BONUS: THE WEDDING

TOXIC

+Bonus: The Wedding+

Please upvote the story if you haven't ;)

 

 

 

"Did you get her pregnant?"

 

"Dad!" Hwayoung screamed at her father jokes during the dinner time.

 

Two weeks after she agreed to take their relationship to the next level, Sehun suggested for them to pay a visit to their parents house. After all, he is going to marry their daughter and there is no way better other than getting their blessing.

 

So here they are, at their parents house at Brisbane, Australia, sitting together at dining hall for the dinner while Sehun-- he chocked on his drink when Hwayoung father bluntly asking him that question. Of course he would not dare to make their daughter pregnant before they get married (even if he did not mind to take the responsibility earlier than they intended to).

 

"Relax young man. I'm just kidding!" Hwayoung father explained, still laughing at Sehun reaction.

 

Hwayoung mother on the other side was just shaking her head and try to make Hwayoung better by saying, "I'm sorry son, he love to tease his only princess like that. Don't worry Hwayoung, we love Sehun"

 

"Ugh Dad! I will make you sure you wear Santa suit on my wedding the next time you jokes something like that again!" She throwing her tantrum towards her father.

 

Sehun find it cute that Hwayoung have another side of her when she with her family. Being an independent girl, she always potrays a brave, dependable, strong girl while living alone in Seoul while all her family way accross the ocean. Hwayoung may felt alone at the city but she is lucky, at least she still have her family with her while Sehun was left with no parents when he was kid.

 

The fact that he get comfortable with her family leave a soft spot on his heart. Her father treat him like he's their son and how Hwayoung mother pampered him will all loves that he did not experience previously, he knew that his decision to build a family with her is not a wrong move.

 

Later at night, Sehun followed his future father in law to chill at the rooftop of their house, chilling under a night sky with a cup of hot choclate that Hwayoung prepared for them. Instead of feeling nervous or scared, (he heard a lots from his friends that meeting girlfriend famliy is not an easy task) he felt very relaxed having a men-to-men session together.

 

"I know that you are the guy that once broke my daughter heart" As Hwayoung father started the conversation.

 

"Sir--" Sehun was taken back, he never expected that.

 

He patted Sehun shoulder lightly, signalling for him to go easy. "Hwayoung never tell us bad about you. We found out by chance. She love you, Sehun. She love you that much that she kept it all by herself. When she suddenly come back to home that time, we asked her if she have any problem back in Seoul. But my princess is being herself, a cheerful daughter that never worried us, she said that she is fine"

 

"But then I noticed that she was not herself. She smiled in front of us, but she's crying when she's alone at her room. I remembered that I walked passed her bedroom and heard a shattered glasses on the floor. I was so worried but she just laughed it saying that she accidentally broke her expensive Dior perfume. Hwayoung even swearing to make it real"

 

"The next day we came to her room and found out that the broken glass was your photo frame. Her mother was so shocked when she recognized it was you, Sehun. Don't get too excited, my wife is your fan" Sehun find it amazing that her father can still put his joke during his serious talks.

 

"I was so mad at that time, knowing that someone outhere was the caused for my daughter sadness. But her mother calmed me down, she said that this is teenage-romance business. We should have not interfere on your business and Hwayoung is mature enough to handle it. So we agreed when after 2 years she said she want to come back to Seoul. Because we knew that she still left part of her there, with you"

 

"I-- I'm sorry. I have no excuses but-- I'm so sorry" Sehun had his head hanging low, feeling guilty for his past action.

 

Hwayoung father sipped his drink and just smile. "The reason that I'm telling you this is to remind you that she really love you. Another thing is that please remember that Hwayoung is so precious. That is why I wish you can take care of her just like I protect her with my whole heart" He is crying and from that moment itself, Sehun know that he have to cherish Hwayoung just like how her father love her.

 

During his stay at her family house, he learnt that their family is simple but very lovable towards each other. Hwayoung have her father who work as Chemist proffessor at local uni, her mother as full housewife and her only sister that are currently studying at local engineering college pursuing her bachelor degree.

 

Sehun adore how her father implant the importance of having a meal together as they can enjoy each other presence while enjoying a homecooked meals. He can clearly saw that Hwayoung followed her mother traits as she able to organize the family well, another point of why Sehun thinks that marrying her is definitely one of the best decision that he made.

 

He spent 30 minutes on the couch with Hwayoung mother telling about himself (most of it about how s, EXO and her mother low-key asking him if he can FaceTime Suho just to see his face). Even though he kind of felt betrayed that her mother bias is Suho while Hwayoung father told him that she is a fan of him; but he still trying his best to get Suho on call with his future mother in law. Well, he need to do best to score more marks as the best son in law award.

 

Before anything become more absurd that it already is, Hwayoung decided that she need to save Sehun from her parents weird request. She had enough when her father ask her boyfriend if they can go for night fishing session and her mother, being a proud fans to get Sehun singing Overdose on karaoke.

 

She took him to rest at her bedroom, thank God that her parents was so open about them sharing the same room at their house. Tomorrow they will spend their day to go walks around the city before coming back to Seoul. Sehun is a celebrity with a busy life-- Hwayoung could not be more selfish to get him on leave that long.

 

"My future wedding journal..." Sehun read the title of the notebook loudly as he pick up the book from the shelve. "What is this Hwayoung?"

 

She run across the room to get the book from his grip. “Oh no! You should have not seen it. This is stupid” Hwayoung hide her face on her pillow due to the embarrassment.

 

“Hey, babe, this is not stupid” Sehun trying to make her feel better. "Is it your diary?"

 

She nodded. "Kind of-- I used to write my ideal wedding imagination back then. Ugh it so cringe I feel so stupid writing it"

 

“Hwayoung, listen to me. It’s your dream and no one have right to judge your own dream. And I would like to make your dream come true”

 

 

“You do Sehun?” She hesitate but being obvious on her excitement.

 

“Anything that will make you happy, baby"

 

Every girl will have their ideal wedding imagination that she always dream of. It usually full of glittering, fancy lights, beautiful flowers and mostly very magical. So does Min Hwayoung. She had all planned for her future wedding. It just she never let her partner know as he may think that her plan is stupid.

 

Throughout the process of planning her wedding, Hwayoung wanted it to be a fairy tale.She didn't want to just have a regular old wedding. She knew that the most important aspect of a ceremony and reception was to be memorable and she devoted every second of her planning to determine what her guests would most enjoy. That will be the crucial part.

 

She did pointed out to Sehun that she want make sure everyone will enjoy the reception and did not regret that they make it to their wedding. However, her groom thought that she was thinking about others too much and that she should concentrate more on what would make her happy. In any way, this should be their special day, not others.

 

In her whole life, Hwayoung had been thinking of how to make other have a better time and she felt like she wasn't going to ditch that now just because she'd getting married. Sehun loved how selfless she was and it was one of the reasons he wanted to marry her, but he figured she wouldn't be so accommodating on their own wedding day. He want the best for Hwayoung, she do deserve the best in the world.

 

Sehun glad that he able to convince her to plan out according to preference, so she she scrapped every convention of what a wedding meant and started from scratch. The venue, the guest list, their attire. Being a supportive fiance, Sehun just stepped back (with his credit card on her control, of course) and watched Hwayoung make magic happen.

 

+++

 

The grass is a lucious green and perfect neat kept, the table set were wrapped with golden-fine linen imported from the Italy itself, with crafted silver cutlery and fresh flowers was blooming all around the garden as a string quartet plays.

 

All the boys from EXO members is honoured as the groom best mens, all looking perfect with their tailored made suit, to match with Sehun exclusive Tom Ford white suit.

 

"What if I cry now?" Baekhyun was restless since earlier and the members are getting annoyed with him.

 

Kai is the first one to smacked his head. "You are not the one who will get married!"

 

"Sehun is my best friend, how come I'm not being emotional on his big day? I can't believe that he is getting married today" Baekhyun defend himself, still sobbing with his head on Sehun shoulder.

 

"At this rate, I probably need to marry both Hwayoung and you, Baekhyun" Sehun laughs.

 

"How is it, Sehun? How is it feels to marry her?" Kyungsoo, the wisest one asked.

 

Sehun could not help but to put his best smiles. "Amazing. This is the best day of my life"

 

The lights in the hall were set dimmed as to give spotlight to the main alley for the bride to walk in. It was covered with roses petals along the way towards the main stage where the groom will wait. In a glance, those who know Hwayoung personally will aware that this is from her magical ideas itself.

 

All the guests were located at each sides, half at the east wing and half west wing of the venue. At the centre of hall there is a small clear-glasses podium covered in soft pink crystal: First row dedicated for Hwayoung and Sehun family while the second row for EXO members and bride closest friend.

 

Each one them holding a Calla Lily flower on their hand, as provided by the bride and groom for the event. It was full planned and organized by Hwayoung herself.

 

“Am I late? Where can I get the flower?” Baekhyun was greeted by stranger on the podium.

 

“Who are you?” He asked confusely as this podium should be seated by close friends and family only. She could be Hwayoung bridesmaid, but he already saw Rose with the bride earlier.

 

“I’m cousin Hwyaoung. I'm kinda late thank God the event is not started yet” The unknown girl hair was a bit messy, as if she just run out accross the city to get to the venue and the fact that she have her eyeline smudged, bother him a lot.

 

“Well, cousin Hwayoung, no one gives a if you’re late. No one knows who you are” Baekhyun is getting more pissed when the girl seems did not know who he is. As far as he know, no one act this calm when they seated behind the famous EXO.

 

She rolled her eyes, "Rude". Baekhun, being the normal Baekhyun we all know, will never let this pass as he want to fire back.

 

Meanwhile at the bride changing room, "Are you sure about this, Min Hwayoung?" Rose asked Hwayoung with her serious expression on her face.

 

"Holly , Rose, you waited five minutes before my wedding to start to ask that question?" Hwayong may look angry but she was just too nervous that she let out her grumpyness towards her best friend.

 

"Jeez, woman, you have to be relax" She jokes. "You will look perfect with Sehun at the altar"

 

Hwayoung cannot be relax but instead being more nervous than she already is. "What if I trip on the aisle? Or my heels suddenly broken?"

 

"You are wearing Christian Louboutin heels for God sake. It would not broken Hwayoung!" Rose surely a perfect match that can be the only person after Sehun that can calm her down. "Now you have to be confident and walk the aisle elegantly"

 

The host introduce her family, both of Hwayoung parents and her sister, Sehun grandmother and EXO members as introduction before the main event. All guest then were asked to stand up to the groom and bride will soon entering the place. All of the members quickly take their place at the entrance of the hall to walk with the bridal later.

 

Sehun was sweating while waiting for Hwayoung to arrive. They have agreed that the bridal will walk together on the aisle followed by the bridesmaid and groomsmen. It is a foreign feeling for him, to be very excited but nervous at the same time, to be very happy yet his tears is threatens to fall; he never felt like this. And when he turns around to see the love of his life for the first time that day--

 

He went speechless.

 

"Wow" His first reaction was very sentimental.

 

"Look at you baby--" Sehun did not realized that he is crying.

 

"You are so beautiful" Hwayoung is always pretty in the eyes of Sehun, but today she look exceptionally breathtaking; dreamy and everything that he can ask for. She is so amazing.

 

"Let's do this baby" He kissed her forehead softly before they walk the path.

 

+++

 

The bridal party enters beginning with Hwayoung bridesmaid, Rose her best friend and her sister behind them and followed by the groomsmen at the back. The choir starting to play Hwayoung favorite wedding song, Can't Help Falling In Love orchestra version while the walking through the aisle.

 

As they walk gracefully on the aisle that covered by theatrical smoke and fog, a group of butterflies were let go to flies above them. With additional of everyone holding the Calla Lily flower, it really felt like they are in garden of paradise.

 

When the song come to the end, the bridesmaids and groomsman who walk in together split and the bridal step into their ceremony positions centered in front of the officiant. Hwayoung extends her right hand, left hand to held the flowers, and Sehun to holds it.

 

"We shall begin the ceremony with the vows from the bride and groom" The officiant started. His eyes were glistened with tears of happiness, his smile never fades. Sehun takes a deep breath before begin his vows.

 

“My love, today here we stand, in front of our friends and family, with our future before us, and I know I only want to spend it with you. My best friend, my soulmate, my partner.

 

Hwayoung, I will never stop wanting you. I will never stop desiring you. I know that sometime you will driving me crazy, that is you darling. But as we grow older, so will our love will mature together and deep connection stronger and more potent than physical need. That journey, from now until then, starts here.

 

Being married isn’t about time, and it isn’t about plans, or a perfect life. It’s about you and me saying boldly and clearly, this is it. You and me. No matter what happens, we will be together. And even though I wish I had fifty years with you, I’ll take what I can get. Because every day with you is a gift and you are my best gift”

 

It is Hwayoung turns for her vow.

 

"My darling, Oh Sehun. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world. I love your ambition, your strong will, and the way you look at me. I love that you have a tough exterior, but the gentlest heart.

 

Even that sometimes you are entirely unpredictable, and I’m not sure what you’re about to do next, I know that it will make me smile. I love you for talking me into all of ‘my’ best decisions. I love you for making me the best version of myself and for always believing in me.  

 

I promise to be supportive on your bad days and to celebrate the good ones. I promise never to keep score, even if I know I’m winning. Because we are in this together. I promise to build a life together that is far better than either of us could imagine alone. I promise to respect you and cherish you and to love you unconditionally forever"

 

The guest were touched by their vows that even Rose, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were crying during their speech. As they were there during their ups and downs in their relationship, today felt like winning day for them. They experienced so many challenges, break-up, and the fact they endured it until this day is very emotional not only for Sehun and Hwayoung, but also for the their friends.

 

“Do you take Min Hwayoung to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

 

“I do” Sehun did not hesitated a bit.

 

"And will you take Oh Sehun to be your husband?"

 

"Yeah I do"

 

"I announce you both as husband and wife. You may kiss the--" They did not have to wait for it to be announce before they shared the kiss.

 

They held the after party at the beach at the resort later at evening time. It was privately held only for closest friends and family of the bride and groom. They had it more relax, just for them to catch up with each other.

 

EXO members also has prepared for Sehun and his now called wife with a performance; Baekhyun and Kyungsoo sing the bride and groom favourite songs and the rest of them acted as Sehun back up dancer while he surprised Hwayoung with a dancing performance. He also tried to be romantic by giving her a red-rose flower at the end of it.

 

“Just because we’re getting married now, it is no way means an end to our romance. I promise to never, ever be boring.” He may be spontaneous but Hwayoung face are now red too mush blushing from her husband sudden romantic gesture. The main event of the evening is a slow dance time.

 

"Hello Mrs Oh" He greeted her first as Sehun invited her for a dance.

 

"Wow, that's new. And hello to you to Mr Oh"

 

They had their bodies press together as they got carried away by the music, wallowing and clutching at each other, speak nothing but sweet words, laughing like giddy grade-schoolers. The light of the ballroom them were dimmed and focused only to them; making them the highlight of the night.

 

Once Hawayoung eyes had adjusted to it, and she could see once again, she propped herself up on both her arms on Sehun neck and noticed that her husband had gone quiet and was staring at her. It made her self-conscious, but she was unable to look away once their eyes had met.

 

"Wow, are you really my husband?" Hwayoung teased, reaching down to run her hand along his impressive six-pack. But Sehun caught her hand in his just before she touched him, startling her. When she looked into his eyes once again, his expression was intense, almost threatening.

 

For a moment, Hwayoung thought maybe he was angry, but before she could ponder it further, he yanked her to him and covered with his in a hungry kiss. She responded immediately. His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer, and it is magical that it felt like fireworks glowing inside her from the touch of his lips. He tasted tentatively with his tongue, and Hwayoung opened with a low moan.

 

"You complete me, Hwayoung"

"In our own magical world, Sehun"

 

They had intertwine their soul in the name of love.




 

 

A/N: I just started another EXO x OC new story and this time ft Baekhyun. Please show some loves for the story. The link as below:

 

Darling - https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1425203/darling