001

TOXIC

+That Handsome Guy, Oh Sehun+

 

Woke up in her small studio apartment in the middle of Seoul city, she quickly grab her phone on the night stand. It has been ringing since 30 minutes ago, when the first alarm went on. It has been snoozing from times to times every 10 minutes but yet this girl didn’t even bothered to get up from the bed. Like every other teenager, she just wish that one day she will wake up ‘no-school-today’ news, which is impossible. 

 

As she arrived, she was welcome by a group of students gathered in front of the school gate. She had to clutch her backpack tighter, making her way to the class when most of the girl are starting to form a crowd. They were there patiently waiting for a group of boys to come. Well, the famous high school kingka. She flashed a smile to one of the girl who are now running to her with full of excitement. It was too crowded and she don’t want waste her time with the girls there— she just don’t want to get sweats in the morning. 

 

“Min Hwayoung! You are here already?” Her best friend greet her. 

 

“I’m not going to get any detention again just because I’m late to school...so here I am” 

 

That girl ask again as she saw Hwayoung are ready to leave the place, “You are not going to stay?” 

 

“Nah— I’ll let it pass” She said. “See you in the class!”

 

Hwayoung sat in her seat looking out of the window as the girls started to scream their names in a loud voice. They look dashing as always but there is always one specific person that attract her. She couldn’t even explain on how good it feels to look up across a room and see him standing there. But it really make her smiles this morning.

 

Isn’t it funny how people can still get butterflies in their stomach even though they have known the person for years? That’s what Hwayoung felt. She has been crushing on him even when she was in the first year of high school. She could make her move but she doesn’t. She thought that by only seeing him from afar already enough for her. The excitement of having a crush is when we watch him from afar and imagine him in our own dream. 

 

“Oh girl, you’re thinking about him again right?” Her best friend startled her. 

 

Hwayoung shrugged her shoulder, “Well...I don’t know. Maybe a little bit of it?”

 

“That guy....he is in that group right?” She asked. “Ah so you have crush on a bad boy!”

 

“Is it that bad to crush on bad boy?” She asked. 

 

Her best friend looks into her confused, “No dear....it just you should be careful” She said before added, “It’s dangerous”

 

She could not tell herself if she in love the first moment she saw him or if it was the second or third or fourth. She lost her count. But she remembered the first time she looked at him walking pass her and at the time she felt that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when he was there with her.

 

It was a hot summer day during the first year of high school sport day when she saw him for the first time. She looked at him and that's how she knew, that she was already have her eyes on him. This is going to sound crazy but from that moment, she haven't been able to stop thinking about him. A tall, handsome man, with sharp jawline and a broad shoulder— that was Oh Sehun.

 

“Good luck boy!” She quickly hide her face under her face towel when he noticed the screams. Luckily, he didn’t recognized the voice. 

 

“Oh my God. That was close” She let out a relived sigh. 

 

He was in the running team, one of the ace actually. She was sat on the bleachers as she cheered for his name but when she look around, she’s not the only one who tried to give him support. There’s a lot girls waiting in the line and that’s when she realized that this is going to be hard. He was the famous guy after all. 

 

His hair was flipping through the air and his cold sweats around his face making him looks so masculine with his sleeveless jersey. Not too mention how amazing his biceps are and the way he used his long legs to speed off was too fascinating for her. The way she describes everything about him proved that she was indeed crazy. Crazy for him. 

 

+++

 

People are talking about them, the trouble maker, the school kingka, the bad boy, they are EXO. Their name was a bit of weird but surprisingly these boys have a very good looking appearance and they have become they boys that caught almost every ladies heart in this high school. They have the power to make girl gone crazy in milliseconds by the charms. 

 

They were portraying the typical bad boys that every parents warned not to get close to. They skipped classes and it can be counted on how many times per week that they come to school. These bad boy don't play by the rules, that's what makes them bad and maybe that's what makes them win.

 

“Hi Kai oppa. I just wonder if you want to hangout with me after school?” A girl approaching them. 

 

The boy name Kai smiles and politely say, “I’m sorry but maybe next time cupcake?” 

 

The girl leave with a disappointment in her face. It was a normal sight to see. EXO are the biggest playboy in the school. 

 

“Seriously Kai? Didn’t know that your taste has gone lower this time” Chanyeol the brightest guy said. 

 

“Dude, she was begging me to be with her. A gentleman wouldn’t let down any girl you know” He smirks. 

 

Baekhyun interrupted their conversation. “A real definition of gentleman would be Sehun. I saw him flirting around but he never hook up with anyone” 

 

“Nah— I haven’t found anyone interesting yet” Sehun replied.

 

Its time for Kyungsoo to ask, “So what is your ideal type then?”

 

“I always go for bold and confident girl! It’s y” Hwayoung excitement slowly faded as she overheard Sehun conversation with his gang. 

 

Min Hwayoung just an ordinary girl who are in the same year with Sehun, the guy that she has been crushed on. Listening to what he said, she knew that she was far from his ideal type. Instead of being exactly like he described, she was more into a average girl that never go beyond the limit that was set up for her. It just unlucky fate for an innocent girl like her to fall in love with a bad boy like him. 

 

He barely knew Hwayoung existed. She knew some of the same people he knew but she always be a girl in the background, the girl that can only be seen through her shadow. She was nobody and she knew that she will never get her chance to get hold into him no matter how much she like him. That’s why she called it crush. Because that’s how she feel when he don’t feel the same way in return.

 

School is finally over and it’s time to go home. It would be the most excited time as she literally didn’t like school that much. Usually she will drop by to the convenient store in front of her school before heading back. Nothing much happened, just another unlucky day as she need to ask help from the store sales assistant just to get her banana milk. It was placed at the top shelf in the fridge and it was the very last row. Shortie girl problems. 

 

“Excuse me ahjussi?” She calling for some help. “Is anybody there to help me?” 

 

She shook her head looking at the unhelpful employer at the counter. ‘He literally did nothing but yet very lazy to help customer ugh!’

 

‘Guess I have to do it by myself. Damn you banana milk. This is all your fault!’ She started cursed herself. 

 

As she was about to climb the shelf suddenly there is a figure stand beside her, grabbing the last two bottles of her favorite banana milk from the shelf. 

 

‘Oh...no....not that boy’ She cried to herself. 

 

“There you go little girl. One for you” That boy smiles. “It seems like you are willing to do everything just to get this...it must be delicious right? I’m going to try it too!” He said while leaving the place. 

 

She was left dumbstruck in front of the fridge. What. Just. Happened. It’s Oh Sehun who just helped her. Her freaking ultimate crush. Hwayoung never thought that this will be luckiest day for her as she never ever met with Sehun in the store before. But then, suddenly he becomes a hero to her. Even though just helping her pick up the banana milk from the shelf. Anything Oh Sehun did basically the best things ever that happened the world. 

 

‘Oh my God. Oh. My. God’ Unknowingly she started to smiles like crazy. 

 

At the end of the night, the banana milk that she was first fight for it only left to be displayed on her table. She was staring at it as is it was Sehun, the boy that steal her heart. She wrote a little note on the bottle stating that it was him who took it from the shelf and pass it to her. It even has his fingerprints and when she remembered the moment in the convenient store, it makes her happy again. 

 

She never been this close with him and she just figured out how tall he was when he stand by her. With his perfect height, she literally look like a tiny elf beside him. His looks— she could say that it was a real definition of eye candy. He was so handsome with his undercut black hair, his scent...she could be drown by it, his sharp jawline definitely can cut her heart at any moment. From head to toe, she will give him 10 out of 10. No— she will give her entire heart just for him. 

 

+++

 

While comparing to other members of his gang, Sehun will be the least playboy of the group. It didn’t make him the good boy but instead of going around throwing some sweet words to the girl, he rather be the one who accepted it. The almighty Sehun didn’t need to find a girl, the girl will eventually beg just to get his attention. But then this is where the playboy concept used, he will just entertain every single girl that throw her arm to him.

 

At this rate, there is no way that Hwayoung will make to the list. Her heart was torn by pieces every times she saw Sehun flirting with those hoes. Never ever once she saw he clings with the same girl everyday, it will be different for each day just like a flavor. Oh you dangerous man Oh Sehun, how come you are still looking so perfect even though your attitude says otherwise. For some unknown reason, bad boy draw us in despite the fact that they are jerks and too bad most of the girls love the bad boy. 

 

It was the time for sport festival in the school and students have to participate for the event. They were in the basketball court ready for the game. It was a friendly match between classes. Hwayoung and Sehun were in different class, both in their final year of high school. It was a match between her class and Sehun. She should be there to support her classmates but too bad she can’t even lifted her eyes from his. 

 

Her best friend nudge her arm, “Hwayoung you should cheering for our class! Not him!”

 

The game was intense as everyone started to cheering on their favorite team. Everyone been so immersed into the game, so as Hwayoung. But instead of focusing on the game, she only have one target. She didn’t know anything about basketball. Hell no, she never ever been to any match before but because of her dedication towards her crush, she willing to spare some times just to watch this match. Of course, she had to dragged her best friend too.

 

She watch Sehun made a slam dunk with full of admiration. Well, she didn’t even know what the technique name and was it really good. For her it more into when her crush does something cute and she just sitting there like “Really? Are you trying to kill me?”

 

Her other classmates let out another frustration sigh as Sehun made another score leaving their team behind. The opponents was leading the game yet Hwayoung didn’t even care about it. After all she was there to watch him, not to support her own class team. Sehun add another score, making his team the winner. He was so happy that he started waving around his supporters. He opened his eyes and accidentally met her. The impact was so strong she was amazed that she can keep staring him without pause.

 

“What did he just did? Can I just die already?” When she saw him, she admit that she started to lose her grip and all of her coolness.

 

“Oh Lord, my friend definitely crazy in love” Her best friend snaps her fingers on her face. “Come on lover girl, lets head out. The game is over” 

 

Sehun and the rest of the team head out to change in the gymnasium. It was indeed an intense game as they only win by leading three score ahead from the opponents. He was selected as the captain of the team— because he just so damn good. Chanyeol and Kai was in the same team too, leaving the others as the supporters. Sehun, Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Suho and Kyunsoo were best friends for ages and cannot be separated since then.

 

“Good game well played boys!” Suho and the rest congratulates them. 

 

Baekhyun said, “What a good skills you got there mr captain!”

 

“Aha— my man you are so cool! Can’t even let that girl breath right?” Chanyeol added. 

 

“It’s not my fault that she can’t resist my charms” He smirks. 

 

Them boys already aware that she was so head over heels into their member, Oh Sehun. It was so obvious when past few weeks she has been secretly following them around the school, or when they bumped into each other Hwayoung will run away as if they were the biggest threats to her. At the same time they amazed with her. Unlike any other girls who like Sehun, she still didn’t confess to him. Not even bother to try her luck making a conversation. 

 

They found it amusing that such a girl still exists. Especially when they thought that most of the girls has lost the shyness in them and most likely shown their boldness and confidence. Can’t blame them for thinking about girls like that, because most of the girls that come to them were like that. In fact, way too confident. 

 

“You guys did well just now! Congrats!” Her class representatives said.

 

“Congrats!”

 

Hwayoung and her other classmates are having a post match dinner at the toppokki stall across the school together. She laugh her off when the joker of the class started to spill out his joke making everyone there happy. It was a great moment to spend with her classmates since its been a while since they gathered like this, well not in class. Later in the night, Hwayoung and her best friend had to leave early as they already feel tired. 

 

Her best friend was still in joy as they both walking around the street randomly singing to some songs. Enjoying every single time as the sky has gone darker. She stopped at her track when she suddenly spotted a familiar figure across the street. He was having a good time with s, probably celebrating their win on the match. 

 

He was standing across the road. His cap low, his head down. While his other friends are too busy talking rubbish and teasing among them, he had his mind somewhere. Even it separated by a road, he could feel Hwayoung staring. He always could. That’s when Sehun thought that this could be a perfect timing. 

 

“Oh shoot” Hwayoung said, as if she weren't just begging the world for this exact scenario to be happen. "He's actually coming over here! What should I do?!” 

 

She started to panic. Of course! Her ultimate crush just made his way to cross the road to meet her. This time, she wasn’t hallucinating anymore. It’s true, he’s coming!

 

“You” Sehun clears his throat. “I want to talk to you” He grabbed Hwayoung hand out from other sight. 

 

“Oh Sehun!”

“Min Hwayoung!”

 

As much as their friends are shocked from what just happened, Hwayoung could feel that her heart is going to explode at any time. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Subscribe and comment guys! I need to know what you think about this first chapter :) 

 

 

More to come stay tuned!