Blaring Pain

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been three hours of sitting in that waiting room after he had witnessed Taeil and Taeyong fight, three whole hours of Renjun missing and not knowing whether Jaemin was okay or not. 

 

But that was all over when Minho opened the door and peeked his head in, blood splattered on his clothes in several lines as he smiled softly at them. 

 

“Bomb out and disposed,” Minho informed them and Jeno couldn’t stop the smile that spread across his face in what Jeno thought was relief. “We can celebrate but we have a problem.”

“What kind of problem?” Doyoung asked, his eyebrows furrowing as Minho stepped fully in the room and sighed heavily. 

“I…I don’t know how to break this to you but…Renjun isn’t around. I can’t find him anywhere so I can’t operate on him,” Minho reported and Jeno felt himself becoming more confused because surely Renjun would have been with another Stray Kids member. 

“He left with one of your guys,” He replied, earning warning looks from Taeil and shrugging in response. “Don’t know where they went.”

“Um…was he about this tall and a bit pushy?” Minho asked, placing his hand near the height of the male that had escorted Renjun out and Jeno blatantly nodded, ignoring everyone else’s stares. “Ah .”

“Why? What’s wrong?” His leader asked, Taeyong already taking a step towards Minho who shook his head and ran a hand through his hair in what seemed to be frustration. 

“It’s uh…nothing…I just…can I um…can I steal him?” Minho asked Taeyong, pointing to Jeno who raised an eyebrow. “Like now?” Confused, Jeno glanced at Taeyong who seemed to have his guard on.

“Why? What are you going to do to him?” He heard his leader demand rather than ask, icy glare combined with a protective aura. “We don’t hand over our youngest to anyone.”

“It’s about the guy he killed a few years back,” Minho answered and Jeno saw Taeyong’s face harden before he was turning to face him. 

“Be safe, Jeno. Don’t make rash decisions,” Taeyong warned him before clapping a hand on his shoulder and sending one last glare in Minho’s direction. “And remember-“

“Don’t shoot first, yeah I know, hyung,” He interrupted, voice flat before he was walking towards Minho and the other had grabbed his wrist and was speed walking through the hallways while running his mouth along the way.

“I don’t even know who you killed, this is about Renjun,” He heard Minho state, the other glancing at him every so often. “If Jisung took him to visit Hyunjin, there’s a possibility they were caught and your older members would actually kill us so-“

“Hey, breathe,” He interrupted, ripping his wrist out of the other’s grip and stopping in the middle of the hallway. “Start fro the beginning.”

“Hyunjin’s dead. Jisung - the one who probably took him - probably led him to Hyunjin’s grave at the back,” Minho said, glancing around them warily before speed walking once more. Confused, Jeno ran to catch up.

“Okay but what does that have to do with you panicking?” He asked, trying his best to keep up with the other. 

“Our leader has a habit of shooting other people to punish us,” Minho informed him, glancing at Jeno before stopping in front of a door. “It’s time to see if that was the case this time around.”

“Wait what kind of leader-“ Jeno was interrupted by the sound of Minho opening the door to reveal a slightly messy bedroom filled with people who were in Stray Kids and two people who he knew for a fact were not meant to even be in the vicinity. However, it was the sight of the boy on the bed that made his heart drop. 

 

“Chan-hyung found you, didn’t he?” Minho asked, pulling Jeno inside and kicking the door shut while Jeno’s brain was still trying to process the fact that Renjun was dangerously pale, dangerously unmoving with a bandage wrapped tight around his head. 

“I’m sorry, he wasn’t meant to-“ The guy who had asked for Renjun started as Minho shook his head with a quiet ‘ing hell’. 

“We’re all as good as dead, aren’t we?” Another member of Stray Kids said, scoffing after and shaking his head - it was the one who had greeted them, Felix was what Jeno vaguely remembered his name to be. 

“Why did you bring him here?” A third male asked, rudely gesturing to Jeno who pointed at himself for confirmation. “Yes, you. I don’t see anyone else here who I don’t know.”

“Changbin, please,” Minho begged, a more human side to him coming out and very different from the boy who played with knives in the negotiation room. “Civil.”

“I’m sorry but NCT is going to ing kill us! Their negotiator is shot, he won’t remember anything that happens to him from now on and we are ing screwed!” The one named Changbin screamed, laughing loudly to show his disbelief. “Chan-hyung might as well shoot all of us!”

“He wouldn’t,” Minho replied, eyeing all of his fellow members as Jeno let his eyes slide over to the two who he knew were meant to be very far away from Stray Kids’ underground base. “Knowing you ruined someone else’s life is punishment enough.”

“How many people have we ed up by now?!” Changbin screamed, walking closer to Minho. “Kevin, Lua, Jimin, Roa, Kyla, Jason, Jisoo, now Renjun…haven’t we suffered enough, Minho?”

“We can’t just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter