015

TOXIC

+The Changes+

 

Hwayoung has been waiting for another hour, making it 3 hours in total that she waited at the train station since the evening. Yet there is still no sign of her boyfriend. He told her that he will be there few hours ago to pick her up but sadly it seems like a false hope. Sehun wasn’t there. 

 

She was coming back from his hometown, picking up his pet since his grandmother need to go to her relative house and there is no one to take care of Vivy. Hwayoung didn’t mind to travel for that as she has grow fond of him for these past 2 years. Vivy has become part of her little family with Sehun. 

 

With his packed schedule and life as a phenomenon kpop star, she knew that she had no choice but to blend with his current lifestyle. Or more to his busy lifestyle. She had enough having an argument with him on how he should give her attention and spend time with her, to the level that she has stopped asking him anymore. 

 

Eagerly, she call him to tell him of her safe arrival. In case if he actually forget it. He doesn’t answer, even after several trial. Patiently, Hwayoung wait and try again. Nothing. Much later she get a text: “Sorry — busy — I will text you later”

 

First 3 months after he debuted, Sehun still will make up to her and explain everything. That he have to lie in the television and fans saying that he didn’t have a girlfriend or telling her that he never meant it. He even escape for half day practice session just to met her for awhile. But that was before. 

 

With her other hand occupied by holding Vivi, she used her free hand to dial his number again on her mobile. Sehun have to pick up the call and be there. He had promised them. He probably has broke few promises to her girlfriend, but knowing that he love Vivi with all his heart, he shouldn’t forget it right?

 

“Come on Vivy. Let’s get home” 

 

With a long sigh, she started to walk away from the station. She thought that it wouldn’t be that bad to walk alone in the middle of night to go home (the last bus has departed 20 minutes ago), well Hwayoung was trying so bad to be positive. She wouldn’t just give up especially when she have Vivy to take care of. 

 

It wasn’t that far from her home and she actually enjoyed the moments that able to walk Vivy home in that cool breeze night. But of course to make it bad, it has to be rain in the middle of their walks. Did she do something bad in the past that she had to go for a karma? Everything turned out bad for the day and she really couldn’t say anything more. It definitely one of her unluckiest day. 

 

Without waiting anymore she quickly pull out her hoodie and wrapped it around Vivy so that he wouldn’t feel cold. “Just a bear it for awhile sweetheart. We—we will be there soon” Hwayoung was to worried about Vivy till she forgot that she actually started to shivering. 

 

Cold and wet, tired and exhausted she made her way to her apartment complex with the hope that she will meet Sehun. Hwayoung wanted to see him so bad. She wanted to slap him in the face, punch him, yell at him so that he will know how disappointed she was with her own boyfriend. 

 

As soon as she arrived to her unit, she saw that the light already and there is a pair of shoes that she familiar with. Sehun is back. “You back Hwayoung?” As he said while leaning his back on the kitchen counter. 

 

She just nodded and walk passed him. No more energy to argue with him. You know the analogy when people tends to be silent when they are too mad? That’s what she felt right now. 

 

“Why are you all wet? You okay?” He asked again as Hwayoung unwrapped her hoodie from the pet. Sehun eyes widen when he finally saw Vivy in her hands. “Vivy?! ! I forgot! We all have dinner with all SM artist and I—“

 

“Enough Sehun. We’ll talk later” Hwayoung just left him hanging like that. 

 

“I’m so sorry I—“ He stopped in his words when he saw her eyes. He knew that he was ed up when she refused his help to dry her off. Hwayoung always like getting pampered by him but when she just silently walk off to the bathroom without any words, Sehun knew that he messed up real big this time. 

 

Later on that night they sleep with Hwayoung back facing him. No goodnight wish, no goodnight kisses, no cuddling like  their normal routines. Even when he tried to wrap his arms on her waist, she pull off from him. 

 

“It wasn’t new for me, Sehun. But you started to forget Vivy. I’m so disappointed with you” she said before dozing off to sleep.

 

Sehun couldn’t sleep that night. Her words was stuck in his head and he couldn’t get if off easily. Did her really changed? But they have talked about this before. That she will need to be more understanding with his new life. That it is almost impossible for him to treat her like he used to. Sehun is the famous artist with busiest lifestyle. 

 

He admits that he got carried away by the fame and thought he was right, so they had a big argument of which he incredibly sorry for and he just want to apologize to his girlfriend for that. Hwayoung must be hurt for the lack of attention and affection that he showed and he knew it. Sehun just hope that they both can return to being as happy as they used to be.

 

The next morning Hwayoung wake up with her being curled up next to her boyfriend, all wrapped with his scent that she missed so much. With his current life, it almost impossible to have him lie on the bed and cuddle up. She should have just ignore the fact that they actually in argument and just to hug him tightly. But she won’t let it happen for this time. Hwayoung was hurt enough. 

 

Slowly she pull of his arm from her waist and make her way to clean up herself. Seeing her boyfriend sleeping comfortably  from the vanity mirror reflection make her heart soft. It makes her wonder too. Is he still the same person she fall in love with a year and few months ago. Quietly she did her routine as usual, not wanting to wake up Sehun early in morning. 

 

“Where are you going at this hour?” She startled when Sehun suddenly asked her question. Too immersed in her thoughts she didn’t even realized that he already wake up. “You supposed to have no class on Sunday is it?” 

 

“I’m going to work” She picked up her sling bag and ready to get up from the vanity table, avoiding to drag the conversation getting further. 

 

His eyes getting furrowed, confusedly staring at his girlfriend. “I don’t know that you have a part time job”

 

Hwayoung smirk. Didn’t really surprised that he actually forgot about that. It’s been months that she worked at the flower shop yet her boyfriend didn’t even put any effort to remember this details. Boyfriend— really. She don’t know what to say anymore. 

 

“Maybe if you give a damn time for me then you would remember it Sehun. I’m not surprise if one day you even forget that you have a girlfriend”

 

“Baby please—“ 

 

He stop her movement by grabbing her wrist. She look so hurt and it hurt him even more to see his girlfriend like that. “I’m really sorry for everything. I miss you so much baby” As he back hug her. 

 

“You had no idea how much I miss you Sehun. You don’t know how desperate I am to hold your face every time I saw you in the TV. You had no idea how crazy I was thinking about you!” Her tears are started to pool around her eyes. Hwayoung couldn’t wait anymore and just leave as she slammed the door leaving Sehun alone in the apartment.

 

Sehun knew that he just ed up real bad this time. 

 

+++

 

“Good morning cutepie!” Rose angelic voice ringing her ears as soon as she walked in to shop. Hwayoung glad that her best friend have a really good voice, at least that she wouldn’t get annoyed with the same voices every day.

 

“Good morning Rose” She put her best smiles despite her no-mood-vibe today. Not to forget the other person walking next to her best friend, she greet him too. “Good morning to you too, Hanbin” 

 

Rose dramatically swipe her sweats on her forehead while glaring at her brother. “Sorry that we are late today. Somebody insists to buy your favorite breakfast for you” 

 

Hearing that, it makes Hwayoung blushing at the thought that Hanbin remember that she love the chocolate croissant from the bakery shop across the road. “Hmm thanks Hanbin” 

 

“Anything for you Hwayoung!” As he grins happily. 

 

For all these few months that she have worked with them, she had nothing to complain but to feel very thankful for their existence. Instead of being a worker there, she feel more like a family to them. Where she had spend most of the times there, filling up the loneliness that she felt. They are like her best, best friends. 

 

Not only that, she enjoyed her works as being a florist there. Not to exaggerating but she was proud that she able to adapt well even when she had to memorize all the flowers name. Rose was right, it almost impossible to differentiate them all at the first moment but slowly she grow to love what she do. The fact that she loves being around flowers was another factor that she keep working there even when her semester break already done.

 

Hwayoung loves how every flowers would give her different energy and can boost up her mood for the day. Their colors, their smells, that would be her favorite. Maybe it’s the special relation between a florist and the flowers, but for her it seems like the flowers cheer up her gloomy day and bring the best of out her everyday. 

 

The shop was just cozy with not so many customers even on Sunday. That’s what she loved most. The environment was just so chilly and relax, that can make her calm and enjoy the her workday without any stress. Hwayoung thoughts that aside of being a lawyer in future, she might going to change her dream to open a new flower shop one fine day. 

 

 The wind chimes ringing at the sign of new customer come in through the glass door. “Welcome to Blinc flower shop!” Hanbin and his sister welcoming the newcomer happily. 

 

Meanwhile Hwayoung was too focused in her job that she didn’t even realized that the customer is coming to her place. Immersed in the flower bouquet that she has been working on past 15 minutes, she don’t have time to glares at her surroundings. All she know that she have to focus on her creation so that her work will be perfectly done. 

 

“Ehem” Sounds of someone clearing his throat. She know that it will be rude to ignore a customer but she also know that Hanbin or maybe her best friend can help with this customer. They both always aware that she hate to be disturbed when she focusing on something. 

 

“Hello miss?” The sounds was still there. She’s getting annoyed that the person is still not moving. T the last piece of dried leaf, she quickly put it down with the roses in the basket. 

 

“Yes how may I assist you sir?” She ask politely. 

 

“I’m looking for a flowers” This customer is weird, she thought. His voice was so deep that it seems like it’s so fake and the way he dress up— black cap with oversize hoodie, face mask and sunglasses, so mysterious. But then, she wasn’t in place to judge her customer. 

 

“What kind of flower that you need?” She asked again, looking for a respond from him. It’s weird that the longer the conversation is, the more familiar she felt with this person. He seems like someone she knew. 

 

“Looking something that can make my girlfriend forgive me” He said casually with his hands on the pocket of his trouser. 

 

This is not the first time she help a boyfriend to buy a flower for his girlfriend and she already knew that she should get for him. To confirming, she asked for some information. “What kind of flowers that your girlfriend likes?” 

 

He shrugged. “I’m not sure. What is your favorite flower?”

 

“Sorry?” She was confused. 

 

It wasn’t long to connect the dot when she finally figured out the identity of the guy. Especially when he started to pull off his mask and sunglasses, his fluffy hair out of the cap to reveal his face. Luckily that were no one else in the shop beside Hwayoung, Rose and Hanbin. 

 

“Holly— sh—!” Rose was freaked out and quickly covered and she was started to swears. “It’s freaking EXO Sehun! This is fuc—“ 

 

“Eyy don’t even say the word!” Hanbin quickly pull his sister away from the place. Leaving both of them in the corner of flower shop. 

 

“What are you doing here Sehun?” She turned around and not to look him in his eyes. “I have work to do. Go home”

 

“I’m sorry baby please don’t ignore me” He pleads. “I should have never allowed my work to become the barrier that keep me away from you”

 

She just sighed. Not saying much when Sehun pull both of her hands and intertwined with his. He added, “You know I love you with all my heart and that you are the most important person in my life. I love you so much baby”

 

The endearments that she always love when it comes from her boyfriend. Hwayoung herself doesn’t want to make this argument into a big thing because she know that she couldn’t even handle it. The pain of not talking to Sehun is way worst than being apart with him for their long distance relationship. 

 

“I don’t know Sehun” She sigh again. “I was so mad at you but....I don’t want to loose you either. Being apart with you is hard enough for me” 

 

“Can you please forgive me, love?” Sehun was kneeling in front of her, making Hwayoung panic immediately. “I’m promise that I will buy every single flower in this shop if you forgive me” He jokes. 

 

“Yeah....” Her voice is so soft and they way she look so cute with her pouts made Sehun want to jump and kiss her everywhere. Where he actually did it after that, only to be stopped by Hwayoung when she was blushing so bad and when her face has turned red.

 

“I’m glad that you come back for me Sehun” 

 

“Always, Min Hwayoung. I will always come back for you” Without he realized, he just made another promise to his girlfriend that he didn’t even sure that he can fulfill it. 

 

+++

 

This is absolutely one of his major dreams, which is to perform in a huge dome. With a fancy lighting, stage set, bigger venue which means only one— bigger audiences. Sehun knew that he can’t do this if he decided not to join his fellow members for the audition, that he will never have chance for of this without being in EXO. 

 

Lucky? He is. They said that they were lucky to debut under a big company like SM Entertainment. That they will be exposed more compare to other small company trainees. Some would say that all the fame that they have right now is just because of their company, some would eventually say that they deserved this because of their talent. 

 

“Can you believe this, hyung? It’s freaking Tokyo Dome!” Kai looking up to the stage with amusement on his face. 

 

“If you meant that being in the same stage with other artist of SM Entertainment, well I can’t believe too” Kyungsoo reply to the younger. 

 

“Oh and look at the girls......” Baekhyun interrupted while pointing to their juniors. “It seems like they’re looking at us too...or should I say, our Sehunie?”

 

Sehun just shake his head at his friend teasing. “Stop saying nonsense, Baek” 

 

The boys continue the rehearsal for the SM Town concert for the rest of the day. It just another day where they need to repeat the same dance routine again and again, be all over the stage to be perfectly coordinate for tomorrow and to make sure that everything goes well for the actual event.

 

Being the junior, of course that they will need to rehearse the longest, which approximately took 8 to 9 hours compare to their seniors. Even though they they were drenched in sweats and being exhausted but they never complained. This is what they signed up; are they even allowed to complain. It will be worth— for one day to become big like them. 

 

Sharing the same stage with senior like Super Junior, Girls Generation and others would absolutely something that the boys would never forget. Just standing there and saw banners with their band name on them, at that moment, they realized that they weren’t the problematic high-schoolers anymore, but they are now EXO, the famous EXO. 

 

“Are you sure that you don’t want to join us?”

 

Shaking his head, Sehun turns down the older offer politely. “It’s okay Kyungsoo hyung. Have fun guys”

 

The rest of the boys leaving him alone at their hotel room at night, since Sehun felt extra exhausted from the rehearsal earlier. He was thinking to just rest in the room instead of joining the rest of the members to go for sightseeing in the city of Tokyo. Surely he will missed out beautiful view of the city at night, but this time he will let it pass. 

 

Sehun was leaning on the headrest of the bed, eyes focus on his screen reading the conversation again. He has been told earlier that she would text again later at night, as she would need some time to revise for her upcoming exam. He understands that, he always will, knowing that his girlfriend is a hardworking student and he believe that she will be successful one day. 

 

Too lazy to go out earlier and too late to call for a room service, Sehun decided that he need to go to the convenience store to at least grab some instant noodle for dinner. He almost forget that he didn’t take any food for dinner, only to remember it when Hwayoung remind him to not forget to eat dinner. She knew that Sehun will always skip his meals. 

 

This wasn’t a first time that he skipped dinner just because he’s too lazy. She knew it well— that’s another reason why she will at least packed some instant noodle for her boyfriend everytime he went for overseas schedule. But too bad that Sehun already gave the last 2 cups of his ramyun to Baekhyun and Kai who complaining that they are starving in middle of yesterday night.

 

For the last time, he check again if he already put the access card for his hotel room in the pocket of his favorite hoodie (it was a gift from his girlfriend). Putting his cap over his head, enough to cover his face from getting recognized by fans, Sehun made his way to lobby of the hotel. He just need to across the road to go to the store. 

 

“Sehun?” A voice greet him as soon he come out from the elevator. 

 

He bow a little, as the sign of respect to his senior. “Donghae hyung” He called his name. 

 

“Are you going somewhere?” 

 

“Just to grab something at the convenience store. How about you?” He politely ask.

 

“Going for a drink. Come join me” Donghae offers. “Oh come on Sehun. It’s all on me!” 

 

Scratching the back of his neck, the younger didn’t say much but to smile while following him to the hotel bar. It’s seems like he have to skip dinner again tonight. There is no way that he should reject his senior offer. After all, it is one way to bonding with one of his role model. He definitely don’t want to miss that.

 

“Texting your girlfriend?” Donghae ask while sipping a wine. 

 

“Huh?” Sehun quickly lock his screen again and clear the chats notification from his girlfriend. “Sorry hyung. Just check something on my phone” 

 

Donghae just chuckled looking at his junior. “Don’t lie to me Sehun. I’ve been through that phases before. So tell me....is she someone from your neighborhood? Same high school?”

 

Sehun didn’t say much. Just scratch his nape to avoid the awkward situation. He don’t even know what he should say at this moment. He just hummed to his question, hoping that he will let it pass somehow. 

 

“For someone like us....with our job like this......it just almost impossible to have a relationship” Donghae said casually. “Well...unless....”

 

“Unless?” Sehun finally respond to his words. The last sentence somehow captured him straight away. 

 

Donghe playing with his wine glass before he smirks. “Unless if you going out with someone from our industry” 

 

“Wait— I don’t understand” Sehun brows are getting more furrowed now. “Why is that possible? I thought fans would hate it more” 

 

“You can say that. But....well Sehun this is what we call reality” His eyes focus as he delivers his advice. “That would hate it, at first. But not when the person is idol itself. At least it is someone they knew”

 

Sipping another shot before he added, “It’s somehow marketing tools too. Let’s say you are in relationship with another idol, the news will get bigger....and you will get more coverage too”

 

“How about the company? Will they allow that?” Sehun is getting more interested with the topic. 

 

“They will gladly accept the free publicity from the media” Donghae replied. “Look, you are famous now Sehun. Why would you go for someone that won’t even reach your standard? Do you think that this cruel world will allow a successful idol like you to be in relationship with just a ‘normal’ girl? That’s bull”

 

The younger gulped hearing that. He never thought that about something like that. But somehow it hits him hard. He didn’t know for how long he got carried by his thoughts. Only to realized when his senior snap a finger in front of his face. 

 

“Hello to the earth, Oh Sehun!” 

 

“Ah— sorry hyung” He quickly back to his sense now. 

 

“I want to introduce you to someone” 

 

He pointed to the person that are coming to their direction. When or where did that person appear, he had no idea too. Probably during the time that he was receiving another text message from his girlfriend (she’s been asking if Sehun already went to sleep, since he’s not replying as what he promise previously).

 

“Okay girl this is the handsome maknae of EXO, Oh Sehun” As Donghae introduce him. “And to you Sehun, she is one of the new SM girl group. I bet you have heard about Red Velvet right?” 

 

“Y— Yes. Of course. Hi I’m Sehun” He quickly hide his phone on his pocket and greet her. For one minute, he was stunned due to her magnificent visual. She is the prettiest, he thought. 

 

“Hi. You can call me Irene” As the pretty lady tell him. 

 

Well, while the "I'm not like other guys, I’m not going to change I swear" phase of a relationship doesn't last particularly long, most of the guys still like to hang onto that facade of invincibility as long as possible. The first time that something triggered them to be weak, things will definitely change.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: You know what, I have this draft for few weeks and guess what....I forgot to post it. I’m such a bad author I’m so sorry. But still, here is another chapter of Toxic. I’m so in love with Oh Sehun ughh please send some help lol