Trackers and Hope

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want you to place a tracker in me.”

“What the actual , Mark Lee?!”

 

Mark stared at the angered and confused face of their technician who he had disturbed three days before the mission. After thinking for days on end about the situation, Mark had come to the conclusion that if they needed to trade someone for the two hostages, he wouldn’t hesitate to go and fill in that position. He was a sniper and he knew that TRCNG could use the extra back up for missions - TRCNG’s own sniper, Jisung, wasn’t that great. Not only that, Mark was clinging to the hope that his knowledge of how NCT worked due to being close to their leader would be enough to hit the jackpot and convince them to take him. I can’t let Jeno go and I won’t let Renjun go either. We’re not trading Jaemin and if we can’t give Kangmin in for both of them, I’m going to do my best to go in their place. 

“You can’t expect me to blindly agree to that,” Yuta replied, shock evident on his face which was the reaction that Mark had expected. 

“Look, I’m not letting Renjun go through that slave again and no way am I giving away a civilian,” He explained desperately, moving closer to the older male who frowned even more. “No one else can do this but me. I know that NCT would do fine without me. We can’t lose our connections to SUJU or the Zhongs!”

“No, you were transferred here!” Yuta protested, crossing his arms and glaring at the younger. “Henry-hyung told us that you would be helpful and you’ve proven that by rescuing Jeno far too many times.”

“It’s not called ‘rescuing’ if he was never captured in the first place,” Mark stated, heading over to Yuta’s desk that was within the older’s hotel room and sat in the chair as Yuta looked at him in disapproval. “You know that Jeno chooses to go missing for SUJU.”

 

“Not my point,” Yuta dismissed, heading over to sit on the edge of his bed. “I’m still not placing a tracker in you. I’m not placing a tracker in anyone if they’re planning to give themselves to TRCNG.”

“No, Yuta-hyung!” Mark shouted desperately, getting up and moving closer to the older male who simply stared at him in disapproval. “Please you have to do this for me!”

“Are you kidding me?! Taeyong would kill me!” Yuta shouted back, standing up and walking closer to where Mark was near the desk. “Do you have any idea how dead I would be if I did that?!”
“Please,” He pleaded, breaking his exterior to show how desperate he truly was. I can’t have anyone else giving themselves in. “If you can’t do it for me, do it for the sake of Renjun and Jeno. Think about them too…” After a short moment of Yuta looking at him with a stern expression, Mark heard the older sigh and walk back to the bed. He could only watch as Yuta placed his knees on the floor and stretched his limbs to retrieve somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter