Get Back Alive

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Renjun, do you think you can fight?” Taking a deep breath, he nodded in response to Johnny’s question.

“Don’t be ridiculous, he can’t even stand!” Taeyong shouted back as Johnny stared at his leader with an unreadable expression. 

“He doesn’t need to, Taeyong,” Taeil stated before turning around while still crouching. “Hop on!”

“Hyung, you’d drop me,” He stated, earning a breathy laugh from Johnny as Taeyong opened his mouth for another protest.
“I’ll carry him,” Johnny stated before his leader could get a single word out and Renjun let himself be manhandled until he was comfortably being given a piggyback by Johnny, gun in his hand as they waited for further instructions. 

“B.A.P are running around and we need to get them before they get us, Taeyong,” Taeil pointed out, looking at his leader who sighed and ran a hand over his face. 

“Outside. Let’s regroup outside,” Taeyong stated softly and opened the door, giving apologetic looks to a very hurt Winwin, a very annoyed Doyoung and a very injured Yuta. What exactly happened while I was out cold? 

“Back to shoot me?” He heard Yuta ask bitterly and was genuinely surprised when Taeyong sighed in frustration. Did Taeyong-hyung shoot Yuta-hyung? 

“Yuta, now is not the time,” Taeyong mumbled, massaging his temples before glancing around at all of them. “Three members of B.A.P are dead because Minhyung killed them a while ago. I’m assuming that Jongup and Himchan are here too.”

“Yongguk is here,” Yuta piped up, looking warily at them. “But it seems like he’s not a threat anymore.”

“How do you know that?” He heard his leader ask the technician before realisation became known in Taeyong’s eyes once more. “The clear earpieces?”

“Look, they have helped us before and are definitely helping us now,” Yuta reasoned and Taeyong simply shook his head and sighed.

“Doyoung, Taeil-hyung and Winwin, you three go and hunt down Jongup. If you get attacked by anyone else…run,” Taeyong ordered and the three nodded, compelling Renjun to do the same even if his name wasn’t mentioned in tune with their disappearing backs. “Yuta, Johnny, Renjun, we’re all going to see if Yongguk is still a threat and if he isn’t, we’ll hunt down Himchan.”

“Are you kidding me?! Renjun’s injured! Yuta is injured!” Johnny protested, shaking his head at Taeyong’s request. “That’s ing suicide.”

“Well what other options do we have?!” Taeyong screamed back, conflict evident in his eyes as he stared back. “We’re better together than separate!”

“We’ll check up on Yongguk first,” Yuta stated, clutching his arm that had a ripped piece of cloth around it for a bandage. “Then we’ll brainstorm from there.”

 

Renjun didn’t know how long he had been on Johnny’s back, nor did he know how many turns they had made within the corridors until he saw two very familiar figures approaching them.

 

“Jeno?!” He heard Taeyong scream incredulously, the other looking up at his name while also supporting his friend. “Jaemin?! What happened?!”

“Yongguk…” Jeno breathed out, adjusting his grip on Jaemin to prevent the other from falling. “He barged into the room and gave us a hard time. Luckily Minhyung-hyung and Donghyuck were there-“

“Minhyung and Donghyuck?! ing hell,” Taeyong sighed out before he was pulling out his gun and walking faster down the hall. 

“Taeyong! You can’t! It’s too dangerous!” Yuta shouted after him but Taeyong shook his head and kept walking. 

“Get out of here! I’ll tell Minhyung to get Donghyuck out of here safely too!” He heard Taeyong shout, the other already running down the hall to meet up with the two that he had mentioned. “It’ll be leader against leader!”

“He’s a ing idiot.” He heard Johnny comment before the older was shaking his head and looking over Jeno and Jaemin. “Jeno, carry him. We need to get these three out of here quickly.”

“Are you kidding me? I can still fight!” Yuta protested and Renjun found himself shaking his head in time with Johnny.
“Hyung, you are injured, it can get infected,” He stated, looking at Jaemin’s shaken form that was now on Jeno’s back and sighing in relief since the younger seemed fine. “I can’t walk and Jaemin is a civilian. We would only be a burden to them.”

“But Taeyong-“

“I’ll go back with Jeno once we get you three to safety,” Johnny interrupted, his stare communicating something that Renjun didn’t understand with Yuta. “For now, let’s go outside and get away from this mess.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Donghyuck, you are not going to hell,” He reassured the other, tightening his hold on him and burying his nose in the younger boy’s hair as Jeongin slipped back into the hallway, unnoticed by s. “I’m sorry I couldn’t stop you.”

“You said you would,” Donghyuck whispered back, his voice shaking as he still stared at his hands. “You said I wouldn’t kill anyone.”

“I’m sorry,” He apologised once more, knowing that his words couldn’t hold the sorrow he felt. “I shouldn’t have taught you how to use a gun.”

“I’m sorry I wanted to,” Donghyuck replied, the smaller boy turning around in his arms and burying his face in his chest. “Hyung, I didn’t want to kill him but he was going after Jaemin and-“

“Shhh, I know,” He whispered, pressing a feather light kiss to Donghyuck’s hair as the other cried silently, the only clue that he was crying being the slow dampening of his own shirt. 

“Hyung, will we be okay after this?” He heard Donghyuck ask, the younger sounding so unsure that it broke his heart to know that he was still worried about them. “Jeno hates us now.”

“I’ll talk to him,” He reassured, holding Donghyuck tighter and promising himself to never let Donghyuck hold a gun ever again. “Come on, I need to get you out of here.”

“What about you?” Donghyuck had pulled back to look at him in the eyes, overwhelming concern present and Mark bit the inside of his cheek to stop himself from cooing at the boy. “Are you staying here?”

“I have to make sure that the rest of the members are safe,” He reasoned, seeing disappointment flash across Donghyuck’s face as he nodded. 

 

“Minhyung?” 

 

Reacting immediately, Mark let go of Donghyuck and pushed the younger male behind him, gun already in his hand as he aimed it at the person in front of him.

 

“Taeyong-hyung?” He asked and heard the relieved sigh of the older before Taeyong was cradling his head and apologising.

“Minhyung, I’m so sorry about casting you out.” He heard Taeyong say as the older continued to cradle his head. “I should have never made those policies and never caused NCT to fall apart. I…You will always be a member of NCT, Minhyung. You’re our family.”

“Hyung?” He asked, not sure if this was the same cold leader he had followed numerous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter