003

TOXIC

+Flirty Boy+

 

The library was quite loud rather than usual at this hour. This is probably due the free time that the students had on their morning periods. It was cramped with the students who majority decided to skip the event and choose to rest. Forget about the very quiet and calm place to study for a while, they have turned this library into another port for hangout. At least when the teachers are not there. 

 

It is the week of sport festival; where most of the morning classes will be exchanged with the sport events that take places around the school. For those who participated, it will be the best season for them. But those who aren’t involved, it just another week of wasting their time. Thanks to the school system that required students to come to school no matter if there is a lesson or not.

 

Hwayoung choose to take a seat at the corner of the library in level 3, which less of students there. She wasn’t a big fan of loudness tho. Just like others, today she didn’t come here to study. She just sat there quietly with her earphones plugged into both of her ears, blasting some good music from Spotify. Beside Sehun, another things that she love is music. Don’t tell her to sing or dance— she don’t have that talents run in her blood. 

 

Her genre would be more into EDM, pop rock to hip hop, and the mainstream music. She listened to Big Bang and BTS, but she also love the music from the sentimental Lorde and Sam Smith. She also have a full collection of hip hop album, which she would be very glad to shown to Sehun one day. She heard that was his favorite genre. Oh cool! Just another similarity that she found between them. 

 

While humming to her favorite song in the playlist, she felt like someone just tapped her shoulder. “Hi Hwayoung!”

 

“Hi to you too” She politely greets back. 

 

“Can we...” Another person nervously said, “Sit here with you? If you don’t mind of course” 

 

She smiles. “It will be a pleasure to have EXO with me” 

 

“Ah! You know us?” He seems pleasant to hear that.

 

“Tell me who doesn’t know EXO in our school? You are Baekhyun, Kai and you are Chanyeol right? You guys are Sehun best friend” 

 

Hwayoung said while pointed to each of them. They saw her sat alone there and they thought that this will be a good time to get know with their best friend girlfriend. It was Kai idea to greet her first. 

 

Baekhyun clear his throat to escape from the awkwardness between them. “So you are his girlfriend right?”

 

“Well, if Sehun said so.......yeah I’m his girlfriend” Deep in her heart she was glad that her heartless boyfriend acknowledged her as his. 

 

“You seems like a good hardworking student. Maybe you can hangout with Suho and Kyungsoo later. They are more.....behave than us” Chanyeol playfully said that. 

 

“I would love to be friends with EXO. I think that you guys are not that bad. You know all the rumors and stuff......” 

 

Kai smirk. “You need to get to know us better before making a conclusion, girl”

 

“You spoiled our ice breaking session Kai. We will be glad if you become our friend Hwayoung!” Baekhyun said. “By the way, did you know where is Sehun? Didn’t saw him anywhere”

 

She shrugged to his question. Even though she has become his girlfriend, she still didn’t know much about him. She could be a typical clingy girlfriend— but she refused to be one because she know that Sehun will hate her. Plus, she thought that giving him the freedom will make her different from those girls who are desperately craving for his attention. 

 

But she couldn’t run from the anxiety of not knowing his whereabouts. Especially when his own best friend didn’t know about his location. Sehun will be fine on his own, she aware that. But sometimes she just want to know where he is, who he meet.....she so curious. She gathered all her courage to give him a text message. 

 

To: Boyfriend

Where are you now?

 

Not long after that, she got a reply. She smiles when his name appear on the screen. It just another rarely text message that they shuttle to each other. It was Sehun who put that name on her contact during their first conversation on that night. He quickly put his number on her phone when she agreed to be his girlfriend.

 

To: Hwayoung 

Somewhere. Why do you ask?

 

To: Boyfriend 

Your friends told me that they couldn’t find you.

 

To: Hwayoung

Since when you started playing a clingy girlfriend to me? 

 

To: Boyfriend 

I’m just asking Sehun. 

 

To: Hwayoung 

Just mind your own business.

 

Love and fear— this is exactly what she felt with Sehun. The two emotions that contradict each other. Love is where it should be safe and warm, everything that fear is not. How come she love and have fear at the same person? Hwayoung let out a long sigh. Some things just don't work that way. 

 

Life isn't a fairy tail and she know that the person she fall in love with the person doesn't love her back. There are so many questions left in her head. Should she stay with this unhealthy relationship? Should she keep believing with the guy that playing with her heart right now? Because one thing that she know is she can’t turn back from this. She love him too much.

 

+++

 

Sehun was there, leaning his back into the locker compartment when Hwayoung and her best friend walked pass him at the hallway. He knew that it was her, he could always spot her. He knew that she saw him, that she saw everything, that she saw there are a few girls flirting with him. 

 

Nobody except EXO and her best friend know that they both are in relationships. Hwayoung want to keep it low key as she aware the fame that Sehun have. She don’t want to be the girl that every other girl hate— for taking away their beloved boy crush, Oh Sehun. 

 

But it doesn’t mean that she are fine with those hoe flirting with him in public. She didn’t really know who are they but one thing for sure is; she hate them. How to be mad at him when she clearly saw that Sehun wasn’t the one who make move on them. It just so irritated that he didn’t even make effort to reject them.

 

“He cheated on you!” Her best friend are annoyed as much as her.

 

“No he didn’t. It just.......the girls like him too much” 

 

At this point, she don’t even know why she have to back up him in front of her best friend when it was clearly that he almost cheated on her.

 

“Sorry girls” Sehun said to them hoe. “I have girlfriend already” The girls seems disappointed when they heard them come out from him. 

 

“See....I told you!” Hwayoung whisper to her best friend. They overheard his conversation as they getting away from the place. 

 

Her best friend shook her head. “But still....he have them around him like nothing matters to you. Sehun is cancelled. He’s a jerk”

 

“I trust him and he wasn’t that bad.....if you get to know him” She defend him. 

 

“Is that love, do you think?" Her best friend asked, sounding genuinely curious. “Being crazy about someone no matter how much they hurt you?” She added. 

 

She had lost for words. Her best friend couldn’t even said much, there is no point as she know how much Hwayoung love him. It just that she hope Sehun will realized it and treat her better. In a very smallest chance, her best friend have a tiny hope that maybe one day he would change for her. 

 

Sehun might be jerk to others, flirting with girls but claimed he didn’t and going around freely making another girl heart crash as he rejected them, but he never hurt Hwayoung. Both in mental and physical abusing. Well, maybe it just a bit moments of making her annoyed with him. 

 

It’s been almost 10 minutes since Sehun wait outside her class. The clock has passed 5 pm, time for students to go home yet he still didn’t saw any sight of his girlfriend going out from that door. He purposely wait for her, to walk her back to her home. He just want to make up about what just happened earlier. 

 

She was laughing with her best friend when they passed the door, ready to leave but stopped when suddenly saw Sehun. “Min Hwayoung!” He called her.

 

“Alright I got it. Make sure she back home safely or you will be dead Sehun!” Her best friend said before leaving them both alone. 

 

It was obvious that she was annoyed with him when she just abruptly leave him there. “Yah Hwayoung! Where are you going?”

 

“Home” She said without even looking back at him. 

 

“Wait for me!” Sehun said as he trailed from behind. 

 

+++

 

She was mad at him. So mad to the point that she thinking about breaking up with him. But then, again, she can’t. She love him too much and she know that there is no other chance for her to be with him in the future if they broke up now. It’s Oh Sehun, her so called boyfriend that don’t even love her, yet have the biggest power to control her. 

 

Did her falling in love with the right person? She thought. Is it safe to do so with this man? She thought again. Boys are just so unpredictable and stupid. It just so hard to predict them. They could love to the fullest but sometimes they ignore completely. They could heal hearts and also grind them to dust.

 

For once, Hwayoung hope that one day Sehun will be able to treat her better— like a real girlfriend. Not to be a puppet. Like how she felt right now. “I think that my grandma could walk faster than you Hwayoung”

 

“How about let your grandma carry your backpack then?” She handled him back his backpack. She was so pissed. 

 

“Wow! You dare to disobey your own boyfriend now?” She hate how Sehun able to melt her heart every time he emphasized the boyfriend title. 

 

She sigh in defeat. “I’m just tired Sehun” 

 

“Do i look care? Come on let’s go to the bubble tea cafe! Your treats sweetie”

 

Sehun might have the cool baddest bad boy image on him in school, but for Hwayoung he just another cutie pie who whines to his girlfriend just to get a cup of his favorite bubble tea. How come people said that he is a cold hearted person? He couldn’t be the one with his aegyo like that.

 

He definitely know how to use his hidden card to make Hwayoung melt with him again and again. He know her weakness is him. It give him power to do anything to her, because he know that at the end of day Hwayoung will still love him. No matter how bad he treated her. 

 

“Your total will be $4. I paid for your cutie friend cup” The cashier wink at Sehun making Hwayoung annoyed. 

 

“What the—“ Sehun blocked to stop her from spitting fire to the flirty cashier. 

 

“Thank you for this lady” Sehun politely said. “Go and sit there first Hwayoung” He pointed at the corner of the cafe. 

 

Is her fault to have such a very good looking boyfriend? It pissed her off for Sehun to caught most girls attention whenever they meet him. It happened every time. Yes, he so handsome but can’t they just control their hormone or what? That filthy little hoe. 

 

She glared Sehun and the cashier girl from her seat with rages in her. What does Sehun want from that girl? Can’t he just ignore her and leave? All she wanted to do right now is to kidnap him into a big plastic bag and tied him so that nobody will be able to meet him and he will be hers only. Oh now she’s being too dramatic. 

 

“Thank you for this drink but hey that girl over there she is my girlfriend” Sehun said to the cashier. If only Hwayoung could hear this, she must be so happy.

 

“Oh boy....you could find someone better!” That girl smirk at him. 

 

He nodded, “Maybe....but too bad that person is not you either” Baaaammm! Oh Sehun just made a strike! “I choose her. That’s it”

 

Sehun made his way to their table after that. Hwayoung were already there, looking out of the window with her arms crossed. He laughed when he saw the expression on her face. Her ears almost turned red from too much anger. Jealousy Hwayoung is back and he know that this is perfect time to . 

 

He sat beside her, so close to her body that she could feel the heat from him. Their arms are brushed into each other, making Hwayoung almost choked of her drink. Sehun never fail to make her breathless every time he show her some skinship. 

 

“Couldn’t believe that this handsome face of mine could pay for my drink” He said receiving no response from her. 

 

“Yah—“ He nudged her arm. “You are jealous did you?” 

 

“Wait— what— no I’m not!” 

 

Hwayoung are stutters for her words when  he suddenly move closer to her, his face almost touch her side face staring at her beautiful features. His eyes travel from her eyes down to her nose and stopped at her lips. Unknowingly, Hwayoung did the same thing before she realized how close they are and clear . 

 

Sehun didn’t move, in fact he slipped his hand across her tiny waist before pulling her closer into a side hug. It made her frozen in her seat unable to hide her blushing. He then slightly kiss her jaw before landed at her neck, inhaling her addictive scent. 

 

“Don’t be jealous baby girl” His deep voice make her shivers immediately. “I didn’t cheat on you”

 

“I know you’re mad with the girls at school” He added, “But they were the one who throw themselves at me”

 

“Yeah but you didn’t even reject them” She sounded hurt. 

 

“Your hot boyfriend have to be gentleman you know” He whispered. “Don’t worry baby girl I’m all yours”

 

Hwayoung puzzles at his behavior that night. What is wrong with him being all touchy and call her with her pet name? She thought maybe it just his tactic to make sure she stay and keep being his puppet, do everything he want. But she can’t help but to feel esthetic at his touch. 

 

It's a strange feeling to like him so much and yet be terrified to have him in her space, touching her. It isn't that she don't like it when they touch- when they brush arms or when he taps her on the shoulder. She like it too much. Her body gets excited without her permission and it's not okay. It's out of her control.

 

“It’s good sign that if you feel jealous...it’s mean that you love me” He told her. 

 

“But don’t be excessive. I hate when my girlfriend being too possessive. Remember that. You don’t want me to leave you right?” He smirk. 

 

Just when she thought that Sehun might have change to someone romantic....she was wrong. Sehun is the still the same person who keep playing with her heart. Who make her love and hate him at the same time.