012

TOXIC

+A Date with Sehun+

 

This would be a part of story about fall— the season but it’s also a story about two people who are in love. The act of falling in love, be in love and going deeply in love. Falling in love with the right person is the most unique feeling in the world, which for Hwayoung, the only thing that important for her.

 

The verb falling is widely used in this contact, indeed, that was an accurate one. There’s nothing else she can focus on and nothing else that matters beside their relationship. Meanwhile, looking back on it afterward that exactly what Sehun feels like; falling. It just come on him suddenly, when he absolutely didn’t expecting to be this serious or it can be almost surprising like it was in his case. 

 

Like one year ago, he asked her to be his girlfriend out of sudden. Without any feelings involved but then today he was just smiling every time his screen phone lit up and show her picture as the wallpaper. He stared again and some times he goes like, “I just love this girl so much. I must be crazy”

 

She have put double effort when choosing a perfect clothes, extra time on her make up— everything must be on fleek and lastly with the final look on the mirror, Hwayoung are ready for their first proper date. She have been waiting for this in ages, making this day extra special as she will spend her day with her beloved boyfriend.

 

When she got down on the basement of her apartment, she already spotted her favorite person leaning on the unfamiliar black compact car with both of the hands inside his pocket. She immediately jogs into his direction, feeling excited when the other person waving and call her name. 

 

“Hi Sehun” She said. It amazed him somehow when she still greet him politely most of times despite their more than one year relationship. “I hope that you don’t wait too long for me”

 

“Hi baby” He took a step closer scanning her from head to toe. He froze for a minute in adjusting a rare view of his girlfriend having a full makeup like that. “You look.....so different today”

 

She blushed instantly when he praised her. “Did I overdressed Sehun?” 

 

“You look just fine Hwayoung. And extra beautiful I must say” He open the car door for her. “Ready for our date today?”

 

She hop on the car and Sehun bend slightly to buckle her up. Looking at her face, he was mesmerizing the beauty again. “God.....my girlfriend is just so pretty. I’m so lucky to have you baby girl” He left her with a red face while he move to the other side on the driver seat.

 

“Hwayoung, do you have any place that you want to go?” 

 

“I’ll just follow you Sehun” She replied. “Anywhere will be fine as long as we spend our time together”

 

He glad that she just shake her head and not demanding to go anywhere. He didn’t mind to take her to any places, it just that he have everything planned for the day and he wanted to show him that he already make some efforts for this date. She might didn’t aware of this but Sehun was so excited to go on this date.

 

If he look back into a year ago, he might say that this is all crazy. Everything that he will do for her. Being the normal heartless Sehun, being this sweet is almost impossible. A week before their date, he already go around asking his best friends for any idea for a perfect date for them. He didn’t mind to do anything; only to make this day special for his girlfriend.

 

Even when everyone in the group been teasing him nonstop about his sudden change from hopeless boyfriend to a romantic lover, he didn’t mind that. And when he had to begged Suho to borrow his car, he would just do that. Because this is a perfect time for him to repay back whatever his girlfriend ever did for him. He would treat her as a princess for that day and he will make that happen. 

 

After almost 30 minutes drive, they finally arrived to the place for their date. Hwayoung was surprised as soon as she recognized that place. “Sehun....are you sure about this?” 

 

“Yes” He grinned. “Today is everything about you” 

 

Her brows furrowed slightly. “Theme park?! You always know that I wanted to go here! But.....you hate it Sehun” She sigh. “I want you to have fun too” 

 

She told him so many times that she would love to go there with him but he always rejected as he said that that was too cliche or too childish. Hwayoung was so excited when they passed the theme park gate earlier, knowing that she finally able to enjoy her time here. But then she would be a total selfish girlfriend if her boyfriend doesn’t enjoy it at all. 

 

“Come on baby. It wasn’t a big deal” He reassured her that he will be just fine with the place. After all, he was the one who choose it. “I wanted to try it too and we could have fun together!” 

 

Sehun totally meant it when he said that he wanted to have fun at the theme park. He was having his own time enjoying almost dangerous rides that mostly make Hwayoung heart almost dropped from it place. She have a height phobia and those kill rides were totally not her type. 

 

She wouldn’t complain too when Sehun forced her to go on the rides with him, because that’s what theme park for. The adventurous, the adrenaline was all that matters. Apart of that, she always wanted to go here because she just thought that it might be romantic to have a date in this kind of place with her boyfriend. 

 

Just like what she dreamed, it so like a scene in the drama. Especially when Sehun did little things that will make her heart goes softer for him. Like they went to a merchandise shop and get each other couple cute animal headband and when he feed her with a chocolate mint ice cream. 

 

“Baby stop” The next thing she knew, he already have his thumb over the upper corner of her lips, to wipe out the ice cream that smudged on her lips. 

 

Isn’t that cute to see Sehun with his giraffe headband, looking so fluffy and adorable while being sweet at the same time. She recalling back the time when he forbids her to use her small fingers to clean the dirt over his face. It was during the early stage of their relationship. Later he told her that he was the only one can do that, purposely so that she wouldn’t make her hands dirty. 

 

“Thank you for bringing me here” She brush her side face into his arm. It might look weird but she really love to do that with him. 

 

“As I told you Hwayoung. Everything will be about you today” He said. “And now its time for you to grant my wish!”

 

“What wish Sehun?”

 

The adrenaline rush that she felt when she step her feet there for the first time was similar to the feeling she get when she fall in love. She started to sweat, have her heart races and goes dry. It just feel so excited yet could very scary. Something that she wanted to try yet can be very intimidating.

 

He run straight for the biggest rollercoaster and dragged her along. “Come on baby you can do this!” He said when Hwayoung face has turned pale from being too scared. 

 

“But Sehun—“ She looking for some excuses. He quickly pull her hand and walk away to go to the ride area. “I’m here Hwayoung. Don’t worry”

 

Her legs are getting weaker when it times for their turn to get on the roller coaster. This would be her first time ever on this ride— as she would prefer a non-risk attraction more. But when her boyfriend intertwined their fingers together and with the silent message on his gaze telling her that she will be fine, Hwayong are finally ready for it. 

 

Riding rollercoasters causes the body to release a hormone that causes euphoria. Along comes with that, it feels like she have grown wings and can fly around freely in the world. Everything starts to seem beautiful and better. The sun shines a bit brighter and the birds twitter a little louder and sweeter. 

 

As if she are stuck in an enchanting dream. She get butterflies in her stomach whenever Sehun casts a reassuring gaze upon her. And off course Hwayoung would know about the thumping of her heart and dilation of pupils. Sehun is the only person that causes her euphoria.

 

+++

 

Later in the evening after they was done with the thrills and fun at the them park, Sehun took her to the new opening cafe in the middle of Seoul city. They news has been spreading around the town about the delicious desserts and sweets that they served and being an understanding boyfriend, he knew that she going to love this place. 

 

The place was crowded especially during this time, when everyone looking for a cosy place to have a hi-tea session. It was decorated with a pastel pink colored, with a small details of futuristic theme. Since this new cafe has been viral among the citizens, the high volume of customers was understandable. Queues are surely inevitable, but the time spent standing in line could be the perfect moment to have a chat with her boyfriend too.

 

Especially when Sehun just casually leaned forward, his chest on back of her body and wrapping his hand to her slim waist. Hwayoung was a bit surprised and realized that her cheeks has gotten red from her boyfriend unexpected public displaying affection. She then randomly ask him, “What is your favorite dessert?”

 

“You” He said that without even flinch. Clearly. 

 

She gasped on that sudden statement and pinched him in his arm to respond. “Yah!” She hissed. 

 

“What?” He replied. “Dessert would usually the sweet things. And you are the sweetest Hwayoung. Sweet cheeks, sweetie, sweetheart” 

 

Hwayoung chuckled when she can’t really accept his direct super cheesy line. “You are definitely a heartthrob right Sehun? Sweet talker as I must say”

 

“Well it just that I might have no time to say that in future” Sehun was a bit worried as he stated that. 

 

Hwayoung furrowed her eyebrows together. Not really paying attention to what he said previously, she just shrugged it off. “Why are you saying that Sehun. It’s not like you are going anywhere” And he just scratched the back of his head as they entered the cafe.

 

Her eyes has glistening to the sight of different desserts that Sehun has choose for them. From chocolate brownies to strawberry pie, she couldn’t wait to have a taste on it. He wasn’t a big fan of sweet food but considering that this was his girlfriend favorite, he didn’t mind to spend more. 

 

Being an active Instagrammer, she took a few photos first before starting to enjoy the food. She’s ready to pick up the fork, but Sehun stopped her. “Wait. I have surprise for you. Close your eyes baby girl” 

 

She was confused as hell but just play along and covered her eyes with both of her hand. Hwayoung could hear that her boyfriend already get up from his seat to nowhere, feeling excited as she have no idea what he’s going to do next. 

 

As she wasn’t ready for any surprise, Sehun then come with a small heart shaped cupcake with a candle on it, his other hand hold a helium balloon that have a happy birthday wish on it. And of course it will be only complete when he sang a birthday song along. 

 

“Happy birthday to you.....happy birthday to you.....happy birthday to my dear Hwayoung.....happy birthday to you.....” He finished the song with a big claps with the other customers join in the cafe.

 

“Make a wish and blow your candle birthday girl” He smiled. 

 

“Sehun.....” She was touched. Really. She didn’t expect that he will do this for her. But then, she was completely confused. “But today is not my birthday”

 

“I know” As he said casually. Hwayoung couldn’t really understand the meaning behind his words. “Today is not your birthday. I would be a bad boyfriend if I couldn’t remember the exact date” 

 

He took the fork start to dig into the cake and offered to feed her. “I was being a complete during your last birthday so I thought that this would make it up”

 

It was last year when everything started. The first kiss after Sehun being a for not wishing her on her birthday during their summer camp. When he actually realized that this girl, that are so vulnerable to him has actually took a spot on his heart. She entered there and stayed forever. 

 

“But you actually give me the best present ever” She slips her tiny hand into his. “My first kiss” 

 

“Come here” As he command her to lean closer to him. He caressed her cheek before giving a kiss on her lips. Not only once, but twice. “Birthday kisses to the love of my life. You make my days so much more enjoyable Hwayoung”

 

Nothing felt better than to have someone declared that she is the special lady in his life. Someone who brightens each day and makes her life seem more worth living. Hwayoung has been blessed with the perfect boyfriend ever. With Sehun being extra sweet on their date, what girl wouldn’t love to be lavished on with sweet words on this kind of special day? It only once in awhile after all.

 

Just when she thought that the day is going to be over, she was wrong. Sehun has other agenda as he drove all the way to outskirts of town to a unfamiliar place. A peaceful garden that surprisingly still opened at night, with a light all over the place.

 

She hop off the car, with a helium balloon tied on her wrist and trails behind him as he guide her into the place. “Where are we Sehun? I thought that we are going to watch a movie?”

 

“Yes we are. This is just a random garden that I found on internet” He said. “But you will love this trust me”

 

A few minutes walks and they finally found a spot to to sit. Sehun has carried his backpack along the way and it makes Hwayoung curious on what he actually brings. Her boyfriend are just a little too hard to guess today. 

 

He place his backpack down and pulling out a fold over picnic mat. “Give me a minute to set up this princess” And she just nodded to that. 

 

He pull out few packs of snacks, two tins of Coke and his laptop with mini speakers too. Sehun definitely has planned this whole thing ahead because as what she saw, he really picked a good place to chill. The surrounding was so beautiful and it even have a sufficient light source that wouldn’t let them to be in the dark.

 

“What do you think about this?” He asked. To be honest he wasn’t even sure about his idea. Whether his girlfriend would like it or not. Bringing her to a cinema would be a cliche as he wanted to make their date as special as he can. 

 

“This is lovely Sehun. I appreciated it so much. I really really love this!” She was so happy. 

 

“I’m glad that you like it” They just spend the next minute staring into each other eyes. At this point, the awkwardness doesn’t really matter. 

 

Sehun would denied again every time her girlfriend say that he is such a romantic boyfriend; he would never admit it. But for her, the acts show it all. From the kiss that they shared inside the gondola at the theme park, to where he sang her birthday song and to this night picnic that he prepared, it was more than being a romantic boyfriend. It called the best boyfriend ever. 

 

Even when he choose The Fault In Our Stars among other movies, it obviously that he was into this romantic things. Over a year she witnessed how he changed. From a hopeless boyfriend that will just ask her to do everything for him, to a gentleman that wouldn’t even let her walks on her own feet if possible. 

 

“I’m so happy today” She said that so suddenly that it makes Sehun shift his attention from the laptop screen to her. “I really meant it Sehun”

 

“The best way to make myself happy is when someone that I love happy. That’s it. I just want to show you that I really care for you Hwayoung”

 

She put his finger on his lips to shush him. “You don’t have to prove anything Sehun” And she lay her head on his shoulder. “I love you just the way you are” 

 

He just hummed in respond. He continues to her head affectionately, his focus wasn’t on the movie anymore. What else can he said about his love toward this girl, he already told everything. She is his everything right now. 

 

“Can I ask your something Sehun?” He nodded. “That night....why suddenly you want me to become your girlfriend?”

 

This time he really want to make everything clear to her. “To be honest I don’t even know why” Sehun sigh. “At that moment I don’t really have a feeling for you” Hwayoung could feel the disappointment on her.

 

He then added, “Actually......from the minute I saw you, I was hooked. Your eyes, your smile, all of it was perfect and that night it just happened that I wanted it so bad....to be able to call you my girlfriend”

 

“It’s okay Sehun” As she said when Sehun keep apologize for that. “But I hope that you wont regret this....to be with me” 

 

He didn’t say anything but to keep his gaze on her. His girlfriend is such a nice person that it always taunted him for his bad treats in the past. Sehun keep his eyes on her, in search of that beat that his heart skipped when he first saw her beautiful soul. “Never baby, never regret to meet such amazing person like you”

 

“This kind of date.....isn’t it lovely?” She said. “It give us chances to talk like this. I feel like I can know more about you. We should do this more in future” Hwayoung suggests. 

 

“About that” He scratch the back of his head. “I have something to tell you Hwayoung” 

 

She don’t really take it seriously as she know that it wouldn’t something that bad. “What is that?” She asked playfully. 

 

“Remember the audition that we all went the other day?” She just nodded remembering the exact event that he told. “We actually get that offers” 

 

“I’m leaving soon”

 

As she was overwhelmed with the amazing date for the whole day, her joy suddenly faded when she heard that. 

 

“Is this going to be our farewell Sehun?”

 

+++

 

While their relationship had been going smoothly, all of a sudden Sehun told her that he will be leaving to be a trainee at SM Entertainment. This is one step closer to the ultimate dream that her boyfriend always wanted and she couldn’t help but to feel happy for him. Hwayoung believe that he will do well in his training and achieve his goal.

 

But despite of that, she started getting pessimistic and doubtful about the future of their relationship. She shouldn’t but it can’t be help when she already heard a lot of negative things about long distance relationship and to be honest she wasn’t ready to be apart with him this soon.

 

Oh the last day before Sehun leaving his house to the SM Entertainment dormitory, he made Hwayoung to be with him for the whole day. Helping him to pack while spending their last moment together. She sniffed his shirt one by one, trying to remember the familiar scent that she will be missed. A heavy sigh was let out as she folding his shirts into the luggage. 

 

“You are not okay right?” Sehun asked as he could already sensed that something was off with her. 

 

“No, I’m good” She shake her head repeatedly, unable to look into his eyes.

 

Sehun was so done with her. This would be their last day but she was acting up. Even since the morning, she didn’t said much to him. “What with that attitude?” He snapped.

 

“No attitude Sehun. Just....Excuse me for awhile” She then abruptly got up and went to the toilet.

 

Suddenly she have a fear that their relationship might be over. They have come so far from the beginning and this shouldn’t be the reason to end it. She have invested so much into the relationship and she just hope that they can keep their love strong despite the distance. 

 

How are she going to prepare herself for the eventual emotional fallout from all of this, being in a relationship that she have a doubt will likely end once he leave? Was Hwayoung overthinking things?

 

She took almost 15 minutes in the toilet crying and this would be the third times she cried behind his back for the whole day. As soon as she was about to leave the toilet, Sehun already there in front of the door. “Wear this. We are going out” As he handled her his hoodie.

 

That night seem colder than ever when none of them didn’t said anything but just to enjoy the silent among them. They walked together to Han river, as Sehun said that he wanted to take a night stroll. Her steps are getting heavy just like her broken heart. Her boyfriend going to leave soon, how she should react. 

 

On top of that, Hwayoung catch herself feeling guilty. She know that she shouldn’t act like brat but to be happy for him instead. She was. More than into a proud girlfriend to be truth. But this is not as simple as letting him go just like that. Sehun then grab her hand before pulling her to sit on the bench together. 

 

“How are you going to live without me Hwayoung” He said softly. His words wasn’t really as a question but has become a fact that she even admit.

 

“I— I can’t” Her voice are going slower at this rate.

 

With only the light from the lamppost, he convince her. “You and I...we will get through this” 

 

“I don’t want to loose you Sehun” Her tears cannot be control anymore. 

 

“No one is losing anyone. Look, I know that this is hard for you” He then hug her. “But please don’t cry like this. It will be hard for me to go....with you in this condition” He didn’t lie. Sehun really felt like his heart was stabbed by a knife when his girlfriend did nothing but just to cried more. 

 

He then added, “You and I, we will get through this Hwayoung. We love each other, that is the most important thing” 

 

“We should” She said in between her sobs. “I just hope that we can always, always be together Sehun”

 

“Me too Hwayoung. I will miss you, so so much. I’m promise that I wouldn’t change myself” With a vow that has been given, she just hope that he will remember it. 

 

Sehun was right. Maybe this LDR could be work. However, they both must possess the attitude and determination to make the relationship lasted. It’s not going to be easy, surely. But it is still possible to make it through. With a communication advancement and the fact that they are still in the same city, they should be able to handle the separation. 

 

In addition to that, Hwayoung also can concentrate on pursuing her personal goals which were almost forgotten because she was too busy with her sweetheart. She could use the time alone to develop herself in achieving her dream. As much as she wanted Sehun to be success, Hwayoung herself should do the same thing.

 

Just like what Sehun said, “We should be successful for each other” 

 

When they lay in bed that night, they looked into each other eyes and she cried again instantly. Her obsessive love can’t be stop, that feeling that rushes from the pit of her stomach up to her body and makes her chest swell when it finally hits the heart— it’s a completely different emotion.

 

At this, Sehun leaned in impossibly closer, the slender muscles in his forearm flexing as he bent his elbow to close the proximity between them. It was full of loves that her heart might explode. Sehun doesn’t have to ask for permission. Maybe Hwayoung didn't mind at all. The moment she closed her eyes, she felt his lips graze on her jaw before pulling her into a passionate kiss. That night that he prove his love towards her and how she willingly sacrificed her most priceless thing in her life.

 

She was stuttering as he pierced his gaze on her. “Take— take me Sehun” 

 

“Yes babe you are mine” He kissed her again. “Mine only”

 

“Sehun—“ At this point, she know that he can’t be stopping anymore. They wanted each other so bad.

 

“You are so beautiful Hwayoung. I really really love you” He have lost his count on how many times that he was drown in her beauty. 

 

The next morning he sneak some times before depart to the dorm that has been prepared by his entertainment agency. He want to send her straightly to her apartment, afraid that she would just cry again on her way home. Hwayoung couldn’t be calm if she stay, so he made sure that she wouldn’t be there when he was about to leave. 

 

“Go inside” He told her again. Hwayoung has been tugging to his shirt for awhile. She didn’t have intention to let him go yet. 

 

“Give me a goodbye kiss at least” She pouted but Sehun only rolled his eyes. 

 

“I gave you 10 kisses since this morning, Hwayoung” He patted her head slowly and pinch her cute nose. “Don’t you dare to cry in front of me again baby girl. I’m going to loose my this time”

 

“I’m just kidding Sehun. Fine I’ll go inside now. But you—” Her words stuck on the throat. “Please don’t forget me” 

 

“Baby girl...listen here” He pull her for the last hug. “I wouldn’t forget you and please remember that I’ll always love you” 

 

That exactly what she needed the most from him. A reassurance. Something that she can believe, that she can hold into— that he love her and wouldn’t forget about her existence in his life. Hwayoung flash her prettiest smile to show him that she will be just fine. She lightened up the sad expression on her face by thinking about the next time she will see her boyfriend....someday. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Things are going to get real very sooooooon *evil laugh*