun swear than her cuteness can cure everything.

 

“Should I get mad on you now Hwayoung?” She shakes her head cutely while tugging on his suit sleeve. How come Sehun can win with her. He will never be.

 

“Sehun, you have been staring at me” Her cheeks has gone red, too much blushing cause by her own boyfriend.

 

“I am” Sehun reach out to hold her hand. “You are so beautiful and I’m not going to stop admiring you”

 

“Ah just shut up, Sehun!” She elbowed him due to her embarrassment.

 

It is a lovely wedding. While Rose having her own time pouring out her tears as to witness her beloved brother tied to the love of his life, Hwayoung in a corner of the grand hall feeling so proud to be able to accomplish the task that Hanbin assigned to her as the wedding planner. A very magical wedding.

 

One wedding passed and soon it will be Rose and her fiancé, Jackson turns for their wedding. Being in the same age with her best friend, she did not excluded with the epitome of ‘when is your turn’ question by her relatives and friends. Hwayoung just smiles awkwardly, not really know the exact answer.

 

“Hanbin and his wife...they are lovely isn’t it?” She leaned her head on Sehun chest, enjoying her sweet times in slow dance.

 

“They are so in love” Sehun also enjoyed the romantic time with her girlfriend in his arms. “I was so stupid when I doubt that he still have a feeling towards you”

 

Hwayoung chuckles. She still remember the time that Hanbin and Sehun finally met after two years. It full of awkwardness, one of Hanbin do have his part of ‘I’m still mad at you of what you are doing to my best friend’ and Sehun in his ‘should I feel guilty of be jealous with him’ moments.

 

“But then I’m glad he now married” There is still a jealousy tone in his words. “I want to do the same too”

 

Confused, she ask him further. “Do..what?”

 

“This. Getting married to the love of his life”

 

“You must be kidding me, dude” She hit him playfully, as she thought that he was joking.

 

His expression became serious, and his hand almost slipped from hers. "I've had a long time to think about it."

 

"Think about— about what?" At this rate, she can predict what he is going to say.

 

Hwayoung definitely not ready with his answer. “Our relationship, we should take it to the next level, don’t we?”

 

“Sehun— I—“

 

He looked down then jerked his head up in seriousness as his finger tightened on hers. "I'm not asking you to marry me now. I just..."

 

Hwayoung heart pounded and Sehun stepped closer, so close that the scent of his strong cologne enveloped her.

 

"I like the day when walking into a room and seeing your face light up when you see me” Sehun said earnestly, the light in the hall making his hair glow. "I like when we would tell about our day while cuddle with each other till one of sleep"

 

caught as the conversation getting serious. This wasn't going to happen soon, but something in her was telling her that Sehun were right. This could be the time, the time for them to plan the next stage of their relationship.

 

He touched her hair and she twitched as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “I want to wake up beside you, kiss you in every morning. I want a chance to grow older with you”

 

+++

 

If Sehun could screams out of his lungs, he will do that and tell the world how happy he is at this moment. Unfortunately they he is now sharing a room with Baekhyun, who now sleeping soundly with a snores coming out from him.

 

Sehun doesn’t want to take a risk. Firstly, he will get a good beat from Baekhyun for waking him up in a good sleep (he only able to go to bed at 4am when he finally beat Sehun in overwatch game last night). Secondly, they now in the middle floor or 5 starts hotel in Dubai, for their concert tour.  EXO had enough of reputation for being loud; he wish that Suho didn’t have to cover up again for them to management.

 

After playing the game with his roomate last night, he sneak some times make an international call to her girlfriend (who currently out to have a shopping session with her best friend). Sehun couldn’t go through his day without listening to Hwayoung voice, he didn’t mind to wait until midnight just to call her. Blame it on timezone that he have to stayed up.

 

Nothing serious conversation, just mostly Sehun whining that he missed her so much and Hwayoung telling him to rest early as he have the concert the next day.  As he stared into her beautiful face, out of nowhere suddenly Sehun ask her if she could move out and stay with him. He did agreed with her to take it slowly, but he eager to have Hwayoung stay with him when he get back in Seoul later.

 

He went to sleep anxiously, as she said that she will give him the answer in the morning later. So when his phone ring up and the message notification pop up, Sehun immediately check out his phone. As Hwayong name pop up, he’s getting more nervous.

 

 

From: My Love, Hwayoung

 

I would love to move in with you :)

 

 

“YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!” He accidentally let out the scream when he read it again.

 

“Shut up Sehun!” And of course, he got hit by Baekhyun pillow.

 

The concert went well and the fans were enjoyed it. The boys were so energetic and perform in a good mood. Especially Sehun. It might sound childish that he was so overjoyed on a small thing; some people thinks that living together is a not really a big deal. But for Sehun, it could be his joy. Hwayoung have gotten comfortable again with him, this could never be better.

 

He didn’t pissed when the stylist make his hair not according to his preference and not making noise when the staff giving him Kai microphone instead of him when they are on their rehearsal. This is so not Sehun and the members noticed it.

 

“Did you win lottery today?” Chen ask him as the maknae did not stop smiling from earlier.

 

“Ah...earlier there is random local guy give him free gold” Chanyeol add in. They never be serious with each other.

 

“Wait what?!” Kyungsoo eyes widened.

 

Sehun pace palmed. “Yah Chanyeol!”

 

He stuck his tongue out to Kyungsoo who obviously got fooled by him. “We are in Dubai guys, it is not impossible”

 

“Stop it, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo-ah” Minseok had to shout as the other two members has been chasing each other in the venue.

 

“Stop running and get ready guys. We will start in 10 minutes” It only stopped when Suho take over. Well, leader do have power.

 

“Oh anyway Sehun,” He stopped Sehun by grabbing his wrist. “We have present for you”

 

He was so confused with his leader words, not until Suho back off a bit and let the surprise come out. He squeezed his eyes as he couldn’t see the person properly, only to squeal in excitement when he see the familiar face.

 

“Hwayoung!” Sehun don’t have to wait before he run up to her and hug her tightly. “Why you didn’t tell me you are coming to here?”

 

“Surprise!” As she cupped his face. “I missed you and the boys. So I came”

 

“Excuse me, you only allowed to miss me!” He pouted cutely.

 

She pinch him on his arm for being silly, and usher him to go on stage as their manager call them out from the dressing room.

 

“We will discuss about this later. Now—“ He want to kiss her for goodluck, but s already lined up and make their gross face to stop the youngest member.

 

“Goodluck baby Sehun!” As she waves him, sending him off to the stage.

 

“It such a great night, I can’t believe that you guys were still here to stay with be and be my wings” The concerAt this point, it will not be surprised anymore if he let out his tears.

 

“And of course beside all of members and EXO-L today, I would like to express my gratitude to the one and only—“ There is no need to name her personally, everyone in the concert venue knew his answer.

 

“Min Hwayoung” They cheered in unison. That will be one of the memorable night for him, when his fans being so happy and support his relationship with his love one.

 

“This will be sound so cheesy but I really want to speak it out tonight. In my life, apart from my family, my members and my fans, there’s always someone that I cherish for”

 

Sehun start his speech and become emotional.

 

“All my life, I have kept my heart for someone special. And just when I got tired that such do not exist, she came in a beautifully with her amazing style and suddenly it makes me wonder, why wouldn’t I meet you earlier?”

 

“You have loved me beyond my reasoning. You have cared for me beyond my desire. You loving me is the feeling that give me endless happiness which will forever justify my feelings towards you. I never thought true love still exists until I met you, my love”

 

Hwayoung looked at him under the light of the stage with so much emotion. She had never been more at a loss to make her hide feelings like this. It was necessary to happy, when someone dedicate everything for her. But she didn’t mind to let out the tears as it is tears of happiness.

 

As she looked around and noticed that they were touched by his words, nodding to her as a sign that they will support them— it just so overwhelming. Kindness and love, they are a secret. But she have learned that kindness and love can pay for her past pain and suffering.

 

There is her boyfriend, and her friends, the fans, and these people who welcomed her, and the support who is so eager to see they happy together in this huge stadium— it just so beautiful.

 

He then wrapped up with, “Anyone can go ahead and define love, but to me, love is you. Why? Because you give me your all and that is everything. And if you ask me how much I’ll pay for you loving me, I’ll simply say, I owe you the whole world”

 

“Whenever the thought of tomorrow comes, you being there is more than enough to make me pass through its challenges. We all afraid of future; life is nothing without it love is nothing if we have no one to share it with. I’m so glad I have you to share mine with. Together, forever”

 

She didn’t wait long when the boys ended their concert to go the backstage. With puffy eyes and red nose, Hwayoung run across the hall to get Sehun back in her arms.

 

“Sehun” She called out as she noticed her coming out from the dresser room.

 

“Yes baby” His expression changed when he saw her state. “What’s wrong with you? Are you okay?”

 

Still panting, she called out his name again, ”Sehun—“

 

“I love you so much Min Hwayoung” As if their soul is connected, there is no need words to be exchanged.

 

“I’m so in love with you Sehun” She tiptoe to kiss him. “ what I have said previously”

 

“Oh Sehun, let’s get married” 

 

“Kiss me baby, kiss me to the oblivion” It's the kind of kiss that inspires stars to climb into the sky and light up the world.

 

He reached up and took a curl of her hair between his fingers. He come closer again, close enough that she could feel the warmth of his body, smell his cologne and skin and hair. “You are mine forever, Mrs Oh” he said, letting her hair slip through his fingers. This is the part where she kiss him back.

 

 

“Forever, together”

 

 

 

 

THE END

 

 

 

A/N: After so long, It’s finally completed! Epilogue, Prologue and bonus chapter(s) will be coming shortly!


Please comment, votes, comment, votes, comment below!

Stay tune for their wedding. I won’t left you

hanging, don’t worry ;)