You'll Be Okay...I Promise

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, Huang Renjun.” He looked up from where he sat on the floor with his guns in his holsters, carefully eyeing the male at the door - one of the few who had stood near the back of the room during the negotiation. “Come with me.”

“Why would I-“

“Renjun, go.” He heard Taeyong state, his leader looking at him with tired eyes. “We’re not here to make enemies.”

“Come on,” The male stated, turning his back and walking out as Renjun scrambled to stand up and follow. When he caught up, he noticed a few things about the other - fair hair, fair skin, calculating eyes and a confident aura. 

“What do you want?” He asked harshly, cold facade already being slipped on with every step he took.

“You know Hyunjin, right?” The other asked, glancing at him before harshly turning a corner as he hesitantly nodded and avoided slipping. “I’m taking you to see him now.”

“Where is he?” He asked, fingers dancing where his guns lay in their rightful holsters, following the other who led him to a staircase. “And who exactly are you?”

“Han,” The other replied, climbing the step alongside him before opening a hatch and revealing sunlight. “That’s my name now.”

“I’m Renjun,” He replied dumbly, not missing the judging look that the other gave him before climbing out of the hatch with Renjun scrambling to follow.

“Meet Hyunjin again,” Han stated, voice incredibly sad as he pointed to a place that was hidden in shadows in the corner. Upon closer inspection, with what seemed like planted grass crunching beneath his feet, Renjun was met face to face with a wooden cross that had been haphazardly stuck in the ground to stay in the shadows. He felt his throat constrict as he stared at the poor yet secure tying of the rope around where the wooden planks met, the cross seeming to shy away from the light as he approached it. Beneath the cross was a mound of dirt that was home to several lilies that were surely not there when Stray Kids had found the area to become their base.
“A long time ago, we used to have a large base,” Han started, his footsteps nearing where Renjun was standing before the cross and stopping next to him. “About three months ago we were raided.”

“Why?” He asked, voice coming out smaller than it had ever done. “You guys don’t seem like you had enemies.”

“We had one,” Han answered, sighing before he sat down on the ground before the cross, adjusting a lily that had grown with a bend in its stem. “They just wanted their slave back.”

“So they raided you?” He asked, knowing full well who Han was referring to, moving to sit down beside the other in front of the cross. 

 

“Yes and no, they waited until we were trying to remove the tracker and when we were more worried about Hyunjin than ourselves,” Han replied and Renjun watched as the other sighed and brushed off a few specks of dirt from the wood. “Minho hadn’t even started when they set it off.”

“But if it’s a bomb…wouldn’t Minho be blown up as well?” He asked since he had always assumed that the bomb would be powerful enough to cause a surgeon to jump to her death to save everyone. Instead of an answer, he was met with a scoff before Minho was pointing to something that was leaning on the wall behind the cross - something that he had failed to notice earlier. It was a hunk of metal that was very disfigured, spokes sticking out of thin tires and sturdy fabric that would have been a seat.

“That’s a wheelchair,” He stated dumbly, eyebrows furrowing as he turned to Han who smiled softly at him. “Was Hyunjin in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter