007

TOXIC

+Sick Boyfriend+

 

Rolling over to both sides of his unmade bed, trying to find a perfect spot for him to continue sleeping. Feeling so unmotivated to start his day even though he already saw how bright the sun are through his transparent window. 

 

It just another cosy day when he felt like there is nothing or anybody can stop him to enjoy his free time, especially when summer break isn’t over yet. Not even when all his housemates slash his only best friends already line up in front of his bed, with not so impressive expression on them.

 

“Dude! Wake up! We have a bowling session to catch up” Kai swear this is going to be the last time he would wake him up. He’s getting annoyed already.

 

“I’m not feeling so good” Sehun groaned. 

 

He wasn’t that type of friend that will simply cut off their earlier made plans last minute especially when everyone has been excited about it. But too bad, his condition on that day didn’t allow him to do that. He’s sick. 

 

For the whole night he’s been sniffing and coughing. Only to get his sleep at dawn, that’s why it made him so sleepy when they wake him up. The fever has tone down a bit but the uncomfortable are still lingered. He just need a good rest.

 

“You’re sick. We shouldn’t leave you alone” Chanyeol concern on him. “But.....we already paid the fee for the game” 

 

He ruffles his hair making it more messy than before. “I’m not a baby . You guys can leave me alone”

 

They were torn in between. Whether to leave their sick friend alone in the house or abort their plan on playing bowling that day. Sehun condition were not that bad, but knowing that they couldn’t really rely on him surviving alone, they had to consider the second choice. 

 

He always act like the youngest in their group even though they are all in the same age. He likes to whine to everything and literally need someone to help him on his needs. Especially when he’s not feeling good. Basically he just wanted some attention from his beloved best friend. 

 

Sehun spent almost all his teenage life with these guys, more than his own family. His parents involved in a tragic airplane crash long time ago. That’s when he was in the elementary school. They all died. Leaving him the only child in the family alone, with his grandmother as his legal guardian. 

 

When he started high school, he move to city. Staying at this apartment which was left by his parents for him. Luckily they left him with all their fortune that inherited by Sehun. His might lost the most important person in his life but he glad that God replaced them with amazing friends like EXO. 

 

“Give me your phone” Baekhyun asked him hurriedly and without asking further questions, Sehun just pass the brand new iPhone to him. 

 

Scrolling into his sick friend phone tentatively, smirks as soon as he found what he looking for. They all looking at him suspiciously. Puzzled with what the most energetic member would do. The next thing they knew, he already talked to someone in the line. 

 

“Alright guys! Problem solved!” He claimed in excitement. “We can just get move and don’t have to worry about leaving him alone” 

 

“What did you do Baekhyun?” Sehun asked. He don’t really know what his friend just did. Not until he found it on his call log. 

 

Baekhyun take a step backwards, ready to hide behind the tall Chanyeol in case Sehun ready to attack him. He managed to , “Baby girl huh? I thought you said that you don’t like her?” 

 

He didn’t wait any longer before he throws out his pillow on Baekhyun for mimicking him with that annoying face. He was so embarrassed with them when they found out that he put that name as her contact number. 

 

Sehun don’t really remember when he changed it from her real name to her pet name as what his friends about. Maybe it just recently. After he kissed her the other night. Which also become the reason of why he couldn’t really sleeping so well these past days. He have to admit that somehow left an impact to him. 

 

“I don’t get it why it have to be the issue whether I do like her or not” Sehun shrugged his shoulder. “She’s already my girlfriend” 

 

Really, he getting sick with the same question every time. They keep questioning him whether he harbor a feeling towards the lady or is this just a simply stupid love game that he played on. No matter how much he look cold with his girlfriend, never across in his mind to play with her feelings. 

 

Sehun always have this mindset, where people been telling that they like each other only to pursue into a relationship. Most likely as a guaranteed to go to the next step. But is that still needed a confirmation whether he like her or not when he already skip that stage and make her his girlfriend straight away. 

 

He is a simple guy and he got no intention to make his romance life complicated as others. She never begged him to love her, at least she never ask that yet. His girlfriend are happy enough to have him on her side, what could be more important than that? 

 

Do real love really exist? Or is that really love? When it happens so fast? He sighed. Settle himself on his bed again. His mind been thinking about the same thing ever since all his housemates left. It’s not that he rejected all the common thoughts on love and relationship, but he just don’t really committed into this matter.

 

He would say it's only love— after they have been together long enough to know each other, inside and outside and how do they survive the conflicts in their relationship. And there's something to that. That part of love where they have to tolerate with each other. Learn to solve the problem together. 

 

But as complicated as it might be, he thought that when he already set his eyes on that specific person, then it's something. Call it what people want. If it turns into love, then maybe it will come later in his way.

 

+++

 

She has been staring for awhile, almost 5 minutes to be exact since she came. Then observed carefully with a hint of worries towards the love of her life. She leans her face forward, close the proximity between them. 

 

Sehun gulped. Feeling that his body were froze due to the slightest touch. And among his stillness there was a pounding heart. He never thought that his girlfriend could still give him this effect, even after several months that they have been dated. 

 

He was sleeping when she came into the house. Earlier, Baekhyun had called her and ask Hwayoung if she could be there to take care of her sick boyfriend. He was calling her using Sehun phone, without his consent. Well he shouldn’t ask her that eventually, she will be more than glad to do the deeds. 

 

She had their apartment passcode so she didn’t have to wait long before busting into his bedroom, eager to know his condition. That’s when her boyfriend abruptly getting up from his sleep and immediately leaned his back into the head of the bed. Still shocked that she was already there.

 

“Wha— what are you doing?” He swear that he could feel that his cheeks has turned red at that moment. 

 

Ignore his stuttering, Hwayoung keep caressing his cheek before landing the back of her hand into his forehead. She saw how her mother do this every time she fall sick. “You are burning up! Let’s go to the clinic!” 

 

“No no I’m fine” He trying his best to make his panic girlfriend calm down. “The boys already bought me the medicine from pharmacy” 

 

“Are you sure about this Sehun? Because you are damn hot right now” 

 

“Well technically, I’m hot all the time” Sehun might just as healthy as always if he could be cocky like this. “Anyway.....I’m hungry” 

 

She quickly get her bag and ready to go out and make an order but stopped by him. He scooted beside her before put his head on her lap. Tugging into her clothes like a little baby. “No! I don’t want you to leave me alone......cook for me sweetheart?” 

 

He whined. Hwayoung couldn’t believe that her cold boyfriend just whines to her and being overly attached to her. If he continue to be this clingy to her when he sick then it will be probably her biggest weakness.

 

So she did. She cooked for him. Even though it required her to went to the grocery store to buy the ingredients since the boys fridge was almost have nothing edible to eat. Except for the carbonated drinks and bunch of unhealthy snacks. Kyungsoo was right, the boys really need him to make them alive. 

 

Hwayoung made him a bowl of chicken porridge which she added some vegetables and seasoned it with pepper to make it taste better. She even boils some ginseng for him to drink. It was the idea of the grocery story worker, said that it’s good with those who have fever. But by judging it from the smell, she knew that Sehun wouldn’t be happy about the healthy drink. 

 

“How was that?” She had to asked him when she saw he digging into his bowl without a word. 

 

He put his spoon on the table when he finished it. “Not that bad but since you are so desperate to let me have it....yeah” 

 

Really Sehun? Supposed he was the one who desperately ask her to cook for him? Well she didn’t even care anymore. He said that all the time. That her cooking was average, nothing more or less to be told but then he just couldn’t stop eat her foods. He even requested for more. 

 

Hwayoung just wanted to smack his head for awhile. The duality that her boyfriend shown sometimes really makes her laugh on her own. He acts like he didn’t care but then always failed to do so. Just like how he finished the whole pot of the porridge. He ate it all not even leave a bit for everyone in the house, which she planned to give. She found that was super cute.

 

She was about to leave the kitchen island but Sehun even faster to grab her wrist. He spread his legs apart, pulling her to stand in between before she forcefully landed on his left thigh. He use his hand to caress her fluffy cheeks and removing some hair that become a barrier for him to see her in a full view. 

 

“What should I do with you Hwayoung?” He asked her. She wanted to reply back, but he quickly put his index finger on her lips. 

 

He added, “You could be loud sometimes. But you are so cute that I just want to hold you every time” 

 

“But mostly, you are just so annoying. My annoying little girlfriend” And he finished it with a flick on her forehead. Sehun oh Sehun, he’s really the definition of the hot and cold boyfriend.

 

Later when they finished at the kitchen, he flopped himself beside his girlfriend to join her on the couch. Hwayoung was so focus on television screen, her eyes fixed on the sight of the male hero in the drama. It was Park Hyunsik for God sake. By seeing how she squeals on that, he couldn’t just let that happen. She should give him some attention too. He’s sick after all. 

 

He hug her arm, she didn’t flinch. He then settled his head to rest on her shoulder but still got no respond from his girlfriend. While Sehun having his hard time acting all cute whining to her by drawing visible line along her smooth arm, Hwayoung in other hand trying her best not to laugh at him. She really didn’t expect that he could be this clingy when he sick. 

 

“Spend the night here” He said while intertwined their fingers all together. “I’m sick. I can’t even lift my fingers” He fake his cough.

 

She finally look into him, but with so much annoyance on her face. “You not even sick anymore Sehun” It’s true. The medicine that he took early in the morning probably working faster on the effects. Seeing his pouty face, she softened at him. “But I can stay till the boys the come back”

 

“How about stay with me forever baby girl?” Well, that escalated very quick. 

 

+++

 

Few more meters before reaching the school and she already felt like dragging the whole tons of bricks with her. She tapped her feet like a little kid, protesting to no one on the cross line waiting for the walking signal to turn into green light.

 

The summer break is finally over. She definitely didn’t like the idea of going to the school after enjoying her free time resting at home. What could be better than waking up late everyday, sneaking some times to spend with her boyfriend or even enjoying her favorite shows on Netflix. 

 

Walking into the big gate of her school, she realized that all the fantasies of her amazing break has finally over and she really need to back to focus on her studies and considering the final examination that soon she will be siting on in few months.

 

She passed few students on her way to the class but weirdly she could feel many eyes was staring into her. As far as she remembered, she wasn’t this famous before the school break. This is not normal, she thought. 

 

“God! Did you know what just happened?” She glad that she have a best friend that literally having a big mouth and a very, very honest person. Hwayoung didn’t even need to initiate the question before she blurted out everything. 

 

She shook her head responding to her best friend question. “What happened?” 

 

“Last night, Sehun just announced that you both are in relationship! Well I didn’t expect that he could be that romantic” Her best friend sarcastically told her.

 

“Wait— he what?!” 

 

Hwayoung was explained that there was a girl from their school who confessed publicly to Sehun that she like him, turned out that he actually replied. But only to make her disappear in shame when he told her that he already have a girlfriend, which he proud to announce the name, Min Hwayoung. 

 

She knew that the girls in her school would reacted like this. The stares that she has been received since morning just indicate how much they are curious with her relationship with him. Oh Sehun is a freaking heartthrob in the school, of course they will freak out to know that he is in relationship. 

 

Jealousy and bitterness or whatever they called it, that’s probably the right term of what the girls felt. They will always a competition between girls in order to get the boy that they like but when their target is taken, especially by the girl that they thought are no better than them, the girl will surely get hate automatically. 

 

It continues for few days already. The girls that calling Hwayoung a shameless never leave her alone, despite that she done nothing to them. Maybe. Except that her boyfriend was the leader of the group long time crush. They were trying to make her irritated every time they bumped to each other. 

 

They keep telling her that she was far from his ideal type, that she wasn’t even considered as pretty. Or they would simply tripped her feet to make Hwayoung fell on the ground and then make a feast of laughing at her non-stop. Those are who we called queenka during high school. 

 

A group of girls that self claimed that they are the prettiest and thought that everyone will bow on them, but mostly they are just plainly stupid. Like when their math teacher just scold them publicly by getting an average 4/50 marks on the recent test while Hwayoung proudly been called a smart one when she aced the test by getting a full mark.

 

Of course they wouldn’t just to keep silent on that matter. They keep bullying and torturing Hwayoung as much as they can. She didn’t fight back, considering that she always been thought not to use violence and they really not worth to ruin her glorious good student image. 

 

She don’t really want to whines to Sehun about everything, she hate being that type of girlfriend to him but she couldn’t hide it anymore when he asked her about those bruises on her leg, the one that they tripped her and make her fall. 

 

He didn’t do much like yelling to them or publicly embarrassing them like he always did, thanks to his girlfriend request. She have a noble heart he must admit that. But what the Hwayoung aware was the next day that was freaking out on her because Sehun and his group put frogs with a mud in package in each of the girls locker.

 

By only recalling the scene enough to make Hwayoung and her best friend laugh again. “I have to say that your boyfriend idea was indeed the bomb! Her face...was so freaking funny!”

 

“What so funny about that?” They were startled when the girls that they have been talking about suddenly making an appearance. “Yah Hwayoung let me ask you something” 

 

“Are you really in a relationship with Sehun?” The brunette girl who also the leader of the group asked. 

 

“Are you that stupid or wait— you are indeed stupid! Of course they are in relationship! Sehun said that by himself!” Hwayoung best friend replied that for her, she always be her protector. 

 

“Shut up loner! I didn’t ask you!” She come closer, just like a prey hunting for its victim. “Did he even kiss that ugly lips of yours?” She smirks. 

 

“We kiss all the time!” Hwayoung clear then add, "We just...do it in private."

 

A smug expression crosses that brunette face. "I don't buy it for a second, because if I were his girlfriend and have a hot boyfriend like Sehun, I would kiss him in front of the girl in this school as a reminder."

 

"A reminder of w-what?" Hwayoung asked. She could sense a fear of insecurity in herself. 

 

"That he is mine” This girl literally had no shame on expressing her thought. A was called like that because of her shameless attitude. Sehun even rejected her several time. “Did he even have say that he actually love you?” 

 

She caught her off guard and Hwayoung know that she don’t even have the answer for that question. 

 

+++

 

He has been looking for her everywhere but still couldn’t find his girlfriend. After another quarreling with her best friend, he found out about everything that happened earlier and he thought that she probably need him, or maybe not. 

 

Sehun had no idea what to do when he finally found her sitting on the bench at the field alone, arms crossing on her chest while he could clearly saw that she was spacing out. He then decided to take a sit beside her. 

 

“Ah— I thought I was the only one who like to be alone at this place” He said as he recalled the moment that she brought him his lunch from the cafeteria. She was very cheerful at that moment, not this gloomy.

 

“What’s wrong with you Hwayoung?” He genuinely asked. She didn’t said anything, only to shook her head telling that she was just fine. He didn’t buy it, of course. “Hell no we have been together for quite long. I could just read it from your face” 

 

“Nothing Sehun, nothing” She said expressionless without even looking at him. 

 

He thought that if that wasn’t working then maybe he could just try something else. He pouted and started to annoy her with his not-so-working aegyo. “You are lying.....Min Hwayoung are lying!” 

 

She glared at her boyfriend like she was about to punch him on his face, but then she did something that surprised Sehun even more. She kissed him out of sudden. “I love you Sehun. Do you ever feel the same as mine?"

 

Finally after few months in that relationship, she finally said the three words. Even though Sehun already knew it, she always make it obviously that she love him more everything, more than when she had a major crush on him. 

 

She waited for a few minutes for the frozen Sehun for his answer but as she even predicted, he didn’t said anything. She told him that she already knew that reaction from him. What should she ever expect? Sehun don’t really like her. Being a girlfriend was just a title. Nothing much. 

 

Hwayong ran. As far as she could go. But she kindly forgot that her boyfriend was a runner for the school team. He reached to her in just no time. “Wait Hwayoung...please listen to me first” 

 

She cried and Sehun could feel that his heart are clenching to the sight of his girlfriend crying over him. He pulls her into a hug, a comfort one. He soothes her back and tighten his grip on her. He wouldn’t let her go, not only that day but he promise that for forever. 

 

“I care about you a lot. I need you so please don’t leave me Hwayoung” He said calming her in between her tears. “You means something in my life. About my feelings.....please give me some times”

 

Just like a calm after a storm, Hwayoung really feel better after hearing that from Sehun himself. Maybe she shouldn’t have to wait to hear that three words from him but instead just enjoying his other way of expressing his affection towards her. 

 

Her eyes are getting swollen from too much crying and he knew that there is no point for her to comeback to her class again, she will not even be able to concentrate. So what he did was he make his innocent girlfriend to skip school with him. 

 

She didn’t have a chance to ask anything but one thing she knew was she will be regretting this. Being a good student, she never playing truant in her life and her dangerous boyfriend just made her to do that. He so going to get a good lecture from her later. But for now she wanted to enjoy the thrills, just like Bonnie and Clyde. 

 

They didn’t do anything much to her expectations. She thought that he will bring her to the arcade or sneak into a club or poker house just like what the bad boy in drama does. But just him bringing her to the ice cream shop, as he said that it’s the best remedy to cool down. 

 

Even though that her day didn’t started with a good ones but she happy enough to have another sweet memories with her boyfriend. He sent her to her apartment building as usual, never forget to kiss her as he bids a goodbye. She noticed that every time she upset with him, he will just give her a kiss to make it up. 

 

“Ah! I forgot to buy that!” Hwayoung turns around and saw that Sehun wasn’t there anymore. It just means that she have to go the convenient store alone that night. 

 

She went to the fridge immediately and grab her favorite banana milk as usual. It happened that she run out of stock in her house. What a day without having it as her daily dosage? Clearly she was so happy to have it and being a clumsy person, she was bumped into a stranger on her way back to her apartment. 

 

“I’m sorry!” She quickly said that to the stranger. Luckily she didn’t spilled the drink that person. 

 

“It’s okay! Really, this is just a small matter” This stranger really had a good manner she thought. He then look surprised when he saw the school badge on her uniform. “You are in that school too? Hey I’m new there!” 

 

After changing a few question, she found out that he is in the same year as her and coincidentally will be in the same class. He will be enrolled starting tomorrow. 

 

“My name is Daniel by the way. Kang Daniel” He said with a sweetest smile on his handsome face. “I hope that we could be a friend!”

 

Uh-oh Sehun, you better figure it out fast. Because it seems like you just got yourself a competitor! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: A little bit of spoiler for the next chapter hehe its Kang Daniel! Who else love him? Kyaaaa

I was celebrating Eid for these few weeks so I have no time to update. I’m so sorry but here’s the new chapter! Enjoy your reading and don’t forget to comment and upvote :)