Exchange

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, so don’t talk, don’t move unless you need to and don’t do anything stupid.” Jaemin nodded along with each and every word that came out of Renjun’s mouth, not wanting this to end badly. “I really don’t want you to get hurt, Jaemin.”

“I’ll just stay out of the way and go where you want me to,” He replied, wincing slightly when he placed his hand down on his injured thigh. “But you’ll have to bear with me since this leg is a pain.” He heard Renjun sigh as the van that they were in slowly came to a stop behind what seemed like an abandoned warehouse. Graffiti covered the sides of the building with vines wrapping around the old bricks, closed door and wired gate protecting it. 

“Jaemin?” He hastily turned his head to meet Mark’s eyes, comfort and reassurance evident in every crevice of his face. “We won’t let anything happen to you.”

“I’ll hold you to that, Mark-hyung,” He replied, voice coming out small and timid as a tall man in a simple black t-shirt ordered them to get out of the van. 

“So who’s that again?” Jaemin asked Renjun when they were out, tugging on Renjun’s grey jacket sleeve to get his attention. The smaller male giggled in response before pointing to the tall male who had told them to get out of the van as he walked towards the wired gate. 

“That’s Johnny-hyung. He’s like Taeyong-hyung’s right hand man but probably has more control over NCT than Taeyong-hyung, himself,” Renjun informed him, moving to point at a shorter male who seemed to be telling Mark some jokes in English. “And that’s Ten-hyung. He’s really funny but he can be serious when he needs to be.”

“And we’ll be safe with them?” Jaemin asked quietly, not really trusting the two since he didn’t know them personally. Renjun chuckled at him before reaching up and lightly ruffling his hair.

“Yes, you’ll be safe with them. Besides, it’s not like I’m going to let you out of my sight today,” Renjun reassured him, smiling softly at him and making Jaemin’s breath cut short. 

“That’s not good if you need to convince them to not take me,” He retaliated, smiling wide when Renjun rolled his eyes at the statement before Mark screamed over at them to hurry up since they had finally picked the lock on the wired gate entrance. 

 

~ ~ ~

 

Walking into the abandoned warehouse conjured so many unwanted memories. The simple crates and other humans who were littered around the area reminded Renjun too much of his past. I want to bother Yuta-hyung about this place…but I know that we don’t need to bother him unless something goes wrong. 

“Welcome, NCT!” A cheery voice greeted them despite the situation, TRCNG’s own sniper coming forward once they stepped through the warehouse doors. 

“Jisung. Where’s Taeseon?” Johnny stiffly asked, eyeing Ten who had immediately placed his hand on the holster of his gun. “We’re here for the exchange.” But no one is going to exchanged. 

“Is that why you’ve got the boy toy?” Jisung asked slyly, eyes washing over Jaemin’s form in a way that made Renjun’s hands touch his holsters at his lower back. He saw Jisung’s eyes wander over to his steady form and swore that the glint in the other’s irises was mischief. “Don’t worry, Injun. No one’s taking your precious baby away.” He’s not-

 

“I wouldn’t say that exactly, Jisung,” Taeseon stated, emerging from behind them as the daylight scorched his eyes from behind the other male with the hostages. “This is an exchange after all.” As Taeseon and more members of TRCNG holding the hostages came forward, Renjun’s grip glided from his holster to his actual gun. Don’t point it unless they do first. 

“Careful there, Injun,” Jisung warned him, flashing him a cheeky smile that Renjun wanted to rip off. Once, he would have done anything to get the other to smile but now…now, his smiles were taunting in a way that made his blood boil. “You guys can’t shoot first. Same with you, Mark Lee.” Quickly glancing at Minhyung, Renjun wasn’t expecting to see that the older male had already pulled his gun out and was pointing it towards the floor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter