Attachment on Renjun's Part

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How many floors does this place even have?” Renjun heard his companion ask once they were in the elevator and travelling to the basement of the hotel where the training grounds resided alongside the archives of files and contracts that NCT’s main negotiators, Doyoung and Kun, organised. 

“Fifty in the hotel plus the basement,” He answered, tightening his hold on the other male’s waist to prevent him from falling over. Due to the abrupt message that Yuta had given them of TRCNG (or even B.A.P) being on its way, Renjun had immediately offered to watch over their guest despite the alarm bells that had gone off in his head. As of now, Jaemin was currently leaning on Renjun for support due to not being able to put a lot of pressure on his injured leg and making Renjun become nervous every time the other would laugh at how his small frame could support his larger one. 

“Fifty?” Well yeah, it’s a skyscraper hotel.

“Yep, but we only use the top twenty for gang . The middle twenty are used as an actual hotel and the last one is the ground level where the kitchen and lobby is,” He explained, barely stopping himself from spilling what the main purpose of the basement was and what it was originally intended for. 

“What about the basement?” What about you shutting up?

“You’re about to find out,” He stated as the elevator doors opened to reveal the grand marble flooring of the basement along with the neatly painted white walls and a hallway that didn’t reveal it’s end. He heard Jaemin make a noise of amazement as Renjun practically dragged him out of the elevator and moving to help the other sit on one of the three chairs that were on the edge of the room. One for the coach, one for the stand-in and one for the evaluator…ah, the good old days were we had to train ruthlessly because EXO didn’t want us dying straight away. Telling Jaemin to stay where he was (which was a given since the other could barely move due to the wound in his thigh), Renjun moved to go down the hallway to get the other something to eat. Walking past the multiple rooms that were used mainly as ransom quarters, Renjun hurriedly prepared a glass of water and grabbed a donut that was in the take away container that his cousin probably left there on his last visit. Coming back into the training grounds, he felt his legs buckle when he saw Jaemin leaning back on his chair with his head tilted up and exposing his neck for all to see. The hickey that he had given the other stood out due its dark colour that was contrasted against the other’s skin, pride oddly filling his being when he realised that he, Huang Renjun, had done that. 

 

“I got you something to eat. Sorry, it’s not something you’d expect in a five star hotel,” He piped up, the other only tilting his head down to look at him before his eyes landed on the donut and glass of water in his hands. 

“Food is food and food is life,” Jaemin stated before smiling again and reaching towards him for the food like a baby, making Renjun chuckle at his antics. He looks kinda cute like that…no. You’re not going to get attached. 

“Preach,” He replied as he gave the other the donut and glass of water, watching Jaemin hurriedly eat and drink as he took the seat beside him. “I’m really sorry, by the way. With…with your leg and everything…I shouldn’t have given you that hickey, I’m sorry.” He heard Jaemin choke after his words and hit the other’s back in a state of panic. Don’t die on me now, Na Jaemin! Jeno and Minhyung-hyung are already pissed off at me! Once the other had stopped, Renjun was met with a kind and caring gaze from the other.

 

If Huang Renjun was ever interrogated later, his heart did not just skip a beat and his cheeks did not just warm up slightly because of a certain Na Jaemin.

 

“It’s not your fault. You didn’t know that frog-face would actually shoot,” Jaemin replied, smiling softly before he took a sip from his glass of water. “Besides, you saved my life. You contacted Jeno who then brought me here.” But I put you in more danger. “Danger?” , spoke out loud. 

“Yes, danger. Taeseon is…an interesting character. Ever since we…ever since I…” Making a noise in frustration and looking away from the other, Renjun tried to figure out why it was so hard to explain his current situation with Taeseon - he had done so many times in the past without difficulty. So why is it so hard to do it now?

“Renjun, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to…I’m not going to force you,” Jaemin soft whispered to him, the other’s head moving closer to his own so that Renjun could feel his breath on his cheek. “But thank you for protecting me.” Heart, what kind of drug are you on? 

“I didn’t protect you. I just put you into more danger because Taeseon might-“

“Come and kill me? We’ll deal with it then,” Jaemin cut him off, the other moving even closer until their foreheads were brushing. “So since frog-face thinks we’re dating, does this mean that I can still flirt with you?” 

 

Pulling a face of disgust, Huang Renjun pushed the other away from him and standing up to practice combat training…by himself…to avoid talking to the other. 

 

“So does it?” He heard Jaemin ask as he took off his oversized jumper and threw it at the other, laughing when Jaemin got hit in the face with it. 

“You wish you could date me,” He retorted, stretching in his faded jeans with his white t-shirt riding up every so often. 

“I never asked to date you, I just want to flirt with you but dating sounds nice,” Jaemin nonchalantly said, arranging Renjun’s jumper on his lap into a makeshift blanket. Renjun simply looked at him in confusion. 

“Dating and flirting are pretty much the same thing. You flirt with someone you want to date. You date someone you want to date,” He explained, stopping his stretches to face the injured male entirely who hummed at his explanation. 

“I guess you could say that,” Jaemin replied before the elevator doors opened once more to reveal a young adult who stumbled into the room with a gun in either hand. Renjun saw Jaemin’s eyes widen in surprise once he saw the other male who had dyed his hair brown to prevent unwanted attention after Renjun had scolded him for his bright blond hair. 

“Chenle, what the are you doing?” He asked the other since his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter