010

TOXIC

+The Argument+

 

Last time that she got in contact with her boyfriend was the night when everything started. He just left like that and make this as her first experience where he behaved like a total , withdrawing normal contact, forgo his normal sweet like nothing and instead ignoring her. This was the aftermath after their relatively small disagreement. 

 

She didn't hear from him till the second day and decided not to reach out since maybe Sehun needed time to cool off. He might want to be alone without her distraction for some times. Or maybe that later he will just popped up out of nowhere in front of her apartment door for surprise visit, but then she left with a false hope. 

 

The following day when she decided that his silent slowly killing her, then she sent a short funny text saying she hate fighting about something so stupid. Hwayoung was disappointed again as she heard nothing back. She then let another day pass, then text him again the following day saying that she’s sorry and she missed him. 

 

Sehun has been absent from school for few days, which was not a surprising anymore. Then when she bumped into Kyungsoo at the school cafeteria, it give her a slight hope again. Not to look rude, she politely greet him, “Hello Kyungsoo” 

 

“Oh...” He look surprised. “Hello back, Hwayoung” 

 

“Hmm did Sehun come to school today?” She fidgeting in her stand. “Just in case if you see him today” 

 

He furrowed his eyebrows slightly looking at the girl that rather look very concern over her boyfriend well being. “You don’t know? That he had a basketball match last two days and he’s resting after the match. He’s not going to school until tomorrow”

 

With her last effort, she called later that night and as expected he didn't pick up, so she left a message saying she haven't heard from him so she just wanted to make sure her boyfriend is okay with a short message to please call or shoot her a text later. But still, nothing happened.

 

Sehun must be really mad at her that make he didn’t inform her about the basketball match. She knew that he must be resting after their big match but it doesn’t meant that he should cut off all connections just like that. Even no matter how much he annoyed or tired before, he never missed to text her back. But she have been waiting for him for days, is that hard to spare even a minute for his own girlfriend?

 

She barely get a proper sleep for these days and to be honest, she’s getting tired with all of this. She let out a long sigh, quickly on her steps towards her classroom. Her face expression changed immediately when she spotted Sehun walked down the sidewalk. Finally, she could see him with her own eyes. Relived that her boyfriend are just doing great. 

 

Afraid that he will be snapped, she just followed him secretly from behind. Step by step, she noticed that the person in front of her has slower his pace and then suddenly he turned around. His gaze remains dark and unreadable as he stared into her face. She gulp. 

 

“What do you want?” He muttered expressionless. 

 

She cocked her head slightly. “Are you done with the silent treatment?” When she heard no sound from him, she call him again. “Sehun”

 

“I have nothing to say about. I don’t need to see your face for now”

 

She was trying to have a conversation but he blew up just like that, got really defensive and went on the attack. All she  asked if they could cool down and talk about it but being a boy filled with ego, Sehun told her to just leave the place. Said that he would cool down alone. 

 

Hwayoung hate that he made her like this. That she have to begged for his attention. She thought that by giving him some times he could outgrows this childish behavior, but it is unlikely to happen.

 

“You act like a kid Sehun! I’m not a fool to get this kind of treatment from you!” She raised her voice slightly. She could feel like her tears are slowly formed. 

 

“Am I?” He smirks. “Why don’t you just go to that guy then?!”

 

“I told you so many times Sehun! You are my boyfriend....that could justify enough that you are more than everything!” Hwayoung are so done with him. “Why don’t you just......trust me” Her head are lowered, fixed on the floor. 

 

“You are really stupid, you know that?” With that, he left again. 

 

In Sehun mind, she have wronged him and are no longer deserving of his attention. He wasn’t that kind of guy that will simply use words over this issue, because that will risks conflict, which he wishes to avoid at all costs. He thought that by doing that to his girlfriend he avoids the conflict he is setting in motion, ironically by ignoring her. 

 

He couldn’t describe how he feel specifically and he couldn’t explain it to her. He hate the way his rival flirt with his girlfriend, he hate when he saw how she having so much fun with Daniel. She was supposed to devote all her attention only for him, not for the other guy. It just made him so mad every single time. 

 

She told him that Daniel was just a good friend but he don’t give a fck on that. Why would she need a male friend when she already got Sehun? Being a guy, he knew that exactly how his rival looks at Hwayoung. It only meant one thing; he surely have a feeling on her. 

 

“You look like a . Bad day, huh?” Chanyeol asked him. They were chilling at the arcade nearby after school finished. 

 

Kai smirks. “Isn’t that obvious that our romeo right here having a fight with his girlfriend?” He then snap his fingers in front of Sehun face. “What’s wrong dude?”

 

“She asked me to trust her while obviously she having a good time with that Daniel guy” Sehun said with a hint of jealousy in him. 

 

“I’m not going to blame him for that” All eyes are now fixed towards Suho, who suddenly give his opinion. “She’s pretty and nice too. Isn’t that she will be a idea girlfriend that most of the guy want?” 

 

Sehun swear that if his friend said any longer, he might just give him some punch. “What the hell— she’s mine!”

 

“Then show her what she deserve. Treat her better, Sehun. We all knew how much that you love her. Remember, she might have her heart only for you now....but what about later?” Baekhyun words might sound so hurtful, but that’s the reality.

 

He hate to loose and slowly this insecurity in himself are drowning him. Because he realized someone else might tell her that she is pretty, that she is amazing, that there is no one better compare to her. Sehun would do anything to keep her away from that person.

 

+++

 

It’s probably the time for Hwayoung to just stop chasing him. That's what her boyfriend wants her to do. He likes the fact that she was losing her mind over this and he seems like enjoying the one-sided attention. Like how she desperately want his attention back. It's kinda a some kind of punishment for her. 

 

Maybe that she need to stop all the communication with him from time being. And to be honest, if he is walking away from this and this is the childish manner on how he wants to handle things, then maybe she just better off without him. Should Hwayoung just start living her life as if he isn't coming back and move on?

 

“Hwayoung.....Min Hwayoung” She finally back to reality after someone tapped on her shoulder. 

 

“You have been spacing out for the entire time” He then hold her arm softly. “Are you okay?” 

 

“Daniel” She called him. “I’m sorry but I don’t think that we can be close to each other” 

 

Hwayoung is a cheerful, friendly girl that are very independent, can be counted to be a person that can make a best decision  in her life. Not until when she met Sehun, not until when she learned what is love. She have turned to be someone that she barely even know. 

 

She have been possessed with the power of love and got blind by almost everything. She become more submissive over her lover, which made she do everything in other to make he pleased with her. It wasn’t easy to make someone that she have her eyes for years as hers, and she definitely not ready to let him go from her life. 

 

So many questions playing on her head. Especially after Sehun been ignoring her for days. Hwayoung wanted to be strong for her own sake but unfortunately she can’t, she need him. She could be hurt again from he did but she didn’t mind that. The decision that she made to not be close with Daniel is one of the thing that she will to do just for him. It wasn’t easy as she feel so guilty to her new friend, but she know it will be worth it. 

 

“You what?!!” Her best friend face are turning red from holding her angers. “Oh God! Are you stupid Min Hwayoung?”

 

Hwayoung let out a heavy sigh. “How many times should I hear people calling me stupid this day” 

 

“Who else call you that?” Her best friend finally get the whole situation. “That useless boyfriend of yours?!”

 

“Don’t say Sehun like that!” She snapped. But then slowly apologized for rising her voice to her one and only best friend. “I don’t know what else should I do”

 

Hwayoung not even surprised when her best friend told her to just break off with him. She didn’t blame her tho. She knew that her best friend just wanted the best for her. But still, she couldn’t seem to just follow her best friend advice. That’s what she been saying since earlier. That her boyfriend is a toxic and we all knew that how harmful toxic is to our life. 

 

They are not in a toxic relationship. She had made a research on what such relationship meant. It involve two other people that have different personalities, being together but it didn’t make them happy but just mostly make them suffer. It make them feel drained and sometimes even distraught. She didn’t feel that, in fact she was beyond happy with Sehun. 

 

“He never physically abuse me” She justifying as that could be one of the symptoms of toxic boyfriend. 

 

“Please be aware Hwayoung. He hurt you mentally! I don’t really think he care about you! He just wanted someone to be his girlfriend. That’s it!”

 

“But...he always do sweet things to me” She explained weakly, knowing that she couldn’t brag much about him being a good boyfriend. 

 

“Then where is him now that you need him the most?” Her best friend shake her head. “Come on Hwayoung. We both know how Sehun was before. He used to be a playboy. That was nothing for him” 

 

Her breathing are getting heavy since earlier. She couldn’t just deal with everything anymore at this point. She call her best friend name, “I appreciated how you care about me, but please just stop. He is my boyfriend and I love him. I don’t want you to talk about this again”

 

The next day, she woke up with the worst headache ever. She had spend all night crying over the fact that she was in argument with her boyfriend, just cut off her friendship with her new friend and almost lost her best friend. The last fact worried her most, since her best friend obviously so mad with her and decided not to talk to her anymore. 

 

As if she stepping into the door of hell, she felt like that would be the day that she hate most to be in the school. She wanted to cry out and tell everybody to just fck off and don’t even mind about her. The rumors have been spread around the school, that some even said that Sehun already dumped her. 

 

That’s because they didn’t saw he walk with her around the school and how Sehun has spend most of his time on basketball court, not even give a damn when her girlfriend walked by. She doesn’t have her best friend with her anymore to shut the haters mouth off like what she used to do. Hwayoung felt so lonely. 

 

It getting worst during PE class and all the students in their last year will have a combined class. There will be Sehun, Daniel and her best friend too. Where should she hide then? 

 

“Alright everyone please gather around” Hwayoung could heard the sound of the girls that talk behind her back. She just shrugged it off. “We will be playing a dodgeball first”

 

It was a match between girls in two team. The player was random chosen as the teacher want them to mix around different class. Everything was normal at first, everyone starting to play the game seriously and it’s fun. But not until the opposite team was the gang that used to bullied her before. 

 

She could feel the stares that the give before the game, as if it was a revenge game for them. As soon as the game started, they start targeting her as their victim. Her body are trembling from the attack and she don’t know how long she can stand it. 

 

Hwayoung felt so embarrassed despite the pain that she got. Most of students on the field was just laughing, not even bother to help her. It was just some unlucky time when the game that they are playing are not monitored by the teacher in charge. Hence, they could just do anything to her. 

 

“Stop....please just stop” Hwayoung weakly begged to them but the girls didn’t even bothered. 

 

She could saw from the corner of her eyes that her best friend, that maybe she can call ex-best friend, and even Daniel just stand there, doing nothing. All she could feel was a betrayal from the people that she trusted. She was crying so bad but the pain are not as much compared to what she felt in her heart. 

 

With one last power, one of the girl throw the ball harshly towards Hwayoung. She fall to the ground immediately. “Awww don’t cry . No one here to help you”

 

“Don’t you dare to lay your filthy hand on my girl” Sehun suddenly come to the scene. His gaze was so dark, it filled with so much angers. “If any girl here deserve to be called as , it will be you. Smile while you can because I’m promise that I will smash your ugly face one by one” 

 

Maybe, they just forgot that they messed up with the girlfriend of the school troublemaker. Sehun then took his handkerchief and wipe the blood that come out from his girlfriend nose. She flinch when he did that. 

 

“Come on baby girl. If no one want to take care of you, then I will” He said that out loud. There was a hidden message behind his words. “You all disgusting” He said that generally.

 

+++

 

The silent are rather calm than awkward. It just both of them in the school gymnasium, where Sehun has using his power as so-called-kingka to make everybody leave the place. With they both sat opposite each other, Hwayoung just keep her eyes on him all the time. It’s been awhile since they been so close like this. She missed him so much. 

 

Sehun didn’t said anything either. He just dust off the dirt from her clothes, treat her minor scratches and clean her face using his gym towel. It has his scent and it immediately reminds her that they were still in fight, when the last time they talked to each other. His touch are so soft that made she forgot the fact the person in front are just yelled to her the other day. 

 

“Spill it out Hwayoung” He took his hand away from her face. “Say anything that you want to say”

 

“I cut my friendship with Daniel” He surprised with her words but still keep his face expressionless. “And probably my best friend too” She added. 

 

He then curiously asked, “But why?” 

 

“She talked bad about you and....” She pause. “I don’t want you to get upset with me anymore” She referred to when he asked her to not be close with his rival.

 

“I’m glad that you did that” He patted her head affectionately. “They don’t deserve a good friend like you” 

 

Hwayoung lowered her head, feeling sad due to her friends departure from her life. “I will be lonely after this”

 

“You have me, baby. I told you that I will be there for you” He then help her to sit on his lap. “Look, I’m sorry for being a for this few days. It just that I was so afraid that he will take you from me. I couldn’t control my jealousy and burst it out to you. I hurt you, Hwayoung. I’m so sorry” 

 

“But I only love you Sehun. I wouldn’t cheat on you” She nuzzling into his neck. Her hands hold tightly into Sehun jersey as if she wouldn’t let him go anywhere. 

 

“I know now. I trust you Min Hwayoung”

 

That was the day when Sehun brought his girlfriend to stay the night at his shared apartment after everything that has happened in the school earlier. It not only made his housemates about being a gentleman, but also when they witnessed for the first time in history that Sehun cooked for someone else. 

 

It was nothing fancy but only a bow of ramen. But still, they amazed how he willingly to do that for her. As far as they have known him, he never cook for them. Mostly used his acting to get sympathy from the boys to make him some good food. Baekhyun even secretly took a picture of it and send it to Kyungsoo and Suho, to prove that their provocation the other day was rather successful. 

 

Sehun even sacrificed his time that he already planned to play Dota and PUBG games, Chanyeol already swearing at him when he told him that he will not playing it that night, that just because he lend his ears to hear her rants all night. She cried as soon as she started to tell how she met her best friend, the struggle that they have faced together, the secrets that they shared, up to the moment when she left her just like that in the classroom.

 

She was so fragile, pure and vulnerable that make Sehun want to hug her all night and tell her that it was fine to lost a friend. He told her that it wasn’t about how long that we have known that person, but how they will be with us at our weakest point. Then that is what best friend for. One that respect our decision and support it sincerely.

 

“Sehun” She called him slowly. “Can you sing for me? To make me feel better?” 

 

He chuckled. “You are just like a little girl did you know that?” He slide one hand under her head, pulling her closer into a comfort hug. “I’m not good at singing. But I can hug you all night to make your sadness go away”

 

“Can you love me Sehun?” She said out of sudden that it make him taken aback. “If you see into my eyes, you can know how much I love you. Can you feel the same towards me?” 

 

Her eyes glistening, waiting her boyfriend for an answer. “Kiss me Sehun and you will see how important I am in your heart”

 

He reached up and took a curl of her hair between his fingers. He was close enough that she could feel the warmth of his body, smell his body scent and skin and hair. She gulps in nervousness while letting her hair slip through his fingers, almost regretting on her bold question just now. 

 

Then his big, rough hand tenderly cupped her chin and suddenly his lips was on her. It just a moment where she felt that every synapse in her brain shorted out. They had kissed a couple of times before, but this was different. It was full of passionate yet sweet and very lovely. 

 

“I love you baby girl. I love so you much”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: That was crappy I don’t even want to write this plot for this chapter lol never mind that I’m going YOLO this time