Love From Afar

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t believe it! Can you believe it, hyung?!” Jeno screamed out in frustration as he paced back and forth in the abandoned warehouse with the older male that was a negotiator in SUJU. “I’m better at close combat than Minhyung-hyung! He’s a sniper!”

“I can honestly see why TY won’t let you go, though,” Donghae sighed out before hopping off the crate that he was seated on and walking towards his younger brother, Jeno’s nerves and anger rising slowly. “How many policies have you broken by now?”

“I’ve only broken one,” He retaliated before Donghae laughed viciously in his face.

“One? So you’re allowed to spill NCT’s most private information to us? Really?” Donghae mocked, making Jeno’s face burn in embarrassment. “You know, I never thought that Yuta’s trackers would be so advanced if you hadn’t told me last year and I would never have known that Winwin’s medical skills were above the average gang if you hadn’t told me.”

“I only tell you because you’re my older brother,” Jeno reasoned, narrowing his eyes at the older who simply smirked at him and reached out to pluck Jeno’s gun from it’s holster. “If I didn’t tell you, our deal would be off.”

“Deal or not, you’ve broken about three of those stupid policies, Jeno. Possibly more,” Donghae informed him, tone flat and not containing an ounce of sympathy. Jeno watched as his older brother twirled the loaded handgun, testing it’s weight and observing it’s model. “Policy number one,” Donghae announced, throwing the gun in the air and catching it with his fingers automatically maneuvering themselves to lay on the trigger. 

“Don’t get attached to anyone since it will only get in the way later,” Jeno answered obediently, unable to stop himself since he had the policies of NCT practically written on the back of his eyelids. But I ended up getting attached to Mark-hyung and Donghyuck. 

“And you have broken that. Your precious Hyuck is being held captive by Hayoung and you’re mad because you don’t have a spot on the rescue team,” Donghae explained, eyes piercing into Jeno’s soul as the older read the situation. Of course he knows that much…he’s a negotiator for a reason. They’re all painfully observant. “Are you perhaps…jealous?”

“Jealous?” He echoed, not knowing where his older brother was going with his questions. Of what?

“Yes, Jeno. Jealous of Mark. Jealous of Minhyung,” Donghae clarified, continuing to toss the gun and catch it in a half assed attempt to entertain himself. “Jealous that TY trusts him more than you and that your precious Donghyuck loves him back.”

 

Biting his lip and keeping his stance steady, Jeno stared at Donghae in the eye before answering. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter