BONUS: BAEKHYUN SPIN OFF (PART 1)

TOXIC

Married life is good so far and could never been better for both Sehun and Hwayoung. As they were still in the ‘honeymoon’ phase, everything is seeming perfect to the newlyweds. After the wedding, Sehun being the most perfect husband Hwayoung could imagine has planned them a surprise honeymoon trip to Fiji. He does do a good job as she was shredded tears as soon as they landed, overwhelmed with everything he had prepared.

She loves how her husband knew well what she dreamed of, what she wanted and never failed to provide the best as the token of his love. Hwayoung thought that his surprised is over with a romantic candle light dinner by the sea when they were there, (she still can’t get over the moment when they played her favourite jazz song and the fireworks show) but again, she immediately placing kisses to her husband when he gave her a box with a house key inside as soon as they landed at Seoul.

 

Sehun is man that we all dreamed for; a man with unconditional love when it comes to his love of his life. It would not be exaggerating to say that he will literally do anything for his wife, including provide a luxury house that he wishes to spend with his family. He did not only provide a basic need for his wife, but to build a modern ‘castle’ specially for his queen.

 

As they were moving into their new house, the couple had planned a small gathering within their friend, which more into a housewarming party to share their happiness together. It just a small list of guests including EXO members and some of Hwayoung guest. Sehun had warned them to not bother to bring any gift, as they were invited to celebrate it together, but being considerate friends, each one of them has make sure to not come to their house with empty hands.

 

Baekhyun the last one to arrive despite being the most anticipated guest among all. He was lucky that they love him the most. “And that is the reason I was late being here. I had to queue about 15 minutes to get Hwayoung favourite dessert at the café and then quickly go back to my house to change and dress my best just for both of my best friends!”


“This is what you call the best?” A whisper voice interrupted him. The person snorted, but too bad without realised she was saying it out loud.


“Excuse me?” Baekhyun was taken back. “Who are you anyway?”

It was few seconds back when she noticed that most of the guest eyes was on her, she cleared and apologise to Baekhyun. “Oops— sorry my bad. I was saying that to myself”

 

Byun Baekhyun, he is the most chilled and easy-going person in the group, that is a fact. But it is questionable when he got all tense when it happened. Maybe he just being defensive when a stranger talk bad of him or Baekhyun just could not accept that a stranger, who unfortunately is a girl, being that rude to him. It took 3 minutes glaring contest and a pretty Hwayoung to calm him down.

 

“Relax, Baekhyun, she was joking. Meet my cousin. You guys met the other day on my wedding!” Hwayoung excitedly introduce them to each other.



“Oh!” He pretends to be shocked. “The messy hair girl with a smudge non-waterproof eyeliner?”

 

He should have not said that. Not when the other person obviously getting easily triggered by smallest thing and have a short temper. It was tense, but some of the EXO members had shaking their head as this was expected from Baekhyun, he would not let the opportunity let off. After all, he is a man with a pride.

 

Hwayoung cousin was about to throw her punch of his insulting remarks. “Sorry, what did you say?”

“Oops— my bad. I was talking to myself” Baekhyun mocked her back. Oops, he did it.

She rolled her eyes, ready to fire back. “Well hello mister, I’m sorry that I don’t know how to apply good makeup unlike you!"

 

Let just say that Sehun was quick enough to pull out his best friend to other place before he managed to utter any word.

+++

 

Thankfully, the host served a lot of foods and it is bonus that it turned out very good to distract Hwayoung cousin from getting her fist up into his chatter mouth. Hwayoung and her husband can only laughed at the scene, it just funny to them how these two have similar characteristic yet can fight like cats during their first meet (she did mentioned how this ‘eyeliner’ guy being rude to her during their wedding reception).

 

Not willing to be on any side, Hwayoung just shrugged it off playfully and tell her cousin that Baekhyun is actually a nice person and fun to hang out with, which received an eye rolled from her cousin. She then ignores Hwayoung and continue to devours the feast of food that she haven’t taste in a while.

Only for a moment later when she noticed that someone approaching her. “So Hwayoung cousin,” Baekhyun clears his throat to actually prompt for a conversation, only to received death glares from the girl when he called her with that name.

“This cousin of Hwayoung have a name you know” She rolled her eyes.

Feisty, he knew that his first impression on her during Sehun wedding day still the same. “So, cousin Hwayoung who apparently have a name, I never seen you before and Hwayoung never mentioned about her cousin. Are you new here?”


“Yes and for your information, I just landed at Seoul during Hwayoung reception. I was rushing and—” She wanted to explain more but got cut off by his chuckles.

 

“—That explained why you are so messy at that time, right?” He playfully said while giving her tissue, as she wiped out the crumbles of pie that she had on the corner of her lips. It amazed him how she did not even once try to cover up like most of the girls did in front of him.


“Exactly boy!” She agreed. “That is why you cannot judge people just like that” She smirks.

 

Baekhyun smile and put his hands up as a surrender sign. “Okay I admit that is my fault. I’m sorry, miss—” There was a delayed on his sentence as he purposely prompting for the girl to introduce her name.

“Min Se-ri, and you?” She asked back.

 

“Wait,” He paused and looking at her suspiciously. “You don’t know me?”


That is another phase of the day when they start to bicker again. It was over a small thing which obviously annoyed Baekhyun. He just can’t accept that there is a person, a Korean who just did not know who he is. Called him a star syndrome or whatever, but Byun Baekhyun, the popular global actor and also a rising actor found it is weird that she doesn’t have any idea who he is.



“Well Baekhyun, I am a dentist, not some of entertainment journalist who know exactly who you at first glance,” She stopped, while explaining herself. “Plus, I did not listen to modern music, much more Kpop, so don’t blame me on that”


His face is blank void any expression, “Yeah but you could have seen our face in local magazine or anything. Right Se-ri?”



“I was working at Spain and I was dumb for not knowing that you are the famous global group EXO, yeah Baekhyun? We are good now?” Se-ri cut it short, obviously not interested in childish argument with him.

 

"Fair enough” Baekhyun nodded as agreement. “That will give me some excuses”


Se-ri looks at him suspiciously, “For what?” She asked.


“To know you better, I guess?”

 

Clichè, Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Baekhyun update bcs I miss him :/

I will be back with other part and back to Sehun story, but as for now, I hope you enjoy this super, super short bonus :)