Hope?

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I can’t believe he ing shot me,” He spat out, hissing when he was hauled up by his gang’s medic and negotiator. “Or that he kicked me out.” Deciding to glare at the door that Taeyong had disappeared behind - the same one that Johnny and Taeil had entered after and the same one that held Renjun - Yuta let his eyes land on Minhyung and Donghyuck. 

“We have a perfectly good explanation-“ He shook his head at Minhyung’s unravelling statement, already knowing that the other was going to bring up Jeno who had a tendency to be reckless - it was probably the sole reason why Taeil had sent him to be with Jaemin in the resting room. 

“He went to Jaemin,” He said bluntly, smiling softly at Minhyung who sighed in relief with Donghyuck mimicking his actions. “You might want to go there. It’s the room that they were blocking when we went in for a negotiation.”

“Hyung, I don’t know where that is,” Minhyung replied, worry creeping into his eyes as Yuta sighed and dug into his pocket to pull out the spare communication earplugs that he always had with him in case his own broke. 

“Here, it’s connected with Jaehyun back at base,” He explained, swallowing and hoping that everyone would come out of whatever was coming their way alive. “He’s got the maps.”

“Thank you, hyung,” Minhyung whispered, quickly switching the devices on and scurrying away with Donghyuck sticking close, their hands clasped in one another and making himself smile. 

“Taeyong-hyung will come to his senses, Yuta-hyung,” Doyoung stated and he decided to glare at the younger, raising an eyebrow slowly.

“The guy shot my shoulder. That doesn’t exactly spell ‘romantic’,” He replied bitterly, sighing and moving to lean against the wall just before he heard a panicked message come in through the device in his ear - the clear one that Taeyong always didn’t like since he never knew Yuta was using them until after the mission. 

 

“Yuta-hyung, I’m not down for Minhyung and Donghyuck being there but we got a bigger problem…You know that B.A.P member who pretty much disappeared a while ago? He’s about twenty metres away from all of you! They’re in danger!”

“Twenty metres? But that’s-“ A slow and terrible feeling overcame his stomach when he realised what was around twenty metres away from their current standpoint. “That’s where the door towards the surgery room is.”

 

“Yeah, and Jeno isn’t strong enough to defeat Yongguk!”


~ ~ ~

 

Three kicks and the door had flown open. 

 

Lee Jeno silently cursed Stray Kids for not having better security as he took his gun out and noticed the syringes and drugs that he could use if need be.

 

“Ah, there you are,” The other said, quickly tearing his mask with B.A.P’s symbol and pointing the gun at him. “That wound you gave me back then left a pretty nasty scar.”

“You ing died,” He pointed out, swallowing thickly and remembering the blood that had seeped out from under the other’s clothes when he had fallen to his bullet. “There was too much blood.”

“Got a donor.” Taking a deep breath, Jeno steadied his gun as the other laughed. “This would be cute and all if you hadn’t tried to kill me in cold blood.”

“It wasn’t cold blood! You abused hyung!” He shouted, anger causing his hand to shake as the other rolled his eyes. “You abused all of your slaves!”

“They’re slaves, Jeno. We bought their lives and their bodies.” He couldn’t bear to listen to the other anymore. “But that is not what I’m here for. Where’s Renjun? Give us our slave and we’ll spare your life.”

 

Instead of answering like a sane person, Jeno let his judgement be clouded and pulled his trigger, hitting the man who he refused to name in the stomach.

 

He heard Jaemin scream behind him and silently apologised in his mind to the other before he pulled the trigger again and hitting the other man’s dominant hand. 

 

“You ing .” 

 

Everything was too fast - the man had suddenly wrapped his hand around his throat and was squeezing so hard that his breaths were being cut short and thinned.

 

Hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter