Do Your Best

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jaemin saw the other’s tears fall on the pillow that he was resting his head on, Jaemin did the only logical thing that he could think of - he tightened his hold on Huang Renjun and pulled him closer, allowing the smaller male to snuggle into his chest for comfort. the other’s back, Jaemin sighed before he lightly kissed the top of Renjun’s head in what he hoped would convey his desire to help the other. Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me.
“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, Renjun,” He whispered, feeling Renjun shake his head against his chest with the smaller male tightening his hold around him even more. 

“I’m sorry,” Renjun whispered back, making Jaemin’s heart drop at how small and scared he sounded. “I’m really sorry, Jaemin.”

“Shhh…Renjun you don’t have to apologise for not telling me,” He replied, wanting the other to smile again and not cry. “I know that we all have our reasons.”

“…I don’t want them to take you…” The other’s voice was soft and hesitant, as if what Renjun was admitting was…forbidden. Is it because of the policies that you don’t want me to flirt with you? Are you just as scared as I am? Why do those policies exist anyway?

“…Then don’t let them take me,” He replied, voice coming out just as quiet as Renjun’s. Vaguely, Jaemin realised that the fingers that were playing with the hem of his shirt had stilled and were gripping the hem instead. 

“…I’d have to leave you for that.” He heard Renjun whisper, regret and sadness laced in his tone as Jaemin saw another tear slip from his eyes.

“Then make sure you come back,” He stated, gently wiping the tear and the ones that had followed. Just come back. 

 

“I don’t know if I’ll be able to come back, Jaemin…”

 

“Don’t say that. Never say that.” 

 

Jaemin didn’t know what had possessed him to have such a bite in his voice. He saw Renjun flinch at his words, sniffling even more after he had said them as fresh tears escaped his eyes. 

“You’ll come back. I know you will,” He reassured the other who simply cried even more, words not being formed between them but the actions of Jaemin wiping Renjun’s tears and saying sweet nothings to assure him spoke more than what his words ever could. 

“I’m…I’m so sorry…there’s no other option…” Renjun mumbled, Jaemin calmly kissing the top of his head in a comforting way while wiping his tears. Don’t cry, Renjun…we’ll get through this together. “There’s no other way that would succeed…”

“Then we’ll just have to make sure that this plan works and that you…,” Jaemin started, lightly pressing a kiss to Renjun’s forehead and lingering a tad longer than necessary. “…come back to me.”

 

“I’ll try my best to come back…I…I have to come back for the project at least.”

 

Oh yeah…the project on freaking cognitive psychology exists…

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Hyung! You have to calm down!” Jeno’s voice split through Mark’s ears as he walked furiously down the hall and away from the room that hosted Renjun and Jaemin. He didn’t want to stay around the two any longer - not when he had opened the door to find them cuddling and kissing each other while uttering loving and comforting words that made him reflect on his own ruined love life. “I know you’re pissed but-“ Oh I’m more than pissed! All those nights being called to Taeyong-hyung’s room because I was spending too much time with you or Donghyuck has finally taken a toll on me!

“It’s not just that, Jeno!” He shouted back, turning around and facing the younger who stopped abruptly when he came closer. Ignoring the rapid beating of his heart, Mark walked closer. “Doesn’t it annoy you?! How Taeyong-hyung tolerates Renjun’s feelings but not ours?!” Remembering the smile of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter