009

TOXIC

+Girl Problems+

 

It’s been few moments, 20 minutes to be exact that made Sehun lock his eyes on the mobile phone groaned and so frustrated. He waited for the person he text to reply the message but there is still no answer. He was getting impatient for the wait and being the dramatic boyfriend he is, he started to think for the worst scenario.

 

Sehun started to think that his girlfriend didn’t want to talk to him again, or probably think that he wasn’t that important in her life and started to abandon him. But for sure he believed that Hwayoung just wanted to play some mind game with him. They weren’t even having a fight or what, but she suddenly didn’t reply to him. Which is very rare. 

 

Almost running out of his patient, he quickly pick up the phone and dial her number.

 

“Hello Hwayong” He sounded calm. Actually he just act like that because he doesn’t want his girlfriend to think that he was so desperate to get her in line. “Why you didn’t reply to my texts?” 

 

“I’m not in a good mood Sehun. I don’t even check your messages” She lazily said that. 

 

“How about coming to my house? I need your help to finish up my school project....please” Sehun always have this soothing voice. And with a pleads on his sentence like this, anyone can just melting right away. 

 

“I don’t want to go out” Hwayoung literally had no energy in her voice. 

 

Sehun sigh. He started to force his brain to come out with the best solution. “Come on baby.....I really want you to be here. We can cuddles too!” 

 

The offer was so tempted that it make Hwayoung to think twice before decline it. Who doesn’t want to cuddle with boyfriend on a perfect Saturday, under a warm comforter and being wrapped with his strong arms? But no matter how much she wanted to do that but she just really don’t feel like going out that day. 

 

For the whole day she has been rolling her body side to side of her bed, curling in position trying to get comfortable to rest. But she just can’t do anything. It’s time of the month where she will get her period and usually the cramp that will make her suffer like that. That was the reason why she ignored Sehun text message. The pain  is just so unbearable. 

 

Her peacefully nap session was broken due to sound of the door banging. She groaned to the disturbing sound and slowly open her eyes to the light that come through the curtains. With a heavy steps and both hand holding her waist, she kick off her blanket and went to the main door immediately. 

 

She was getting more annoyed when the sound didn’t stop for awhile. Whoever that is, she swear that the person behind the door is such an impatient person who couldn’t even wait even for a few moments. She stumbles to the door and yell from inside, “Yes I’m coming right now”

 

Slowly open the door as a precaution in case for her own safety, her eyes stop scanning when she saw a figure in front of her house. Sehun was there with his black fitted t-shirt, acid wash jeans with his favorite Adidas bag pack and navy baseball cap on his head. He look so casual and yet very handsome. It only then she realized that it was her boyfriend coming to her house. 

 

“You ignore me for the whole day Hwayoung” He said with a stern look on his face. “As your boyfriend, I need your attention on me” 

 

“What with the drama?” She rolled her eyes. Oops. She already got her mood swings.

 

“Aren’t you suppose to say ‘hey i miss you my boyfriend’ kind of things right now?” He throw a jokes at her but too bad she didn’t find it funny. Lol Sehun.

 

She didn’t say anything more but just invite him to go inside the house. “You can do whatever you want in this house. I’ll be in my room” 

 

“Wait, wait sweetie” He put his bag pack away and trails her from behind. He hold her wrist to stop her movement, “You don’t really look good. What’s wrong?” 

 

“I’m having a cramp. PMS. Girl problems” Her replied was short and she quickly jumped on her bed to rest again. 

 

Sehun just nodded indicating his understanding for her brief explanation. No wonder she have a mood swing— he thought. He knew every girl will have to go through into this every month and he didn’t plan to ask further, knowing that she probably still in pain. 

 

He just walk around the house back and forth then went inside her room again, feel bored due to the lack of attention from his girlfriend. He sat on edge of her queen bed, playing with his fingers. Looking for the interior design of his girl bedroom, his eyes stopped at the sight of her study table. 

 

Sehun furrowed his brows and took the banana milk bottle that has been there for months. “What is this?” He read the small notes that she stick there. “.....’My crush got this for me. Thank you Oh Sehun’.....”

 

He burst into laughter immediately when he got the meaning behind it. Hwayoung who was so embarrassed quickly grab that bottle from him and hide it behind her back. She hit him in his chest for several times before he able to stop laughing at her. 

 

“Are trying to making a fermented milk or making a breed of bacteria?” He added. “Just throw this away. I will buy a lot for you. Ah! Should I sign on the bottle too?” 

 

“Stop it Sehun. It wasn’t that funny anymore!” She almost crying. “It was so stupid I swear” 

 

“Now that I remembered that. There was a little girl who didn’t reach the shelf of the freezer and I had to help her to get her favorite banana milk” He still laughing and about the incident. He came closer and whisper into her ear, “You’re just a little girl back then. But now........you’re my baby girl” 

 

“You’re so mean Sehun” She pinched him in his belly and went to her bedside to grab a purse. She was about to leave the room but he stopped her right away. Afraid that she get upset from his tease, he quickly apologize. But truthfully she just wanted to go the convenient store to get her some sanitary pads. 

 

“Let me go for you” Sehun said. “Just send me a photo of the brand that you use and I’ll come back soon” 

 

“But— boys usually will be embarrassed to buy.....you know this ‘girl stuff’” She feel guilty for making him go to buy that for her. This is going to be awkward for him too.

 

He looked at her perplexed. “You mean whether I would care more about what the girl at the checkout counter would think as opposed to help my girlfriend? Well, I’m not that kind of boy sweetheart”

 

That would be the sweetest thing that he ever done for her. Her girlfriend was at home wrapped up around the pain during the first day of her period, and running out of pads. If Sehun hadn't stepped up to help, then who else? He will gladly to help without any doubt. For him, that there is no shame in it. It shows maturity and that he care about his girl.

 

+++

 

He didn’t comeback with an empty hand beside getting her sanitary pads but also complete with a PMS girl package— various flavors of chocolate, sweets and even ice cream. Sehun had a hard times in front of the ice cream container when choosing the flavor that she will like. It was a battle between strawberry or vanilla flavor but as always he will end up bought both. 

 

They both sat on the floor in front of the television, with both back leaned on the couch. Hwayoung had lost herself the moment he passed her all the ice cream. She just took it and not even bother to offer her boyfriend to eat together. He just smile looking at her. She may usually be a rational and easygoing person but when she is on her period, she just not respond with the same casualness as on a regular day.

 

Girls tend to feel like bloated and exhausted during our periods. We will have mood swings, unending food craving and sometimes we also need excessive attention from our boyfriend. That’s what exactly she have been doing for the whole day. Just casually sneak up between his arm and lay her head on his chest. 

 

She just wanted to be as close as she can. Sehun didn’t mind that. In fact he just wanted to be compassionate towards her feelings. Because he knew that this state is temporary and she’s going to be back to her great self in a few days. 

 

“Actually, I came here to get your help for my school project work.....not to get cuddles like this Hwayoung” 

 

“I have done half of my project. You can copy mine since we have the same task” She said while playing with her belly. The pain just comes back. It’s not that exaggerate to said that period pain hurt so freaking much. It was. 

 

He look into his side with concern on his eyes. Hwayoung curls her body to endure the pain. “Is it that hurt?” She just nodded to his question. Sehun then get up and take the ointment from her drawer. 

 

He didn’t said much but just bend slightly before put his hand under her body to scoop her up into his hold. She secure her body with her hand on his neck, burying her face into Sehun shoulder. Slowly, he then sit on the couch with his girlfriend on his lap. 

 

Her eyebrows was furrowed to the drilling and squeezing sensation on her tummy. Automatically shuts her eyes off when when she felt the pain. Sehun tried to distract her by talking to her or even hug her but it seems like not working. Trying on his luck, he took the ointment on the coffee table and start to apply it on his free hand. One hand occupied by holding her. 

 

Slowly and carefully he slipped his hand under the shirt that she wore, starting to rub into the area. The lower part of her belly and just slightly above of her private area, where she hurt most. Hwayoung gulp due to the foreign sensation. Surprised with the touch from his big hand, she quickly hold his wrist from going anywhere. 

 

“Don’t do anything funny Sehun” She looking at him nervously. Afraid that he would cross his limit. “I’m on my period”

 

“I know baby. I just wanted to ease your pain. I’m not going to do anything that you don’t like” He assures her. “Do you want me to stop massaging you?” 

 

She shake her head immediately. No ual intentions, she just want him to continue because it really help to ease her pain. It make her feel better and calm. The way he rub into her belly was just perfectly fine. With a slower pace, it distract her pain entirely and without she even know, it make her sleep right away. 

 

The rest of the day only to witness how lonely Sehun was in her apartment while finishing up his school project. He didn’t have a plan to complete it by himself, with his real intention to just make his girlfriend do for him but too bad she wasn’t capable to do so. At the end of it, Sehun was the one who complete their school project work. He even help to do it for her task. With a help from Google and answer that he force Kyungsoo to give him, he finally done with the assignment. 

 

People were right. It really make a week feels like a year when in relationship. A three minute staring into his girlfriend face might as well be as looking at a beautiful ocean. He using his time just to admire her beauty and the calmness on her face when she sleep. She just look so calm as if she never get into problem. He have to admit too that every time he look into Hwayoung, he felt like there is an energy tell him that everything is going to be okay. 

 

She was awake when Sehun jumped into to the small couch and cramped himself to laying beside her. They are so close that she can feel his breath on her face. His hand then glides down her arm, folds over her hand. Their fingers lace together and he did palms kissing. Hwayoung couldn’t help but to feel the fast thud of her own heart through his single touch. She just thought; could she hold his hands for a moment and have his heart forever?

 

“You must be feeling lonely right?” He suddenly asked her. “You know by staying alone in this apartment” 

 

“I do feel that sometimes” She lowered her gaze down to his chest, avoiding his direct stares. “But I don’t have any other choice”

 

He was right about that. There will be a time that make Hwayoung feel so lonely in the house alone. Having her family stay so far away in Australia and leaving her to finish her high school alone, it wasn’t that easy. Sometimes she will wake up due to the sudden thunder storm and she need to hug her knees for self calming. 

 

And the situation where she sick, just like this, when she feel so helpless and just need a comfort and company. That is why she feel so glad that she have Sehun now. Even it wasn’t that much, but it really help to fill the emptiness that she felt before. 

 

“I couldn’t promise you anything much but....” He then added, “You can always come to me in any time Hwayoung. I’m your boyfriend, you can count on me”

 

She’s getting soft towards him. “Really Sehun? But I’m afraid that I would annoy you” 

 

“You will, eventually” He chuckled. “But I would just let it pass for few times. So make sure that you will use it wisely” 

 

Hwayoung always wonder this, did anyone just going to stares into his beautiful face and admire it again and again? Because she literally did every single time. She leaned forward to close the proximity. Her cheeks flushed but her voice was steady as she asked. 

 

“Sehun, what would you do if I kissed you right now?" He just stared at her beautiful face and her plump lips and he knew that he wanted nothing more than to taste it. Without further waiting, he confidently answered, “I would definitely kiss you back” And he didn’t have to wait any longer for that.

 

+++

 

It is the power of Hwayoung that make Sehun to stay for one more day at her apartment. Not only that, she managed to make him Netflix and chill with her, drama marathon till late night and she even make Sehun sing a lullaby for her before she went to sleep. It only make she realized that no matter how much she adore him, her boyfriend really didn’t have a good vocal with him. Maybe he can just try dancing. 

 

They stopped by Sehun apartment to get his change into new clothes before going out for lunch. He insisted to just have a take away because he way too lazy to go out. But when his girlfriend starting to pout and distance herself from him, that’s when he knew that he just lost to his cranky-on-PMS girlfriend. Thankfully it is once in a month only. 

 

“Sehun”

“Sehun”

“Sehun”

 

He finally can relate with what she felt when he used to order her so many things during their first month of relationship. It can be so annoying to hear that she ask him to do this and that. He almost lost his patient too. But when he saw her tiny face, he just couldn’t leave her there. 

 

It make him amazed too on how she could just bear with him. He even worst than this. Sehun used to make her do almost everything for him and she never complained even once. But keep doing it willingly and put all her efforts into it. Sehun just thought that this is the reason why it so hard to let her go. He couldn’t bear to lost a precious girl like Hwayoung.

 

Later they went to the local restaurant to get their lunch. She said that she wanted to treat him for a feast and she actually did it. Sehun was quite surprised with the amount of dishes that she ordered. It almost make up to four servings. 

 

“Wow baby elephant, slow down” He warned her when she keep stuffing so many foods into non-stop. “Are you that hungry?” 

 

She glared him for a second. “Are you complaining?” Then continue back on what she did. “You don’t understand how hungry when girl got her period” 

 

“Alright fine I got that” He sigh. Sehun then move closer beside her and gather all her hair into a hold, remove all the remaining hair from her face that distract her from eating. She didn’t need a hairband when Sehun was there for her. 

 

It could be one of the most wonderful day for Hwayoung. She couldn’t hide her happiness that she got from Sehun. She can’t actually believe it that her boyfriend just treated her like a queen for these two days. It’s been amazing with him and she believe that it will always be. 

 

The banana milk that he bought for her just now surely already become her favorite, but all this sweet boyfriend play by Sehun is what she love most. It such a rare moment to have her boyfriend like this, evolving into a perfect ideal type that she always dream.

 

Getting off from the stairs of the convenient store, he then held her hand swinging back and forth. “What else you want to eat today?” 

 

“I’m actually thinking about—“ She stopped when suddenly she got a call from her classmate, Daniel. 

 

They are supposed to walk around longer and go for food hunting as what she have planned but all they way on their walk, she have been constantly talking on her phone nonstop. By knowing that the caller was his rival already make Sehun lost interest and getting furious. 

 

He keep walking beside her but she keep talking to Daniel without even looking at her boyfriend that obviously annoyed with the conversation. Most of the walk he just rolled his eyes listening to her talk, sometimes even giggles. It seems like she have so much fun and he just couldn’t bear it anymore. 

 

Sehun let out a long sigh before prying her mobile phone from her hand and quickly ended the conversation. He gave her a glares, to make her looking back at him. “This is supposed to be our time, Hwayoung” 

 

“I know. I’m sorry....but this is kind of urgent” She bit her lip and putting her head on his shoulder as they continue to walk. 

 

He somehow didn’t let it off just like that. Sehun stopped in his track and pull his hand away. “What could be more important than me?” 

 

“My group project?” She answered without even considering the effect of her words. “Look, Daniel and I are partner for our English project so we have to keep contact each other continuously”

 

He looks very irritated at that moment. “But I told you not to be close with him right?” There is a warning in his tone. “Why is it that hard for you to listen?” 

 

“He is my friend, Sehun” She told him. There is a hint in her voice that she wouldn’t just give up in this argument. 

 

“But I’m your boyfriend Min Hwayoung!” He shouted. Thankfully they were at the alley where it far from people. “You are mine only! Don’t you get it?!” 

 

She was taken aback when he yelled at her. She’s getting impatient. “Listen here” And added, “That project is so important to me. The reason why I choose him as my partner because he is a genius and so freaking smart. He’s a good student that everyone recognized him and he is the only one that can help me”

 

He just smirk and grab his hair in frustration. “Is that because why you prefer him than me? Because I’m not a good student? That I’m not smart enough? Yah! Answer me!” 

 

“What?! You are being ridiculous Sehun! I never thought you like that! You are my boyfriend” She wanted to say more but he already leaving the place. “Sehun! Sehun!”

 

He leave with a frustration, angers and dissatisfaction. Sehun wouldn’t just lose like that. They said that being all jealous towards our partner is a sign that we love him/her. Is it that true? Oops Oh Sehun, you are making it so obvious about your feelings.