You Can Bark But Never Be The First To Bite

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Huang Renjun had never expected that a simple curious interest in one fellow student at his university was going to result in a witness of his latest drug exchange with the WGC Alliance. 

“You alright there, Injun? You seem…out of it,” He heard the member that he was closest to ask him as they left the troublesome student in the alleyway, probably passed out since the other had no mercy when he threatened him. 

“Yeah, I’m good, Mark-hyung…thanks by the way,” Renjun replied, smiling softly at the other who finally took off his mask since it was getting too stuffy for him to handle. Seeing the other - Mark or more commonly known as Minhyung in the underworld - never failed to make Renjun feel safe. Minhyung was reliable, one of the best snipers that there ever were who was also fully capable of defending himself and others in close combat. Mark Lee was a brilliant student at the university, forensic science major who seemed to have a troublesome roommate. 

“You know you don’t have to call me that when it’s us…the other hyungs don’t even call me that!” The older protested, making Renjun laugh quietly in response at his antics. 

“Anyway, are you going back to base?” Renjun asked him, not wanting to confront his boss about the witness to the exchange alone. 

“I have to get home before Jaemin does. Otherwise, he’ll ask questions and I’m pretty sure he recognised me back there,” The other explained, eyes giving Renjun a separate apology altogether. 

“Yeah, alright. I’ll head to base then. See you,” Renjun curtly said, waving at the other and only making his way to the five star skyscraper hotel that served as his gang’s base when Minhyung was out of sight. Entering the lobby, Renjun didn’t hesitate to travel to the 40th floor, easily stepping out of the elevator and going into the last room - Room 4015. Fourth floor, room fifteen…hopefully, I don’t die when I go in there… Pressing the doorbell, Renjun waited until someone opened the door - as per protocol. 

 

The male who opened the door was the same height as him, earrings adorning both of his ears per usual. He had a black cap on and a smile plastered on his face, eyes crinkling when he saw Renjun.

“Back from the exchange?” The other asked him and Renjun nodded, smiling back at the man who beckoned him in and shut the door after him. Renjun didn’t bother taking his shoes off. What’s the point if I’m going to be out in a few minutes?

“He’s here, TY,” The other informed the man who was currently on the bed, polishing a gun and inspecting it. Clean freak boss as always. 

“Thanks, Ten. How was the exchange, Renjun?” His boss asked him and Renjun felt himself relax and sit in one of the chairs that was in the luxury hotel room. 

“Smoothly, to say the least,” Renjun answered, not directly saying that there was a witness but not directly denying the possibility of it either. He heard TY hum before he found the gun that he was polishing pointed at him. 

“You shot a bullet.” The statement didn’t make Renjun’s blood freeze like the first time Taeyong had said it back when he was just starting to get the hang of his job. 

“I did shoot a bullet,” He replied, face blank as he stared at the older’s face - the older who had given him a family that he wouldn’t trade for the world, not even for stupid Na Jaemin. 

“Why’d you shoot a bullet, Jun?” Ten asked him from his stance that was leaning against the wall, looking at Renjun with pure surprise on his face. That was to be expected…I don’t usually go around shooting bullets despite the amount of times that I pull out my gun. 

“You know our rule, Renjun. You can bark but you can never be the first to bite,” Taeyong warned, eyeing him and Renjun put up his hands in surrender, leaning back on his seat. 

“I didn’t shoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter