004

TOXIC

+His Friends, EXO+

 

Standing among the crowd at the bus stop while tapping her feet into the ground, she patiently wait for her boyfriend to pick her up. Sehun told her to go to his house that day, which he share with his other friends. It will be her first time to meet with EXO outside of the school. She feel so nervous yet very excited.

 

She couldn’t sleep at all last night. Thinking about how she should starting her conversation with them, how to make them feel comfortable and not to be annoyed with her. Most importantly is how to not making Sehun pissed with her. She don’t want him to get mad in public again, at least not in front of his friends. 

 

Another bus going off from the bus stop, making it to be the third bus she saw since she arrived there. He promised her that he will meet her at the bus stop near his house, but there is still no sign of Sehun yet. Hwayoung checking the location that he send last night again, to make sure she didn’t wait at a wrong place. 

 

“What a pity for a pretty lady like you to be alone” 

 

A stranger with his two other friends started to approach her. Hwayoung keep being silent. She didn’t want to create any troubles with those people. 

 

“Don’t be shy with us pretty” Another guy spoke. “Do you need us to accompany you here?” 

 

“It’s okay thank you” She move two steps away from them. Hwayoung already clutch her sling back tighter on her chest as a protection.  

 

“Come on lets have some fun” He smirk. “Let me touch that beautiful skin of yours—“

 

“What you think you are doing bastard!” It’s Sehun voice who interrupted them. “You guys don’t really have anything better to do huh?”

 

He came at the perfect timing as that guy was about to lean his face closer to her. Hwayoung run to him and hide behind his back. 

 

“Yah! Lets go— faster!” There is a hint of scared in their voice. She didn’t know what is going on but minutes later, she didn’t saw them anymore.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked in concern. Hwayoung just nodded to his question.

 

“Did your mom didn’t warn you not to speak with strangers little kid?” He’s back at his usual tone. Using his chance to again.

 

“I’m not a kid!” She stopped at her words when Sehun glared her. “Okay I’m sorry. Thank you for your help”

 

Walking with Sehun through the cold breeze from the bus stop, she start to shivering. And somehow when he slips his arm around her to warm her up, it feels so right. Righter than anything ever has. Lost in wonder staring at Sehun, she bumped her head on the lamp pole and fell hard.

 

In a very rare chance, she heard Sehun laugh. It makes her wanted to say funny things all the times so he would always be laughing. You know what happens to chocolate when you leave it out in the sun? In this analogy, Hwayoung is the unfortunate chocolate and Sehun, he was the sun. She melted under him and ready to get burn. 

 

That’s what happened when she were possessed by a man. All of a sudden she lost in her fantasy world— a world where she didn’t have to run from love and just embrace it. She started breaking all of her own rules, making a fool of herself. Hwayoung was okay with that.

 

“What is wrong with you today?” He asked. “Can you just act normal?” 

 

“I’m nervous okay” She said. “What...what if they didn’t like me?” 

 

Sehun looks into her eyes, “They will like you, especially Baekhyun” 

 

“Baekhyun? Why?” Hwayoung confused. 

 

“Because he will meet another person who love to talk non-stop and annoying just like him” Sehun . 

 

“How they treated your ex-girlfriend when they come to your house before?” Hwayoung just couldn’t stop her curiosity. 

 

“For your information, I never bring anyone to our house” He pause before added, “You are my first girlfriend that are lucky enough to spend time with the famous EXO” 

 

Hwayoung felt like she was being uplifted every time when she have Sehun by her side. Sometimes she wonder why she’s willing to take a risk with him, to go against all reason, ignore his bad boy side and fall in love with him. She was stuck in the idea of romance and a dreamer— she fall in love with the man that she hope one day will feel the same thing towards her. 

 

+++

 

It wasn’t as same as what she expected when she entered the apartment. She imagined the typical boys house with messy living room with a strong smell, but surprisingly they were opposite from that. She have to admit that it was kind of impressive. 

 

Except for Suho and Kyungsoo who lives with their own family, the rest of the boys stayed in this apartment. Even though they lives in the different place, they still spend their times together. All of them had their own bedroom and the apartment is quite spacious for students like them. 

 

Unlike what they thought it will be, Hwayoung had no problem in remembering each of their name. She even met with some of them the other day. It wasn’t even hard for her to be comfortable with them. It simply born at the moment when they realized that they have something in common. 

 

Like when Chanyeol said to her, "What! You too? I thought that no one like to play Mario Kart beside me”

 

“Enough with that Chanyeol” Kyungsoo smack his head. “Oh! Hwayoung, you want to help me in the kitchen?” 

 

“Sure! I’ll love to!” She smiled.

 

Kyungsoo is such a lovely boy as he is. Just like Suho, they are totally opposite from the super energetic Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Meanwhile, Kai is totally meet up to his reputation as a playboy. She cringed with him being flirty all the time. But he still a good friend too.

 

“Do you like to cook?” Kyungsoo asked. They were preparing a dinner for all them while the others are playing a VR game in the living hall. 

 

“Yes I am! Well I live alone so I really need to cook for myself” Hwayoung said. “I heard that you are the one in charge of providing a proper meal to them. Is it?” 

 

“I’m literally their mother” He sigh. “And Suho will be the father of these trouble maker child” She laughed while copping the vegetables. 

 

“What so funny?” Sehun shocked her by suddenly giving her back hug. “Mind to share with me baby girl?”

 

She shook her head while hiding her blushing face from him. But too bad, it only make Sehun close the gap between them and whispered, “I don’t like you having so much fun without me”

 

Hwayoung knew something must be off somewhere when Sehun suddenly call her sweetly like that. For a moment, she seems to forget about his existence in the house. She was having so much fun with the boys and she couldn’t believe that it really help to distract her from thinking about her boyfriend all the time. 

 

Unlike Sehun, the boys treated her nicely and there’s not even a bit that she feel annoyed with them. She glad that they welcomed her very well and treat her like a friend. They even said they have considered her as one of them. Finally, there is something good that she got from this relationship, which is new friends. 

 

Later after having their dinner, all of them sat in the living room to watch a movie together. “We don’t have a popcorn and cola!” Kai shouted. 

 

“It’s seems like we need someone to go buy for it” Sehun already look at his girlfriend, followed by everyone else. 

 

“It’s okay I can go buy it!” Hwayoung volunteered herself.

 

She head off to the convenient store nearby with Baekhyun. He was the one insisted to follow her and she didn’t mind that. In fact, it would be really helpful as she was scared to go alone. She didn’t familiar with this neighborhood and the incident that happened at the bus stop earlier add to the factor. 

 

Hwayoung couldn’t even stop laughing when she was with him. Her boyfriend was right, Baekhyun really couldn’t stop talking and he’s fun person too. He have a bright personality, she knew now Sehun said he’s annoying, it was because he like to ask so many questions. 

 

He started to ask about her relationship with Sehun, how much she like him and whether she will stay with him till the end. He must be the closest person with Sehun as it seems like he know everything about them. It started to make Hwayoung feel so uncomfortable with him. 

 

“I’m sorry if I make you feel that. I just want to help you” Baekhyun said as he noticed her face changed. 

 

“Help me?” She confused. “I don’t understand” 

 

“I never saw Sehun attach to the same girl like how he did with you, Hwayoung” He explained. “It’s not a surprise if one day he started to like you for real” 

 

“I don’t know Baekhyun” She sigh. “With him....it seems like impossible” 

 

He shook his head. “Have you ever heard about nothing is impossible?” His words has given her a new light. “You just need to be more patient with him, that’s it”

 

Meanwhile, Sehun already had his eyes glued to the door since his girlfriend left with Baekhyun. His plan was to make she went to buy it for them, but he didn’t expect for his best friend to follow her. He amazed with her capabilities to be friend with EXO in such a short times. Well he didn’t expect for them to be close this soon.

 

“You know that you don’t have to wait for Baekhyun to come home” Kai said. 

 

“It’s not him that I wait for” He replied before realized something. “....Hold up. Is this a trap for me?”

 

“Gotcha! You worried about her!” Chanyeol . “Like your girlfriend that much Sehun?” 

 

“I’m not!” He denied. “Damn it. We are not going to talk about this anymore” 

 

+++

 

The boys are enjoying their movie night in the living hall. All eyes are focus on the television, none of them are even bothered to help her in kitchen preparing the popcorn and other snacks. Done with her job, she went out to serve them the foods together with the cola that she bought earlier. 

 

It was an action thriller movie that they played that night. Hwayoung chukles, looking how comfortable they are with each other. Kyungsoo and Suho already left to their home after dinner. She saw how Chanyeol had Baekhyun head on his laps and his head on Kai shoulder. Everyone leaving Sehun on the couch alone, probably saving a space for her. 

 

She felt so soft at the view of their sweetness towards each other. It was cute she thought. Her smiles immediately faded away when suddenly Sehun pull her hand and make her to sit on his laps at the couch. He commanded, “Sit down, I can’t see the movie” 

 

He didn’t stop at that but to secure his hold on her waist tighter. It make Sehun easier to put his chin on her shoulder, kissing it slowly, making Hwayoung squirmed in her place. She felt nothing but his warmth from the slightest touch that he made, giving her another effect that only make her body shivers. 

 

“I’m not bringing you here to flirt with my friends Min Hwayoung” He said to her in a very slow voice, making sure that others are not going to hear it.

 

“Sehun...I’m not going to do that. You are my boyfriend” 

 

She brave herself to lean into his chest and lowered her body to rest her head on his shoulder. It took all her courageous to do so, just not to make Sehun angry with her. 

 

“Good to hear that. Remember, don’t even try to cheat on me” Sehun re-position her body slightly to make her comfortable and unknowingly, they were still in the same position when the movie finished. 

 

“Hwayoung, I think it is too late for you to going back home now” Chanyeol said. 

 

“Yeah...how about just stay for a night?” Baekhyun suggest, looking at Sehun for permission. “Sehun wouldn’t mind that, did you?” 

 

“I don’t know...” 

 

Hwayoung staring at her boyfriend with the hope that he will agree to it. It’s not that she desperately want to spend night with him, it just...it almost midnight and she don’t have gut to walk back to her apartment alone. 

 

He finally broke the silent. “Alright you can stay” He send a death glares to his friends before added, “But you guys have to stay away from her tonight”

 

The first night to spend at her boyfriend house can be really exciting but she found herself a little nervous too. She never really know what’s going to be happened. The worst scenario will be her boyfriend may turn out to be a real freak between the sheets. She shrugged off the thought— Sehun isn’t that bad. 

 

He gave her a new toothbrush and towel for her to clean up. Thankfully, he had his own bathroom so it is easier for her. She didn’t want to risk herself by using the main bathroom that everyone shared. It just a precaution steps not to have the other boys to see her in a less proper way. Well, she remembered when Sehun said they were just a bunch of ert boys. 

 

She had a towel wrapped on her head with a large Sehun sweatshirt that already became a semi-dress for her. He couldn’t really take his eyes off from her; she has removed her makeup and Sehun think that she just look pretty enough without it. She got his clothes, using his own shower gel, his scent already become hers....he really need to calm down. 

 

He stopped playing with his phone and get up from the bed to sit on it. He examined Hwayoung from head to toe before clearing his throat. He then laughed when she come closer. “You really look like teletubbies in that sweatshirt” 

 

“I guess this is too big for me?” Hwayoung said. “You are giant, Oh Sehun” 

 

“Come here” He pat the space beside him. “Let me dry your hair” 

 

She stopped his hand from getting closer. “You shouldn’t treat me nicely Sehun” She sigh. “You will make me fall harder for you” 

 

“Isn’t a good thing?” He started to dry her hair using the towel. “I think maybe I should treat you like this once in awhile”

 

‘Once in awhile? It should be everyday you !’ Hwayoung said to herself.

 

She would glad to receive it from her boyfriend, she really is. But she just don’t want to give her another false hope. She knew that this is temporary and the next day he will back to his cold self. People don’t change over a night, she always believed in that. 

 

With Sehun, she just have to received as much as she can from him. She didn’t know if there will be another chance for her. He never said anything to secure their relationship, which worries her. What if one day he decided to call it off? And leave her? It was so frustrating to have that mindset every day.

 

Hwayoung took one pillow and ready to leave. “Where are you going?” Sehun stopped her.

 

“I’m going to sleep on the couch” 

 

“Are you crazy? You are in the house full of boys with raging hormones Min Hwayoung” He said. “You are going to sleep here with me” 

 

“I don’t want you to say that I’m too fat and hogging the whole bed to myself later” Sehun laughed at her answers. 

 

“I’m not going to play a good boyfriend all night you know” He slipped inside the cover. “You should use this chance wisely” 

 

Hwayoung quickly jumped on his bed and slipping into the bed cover. It was so comfortable and warm. She squeals in joy thinking that it such a blessing to be able to sleep beside her boyfriend, and seeing him this close already make her heart beat faster to level that it might going to explode. 

 

Without she even realized, she has been staring into his perfect face for a while. “Sehun, you are so handsome....is this even real?” 

 

“You are so pure Hwayoung” Sehun suddenly move his body and face her directly. She gasped, didn’t know that she said that out loud. 

 

“Let just sleep” Sehun pull her neck to rest on his arm, while other slipped into her waist pulling her closer. Now knowing that he let her hug him that night, she pressed her face into his muscular chest inhaling his scent that already become her favorite. “Good night Hwayoung” He said. 

 

“Good night Sehun” 

 

With their sides pressed together and his arm around her shoulders, it was like having one foot in the past and one in the present. She feel all his warmth during that night, but she knew the next day it will be the same cold Sehun. 

 

She was sure that she will fall in love with him again like the usual. He will never fail to do the things that made her go back to him. It always do. Once again, it scared her half to death.