Nine Out Of Ten

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You wouldn’t shoot me.” He heard the man state and could see Donghyuck’s hands tremble even more. “You’re not used to this life. Haven’t even put a bullet in someone, I bet.”

“You know nothing about him,” He said, coughing and standing up, feeling the need to protect the other two in the room. “Leave him out of this.” Where’s my gun? 

“He can’t point a gun at me and expect to live.” Jeno scoffed as he gave up on trying to find his gun, instead looking for an opening that would enable him to run to the syringes for a weapon. “Look kid, just put down the gun, you don’t know what you’re doing.”

“I…I know what I’m doing!” He heard Donghyuck and shout and sighed internally at the younger’s stubbornness. “Mark-hung even said I was a good shot!”

“Mark? Minhyung?” The man questioned and Jeno found himself asking the same thing. “The one who came from SUJU?”

“Hyuck, put the gun down and run back to the rest of NCT,” He stated, voice bordering on begging as Donghyuck shook his head. 

“I came here with Mark-hyung to make sure you don’t die, Jeno!” Donghyuck shouted and Jeno saw the other’s grip on the gun tighten. “I can’t stand and do nothing!”

“No but Hyuck-“

“Oh enough of this,” The man interrupted, rolling his eyes and pointing his gun at Donghyuck. “Here kid, I’ll give you a fight to remember.”

 

Before Jeno could even move to get Donghyuck out of harm’s way, a metal tray came flying from behind him and hit the man in the back of the head. 

 

“Jeno! Now!” He heard Jaemin shout, not even bothering to look back as he ran towards the syringes and threw them at the man. One had lodged itself in the man’s arm while the other lodged itself dangerously close to his stomach wound. He heard a gunshot - didn’t even know where it had come from - and tackled Donghyuck to the ground, hovering above him and grabbing the gun from his hands. 

“You shouldn’t be here,” He stated, glaring down at the younger who glared right back. “Go back and make sure Mark-hyung keeps you safe!”

“Well you shouldn’t do anything stupid,” Donghyuck replied just before the sound of another metal tray hitting the man behind him resounded through the air.

“I’m taking this,” He stated, standing up and moving back towards the man who had now started to advance towards Jaemin who was incapable of moving from the bed due to fear. 

“No, no you aren’t!” Donghyuck protested, ripping the gun out of his hands, aiming very briefly at the back of the man’s head before pulling the trigger. 

“Donghyuck-“

 

Jaemin’s scream cut his words off as he saw the man fall on his best friend’s lap, body limp and blood pooling around his wounds. 

 

“Oh my ing god! He’s dead!” Jaemin screamed, hurriedly pushing the body away from him and screaming even more when it rolled to the ground. “He’s…He’s not breathing!”

“Oh my god…I killed him…” He heard Donghyuck whisper beside him and Jeno swallowed briefly, rushing to Jaemin’s side and helping him get off the bed. When he looked to check up on Donghyuck again, the gun that was previously in his hands was now on the floor and Donghyuck was staring at his hands in anger. 

“Donghyuck,” He called, reaching out an arm while keeping the other on Jaemin’s waist to steady him. “Donghyuck, this doe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter