006

TOXIC

+Summer Camp: Part 2+

 

Girls and their fascination with boys physical attractiveness is essential. We are drawn to those who have a flawless face with a good hairstyle, a visual that are very pleasing for our eyes. It is said that most of the girl wish to have a good looking boyfriend, but for Hwayoung, it wasn’t the only criteria to classify one of the best for the girl. 

 

The important of the appearance— she believe that is only part of the truth. A perfect boyfriend should be someone who possessed both good looking appearances and good attitude. She’s got a very handsome boyfriend, but too bad it just a boy whose voices were filled with sarcasm, coldness, and arrogance. Does a perfect boyfriend exist? 

 

They said that she is the luckiest girl on earth for having such a boyfriend like Sehun, well if you talk about his face yes it is. He’s the most handsome guy in their school and Hwayoung herself are falling for his appearance in the first place. But what they didn’t know is, having a good looking boyfriend could actually be the biggest threats for her. 

 

“Oh my God look at his perfect face! I really want to kiss him!” The girl were squealing when they saw Sehun.  

 

“Yes! I wonder how it feels to have his lips on mine!” Another voice supported her. 

 

Hwayoung felt so disgusting to heard it. Those hoes literally had no shame when expressing their lustful compliments towards him. That morning all of the students had a briefing on first aid learning and Sehun was selected to be model to do all the demonstrations. 

 

It seems like his fangirls were all feeds very well on that day, because he was just literally shirtless. His perfect abs was shown and those girls can’t help but drooling. That’s what making Hwayoung mad. She should be the only one to admiring her boyfriend body, it supposed to be exclusively for her, not everyone. 

 

“Okay now we are moving to the next lesson which is....CPR” The instructor told everyone. “I need another person to demonstrate it” 

 

“Me! Me! Let me do this!” Oh no, not that girl! Hwayoung are not going to let that girl to do CPR to her boyfriend. She’s going to kiss him, Hwayoung know that well.

 

With a flirty gestures that the girl made, it was so obvious that she volunteered herself just for Sehun. She said, “I can be the one who give CPR to him” 

 

If evil had a laugh, Hwayoung sure that it would be the sound. This is not the first time that it happened. In fact, she almost lost her count on those bimbos trying to flirt in public with Sehun. They will do anything just to get his attention. They worshipped him as is he was like the most perfect guy in the world. 

 

They would follow him everywhere, want to be his partner in every camp activities, trying very hard to impress him, but too bad Sehun was too ignorant to give a damn. He was changed— Hwayoung had to admit that. He didn’t flirt with any random girls anymore and she love that. They might like him for his perfect visual but they didn’t aware about his savageness. 

 

Like when he suddenly spit fire to them. “No thanks I don’t want your disgusting face get closer to mine” He quickly get up from the stretcher. “I would rather die than having you giving me CPR” 

 

For the first time in forever, she seems like agree with Sehun sarcastic remarks. He was bad for acting like that in public but at the same time Hwayoung glad that he rejected her. That girl who got humiliated by him quickly leave the place with a red face, probably from holding her angers too much. 

 

Everyone there was laughing at the awkward scene that just happened. Poor girl, she was so embarrassed on what he did to her. Meanwhile Sehun just act like nothing affected him and making his way to sit back with his clique. Once a while take a glance towards his girlfriend, making her blushing instantly. 

 

Within these few months, Hwayoung herself still didn’t believed that this guy whom she had crush for years, has become hers. Eventually, she didn’t mean to fall in love with him. But it happened. And yet she can’t erase it or ignore it. She have lived her life like this, and he is the person that has made Hwayoung wish it could stop. Before it’s getting too late. 

 

“Can I ask you something?” Her best friend asked when they’re having their lunch together. 

 

“Of course you can! So what’s up?” Hwayoung replied while separating vegetables on her plates. 

 

Her best friend shake her head looking at her doing that, “Did you love him, your boyfriend?” 

 

“I think I am” She didn’t hesitated on her answer. She knew that it was the right answer, always. “Why are you asking that?” 

 

“Have you tell him that? That you actually really love him?” 

 

Never. She never told him that she actually love him that much. That she was so whipped with the boy named Oh Sehun, her so called boyfriend. Someone that made her do anything for him, because of the love that she labored into. But she never say that 3 words to him. 

 

With him, it's different. It changed her to someone that she barely even known right now. She can see the rest of her life before her eyes and that scared her a little. Boy don't usually tame her wild heart but somehow she crossed her path with Sehun and it never been the same since. Love has made her become like this. 

 

He was not only make her heart flutters at every moment, but also at the point that she think that she might get a heart attack one day. Especially when he always appeared out of nowhere, like when suddenly he was there at their table, whispering behind her ear. 

 

Never trust with girls gossip, he had to asked her whether his girlfriend and her best friend did really talked about him. Sehun always had this mindset that his girlfriend best friend never like him and will always find her way to make Hwayoung leave him. He might be true about the hate part, but his girlfriend best friend never asked her to break up with him. She knew how much Hwayoung love Sehun.

 

“Really? Are you sure Min Hwayoung?” Sehun asked, leaned his face closer making her eyes blinking nervously. 

 

“Excuse me Mr Annoying but you are interrupting our lunch” Her best friend rolled her eyes at him. “Can’t you just leave?” 

 

“I only come here for my girlfriend, so please just shut the fck up” He glares at her best friend back. “I have to take care of my princess here. If you are so jealous then maybe you can just find yourself a boyfriend?” He smirks. 

 

She didn’t ask much but only for both of them to stop bickering with each other. As much as her best friend despise Sehun, he was just as same as her. Hwayoung already fed up with them hating on each other. “Can’t you guys just be nice towards each other? For the sake of me......and world peace?”

 

Hwayoung immediately goes silent when both of them glaring at her idea, simultaneously that it give her goosebumps. A plan to reunite both of them, maybe she need to postpone it. She chuckles when saw their reaction, both of them are so serious when it comes to protect her. With her best friend on her full defensive mood and her boyfriend....he just need some unnecessary attention.

 

Sehun didn’t stay long at their tables. He left after changed his plate with hers. He didn’t smile but to keep with his annoying resting face. But what he did earlier almost made Hwayoung almost bursts into tears. He knew that his little princess didn’t eat vegetables and always, always had a trouble on eating the foods with full of it. 

 

So what he did is, he already separate the vegetables in his plate, looking for Hwayoung in her table and swap his foods with her girlfriend plate. “It’s so irritated to see you picking up the vegetables slowly like that. Next time, instead of using up all of your lunch time, you better don’t eat at all”

 

Once he left, her best friend nudge her. “Hwayoung, I think I know what type of boyfriend he is” Hwayoung furrowed her brows at her, confused with her sudden statement.

 

“Tsundere type” 

 

+++

 

Their last night highlighted activity will be the night of performance. The most awaited activity in every camp. It will be the chance for students to show their talents whether in singing, dancing, acting or any other kind. A time where it every one enjoying the performances while having their BBQ session, as to wrapped their summer camp. 

 

“Trust me, there is no better time than high school” Their teacher stated in his speech. 

 

He added, “Everyone will leave and the chance of meeting our friends like we used to will be decrease, it wont be as easy as before as everyone will starting choosing their own path in their life” 

 

“So for the rest of months left, you guys should used it wisely. Spend it with your friends and enjoy your time to the fullest. Because one day later, when everyone is entering the adulthood, you guys will miss this moments. The high school life” His speech literally make everyone sobbed. It was so accurate. 

 

It was more meaningful as this might be their farewell camp night too, since everyone will leaving the high school in few months later. A campfire was build in the camp base, with students sit in circle around it. Soothing night with an acoustic songs play by the teacher, while the students humming to the song together.

 

That night also witnessed the moments of EXO very first performance as a whole group, where it surprised everyone including Hwayoung. She never knew that they could perform, so as anyone else. Not to be brag but she have to acknowledge that her boyfriend definitely has a hidden gem inside him. He dance very, very well! 

 

They sang a cover song from Bruno Mars and it was beyond amazing. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo has the most amazing voices, with the help of others as the lead vocal and the combination of Kai and Sehun dancing skills— spectacular. At this rate they will even debut to their own group and become the kpop idol. Finally, they have something they are good at, apart of their bad reputation in the school. 

 

“Hwayoung, I could see Sehun staring at you for the whole time” Her classmate whispered at her. 

 

“I don’t think so” She denied her. “Maybe he’s just looking around” 

 

After a while, she finally lifted her chin up and scanning for her boyfriend. He was there sitting in between Chanyeol and Baekhyun, his eyes fixed on one direction. Her classmate were right, he really watched her for the whole time and the thought itself make her blushing. Thankfully that it was dark and make it less visible. 

 

Earlier today her best friend told her about the tsundere stuff. That she thought Sehun is just like the Japanese anime character. A character who wants to be the best to their secret love, but for some reason can’t reveal their feelings. So they act cold in front of them. 

 

Did Sehun really like that? Is that the reason why he acted like a bad boyfriend to her? Because he can’t reveal his feelings? She shrugged the thought off as she prepared herself to sleep in the tent. After the 3 days tough activities, this will be the night that she finally able to sleep without disturbances. 

 

Or maybe not. One thing that make the camp as the best base camp is; this place has a good communication signal. They finally have the authorization to use their mobile phone after few days.

 

To: Hwayoung

Meet me outside the tent. Don’t forget to bring torchlight and wear your sweater, its cold. 

 

“Is he crazy or what? This fcking place is so dark and what the hell that he want to meet me at this hour” 

 

Hwayoung muttered to herself as she making her way to find Sehun. Using the torchlight as the guidance, she continue to the area of the side camp, where he promised to meet her there. It was midnight and the sky has gone darker. Wandering alone like this in the jungle definitely wasn’t her favorite. 

 

Her footsteps are getting heavier, she wasn’t sure as this is the right place that Sehun told her. There is no one there. All she could heard was the sound of insects that she didn’t even bothered to recognize, sound of the leaves brushing around and suddenly....

 

A sound that calling her name. So slow that it almost the same as the typical whispering in the ghost thriller movie. Min Hwayoung....Min Hwayoung. She clearly heard that. 

 

“Sehun?” She called. “Is that you?” 

 

No answer. She started to shaking. And suddenly there is a hand tapped on her shoulder. 

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH” She was screaming as loud as she can but weirdly the sounds didn’t come out of . 

 

That’s when she realized that there was a large hand covered , preventing any sound coming out from it. When she saw that the owner of the hand having his good time laughing his off, that’s when she aware that Sehun just pulled a prank on her. She bite his hand and kick his leg in respond. 

 

“You freaking dumb Sehun do you think it was funny? I almost get a heart attack just now you know! You really want me to die huh? Screw you Oh Sehun! I hate you!” Nothing stopped her to cursed him, her own boyfriend. 

 

He didn’t stop laughing at his girlfriend who seems are very mad right now. “It’s a chance for me to get a new girlfriend then!” She send him a death glares.

 

“That was funny! You should see your reaction!” He only stopped when Hwayoung turns her feet and started to leave. He grab her hand, “Alright alright I’m sorry okay?” 

 

She didn’t buy it at all. Freaking Oh Sehun. Damn it she still in shocked with the prank. “I’m promised that I won’t do it anymore” 

 

“Please.....baby girl?” He back hug her and that’s the end. She lost it. 

 

Lie down outside the tent with no lights but only by the light from the bright moon, that was the best beautiful moment in her life. The silences of the night wasn’t scared her anymore, nothing could do since she got her boyfriend beside her, as a assurance of her safety, protecting her as he intertwined her fingers with him.

 

They do some stargazing. They are amazed at how bright the stars are. Hwayoung had pointed out a star, told him that she want to name it as their couple star, but only to be rejected by him. He said that she was too childish by doing that.

 

“What is your plan after high school?” Hwayoung asked, to start the conversation. 

 

“Find a new girlfriend” He said that expressionless. Unlike his girlfriend who already felt her heart was stabbed by a sharp knife. “Lol that was joke Hwayoung. Don’t worry too much. As long as you good to me, I won’t find someone else” 

 

He squeeze her hand to reassure his promise. “I’m thinking about being an idol, well, EXO we have the same dream. We even plan to go audition together” 

 

“You want to be an idol?” She asked to confirm. Didn’t expect that answer from him. “That’s cool!” 

 

“Really? You think so?” Sehun eyes blink in admiration. “It just....hard to see people to support our dream, some just said that we are dreaming” 

 

“Sehun, it doesn’t matter about others opinion. The most important thing is to believe in yourself. I believe that you guys will achieve your dream one day and I’m promise that I will be your number one fans!” She cheered happily. 

 

He felt touched with her encouragement. She really act like a real girlfriend to him. That kind of girlfriend that stood with him in any circumstances and believe him without any doubt. Forcing her head to fall into his shoulder, he unknowingly smiled. “Thank you Hwayoung”

 

“Looks! It is a shooting stars! Let’s make a wish Sehun!”

 

This romantic scene only appeared in romance drama but that night she able to witness it by herself. It make her believe in what people said about the magical love. After all, it was never to be forgettable summer. One of those summers which come seldom into her life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful moments. A great combination of delightful weather, delightful people and delightful memories.

 

+++

 

The day that they will leave the base camp will also mark another year older for Hwayoung. It is her birthday. Her celebration was starting with her best friend surprised her early in the morning, with a Red Velvet cake; it’s a her long time favorite. 

 

Her other classmates was there too, singing her a birthday song and wishing her a joyful birthday wishes. She glad that her best friend will be there for her, every year to celebrate her meaningful day when her family was far from her to do that. 

 

Hwayoung always blessed to have her best friend in her life. The one that will never forget her this important date, unlike her own boyfriend. Lady luck surely wasn’t in her side last night. She wish for her boyfriend to treat her better yet he still the same person this morning. She will never believe in shooting stars anymore. 

 

“Happy birthday Hwayoung!” Baekhyun was the first one to approach her. She was bumped into his squad on her way to their bus. 

 

“Happy birthday girl! I wish you to have a great year ahead!” Kai took the lead and the others took the chance to wish her too. Except for someone. 

 

She thanked everyone politely. Feeling grateful to recite such a warm wishes. Chanyeol then nudged Sehun arm, “Yah what did you get for her gift?” 

 

“Why should I?” His eyes still fixed on his phone, playing a game. “She’s not even special” 

 

“Excuse me fcker, but she is your girlfriend” Baekhyun and the rest realized that Hwayoung face expression has changed since then.

 

He pause in his game, looking directly at her. “Me myself is her best gift”

 

The return journey to the school was nothing like the arrival. Hwayoung couldn’t wait to get out of the bus. She remembered feeling like this before, with Sehun, on his cold remarks. She hated to have conflict with her feelings, because it would take her hours, perhaps days to become fully relaxed and regain herself again. 

 

She became anxious, not entirely brought on by his coldness, she has slowly accepted it. She knew that she can’t just simply change him. But more into the way she would instinctively react to his attitude. It wasn’t a feeling that she wanted to experience continuously, of whom she had told her best friend that she was falling in love with.

 

Disappointed is what she felt. Last night she was so excited when Sehun told him to meet him by midnight, she thought that he might want to be the first one to wish her birthday but sadly, he not even said it. When everyone wishing her earlier, he didn’t even bothered to wish her too. 

 

She don’t need those expensive gift and stuff. She just need a little attention from him. For her to know that he actually do care for his girlfriend. 

 

“Let me walk you to your house” Sehun said when they were unloading their backpack from the bus trunk.

 

She continuously giving him a cold shoulder. “I have my own feet. I know the way to my own house. So thanks” She just leave him. 

 

“It’s late already. It will be dangerous for you to walk alone at this hour” He firmly told her. She could see the sincerity in his eyes. 

 

“Why do you care Sehun?” She confronted him. “I’m not even special, remember?” 

 

Regrets immediately haunted him. He should just shut up when Chanyeol asked him earlier. His heart was clenched when he saw the frown on her face. She should be happy on her birthday but he just spoiled it. He should really listened to his friends, he need to learn to treat her better. Being a good boyfriend doesn’t only include with sweet talking and skinship. It was more than that. 

 

He want get rid of the her disappointment expression right away. He want to make her happy again. Her laugh, he loved her laugh. It was so bubbly and girlish, a sweet endearment for him and it just made Sehun want to pick her up, put her in his pocket, and carry her around with him just so he could hear it all the time.

 

Regardless her warning for him on not to send her home, he still did that. He has been following her closely all the time and Hwayoung didn’t complain it anymore. She was too tired to argue with him. He can do whatever he like. After all he was the one who volunteered himself to walk her home, it’s not she asked for it. 

 

They finally reached to her apartment complex. She stopped in her movement and face him. Letting out a heavy sigh she finally said something after a long walks. 

 

“You must be tired too, go home. I see you in school. Goodnight Sehun” 

 

She took her steps further into the building. Only stopped when she heard her boyfriend calling for her name.

 

“Hwayoung, wait” As he said. 

 

When she turn around, he cups her face in his hands and Sehun kisses her so deeply that she don't know anymore who is breathing for who, but his lips taste like sweet honey. It is so good. She don't know how long it lasts, but when she let go of him to breath some air, she crave for it already.

 

It was their first kiss ever. Sehun has showered her with a lot of kisses on her cheek, forehead, jawline, on everywhere but not her lips. It was so mesmerizing. She was startled on his action but melted away. He was so sweet that she got no reason left to hate him.

 

He caressed her face, his thumbs her soft cheeks. Their forehead were touched into each other, his eyes gazed directly into hers, down to her souls. “That’s your gift. Happy birthday baby girl” 

 

“You are not special to me. That’s because you are exclusive, one and only my girlfriend that differs you from everyone, even from my best friends” He told her while holding into her hands. 

 

She stood on her toes and stole a soft kiss from his lips. "The best gift ever" she said. Sehun leaned down and kissed her back, his mouth lingering on her, teeth grazing her lower lip, making her shiver. 

 

“For that lips, I should have kiss you sooner" Sehun . “ert!" Hwayoung said, her voice breathier than she intended.

 

To have nothing from her boyfriend is devastating, but when he gives his all, the world becomes a magical place, and that is why Hwayoung couldn’t stop love them, Oh Sehun worth the risk that she took. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I know that Sehun character was somehow very frustrating but I just want to keep his roller coaster attitude in this fic, I want readers to fall for this attitude. But on whether he will change, then you have to wait for the update! *wink* 

 

Give a comment and vote if you like this story ❤️