Isn't It Weird?

Or I'll Shoot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t you think it’s weird, though? I mean, he always comes to lectures with bruises and cuts but no one beats him up! There has to be something weird going on there! And before you say it’s because he could have fought back, I swear to god that he’s so skinny and weak that he probably can’t fight!” 

 

Jeno simply rolled his eyes at the antics of his best friend, Na Jaemin, who was coming up with some other conspiracy theory about this one guy in their university. 

 

“Jaemin, you’re probably reading too much into this. He could probably be a victim of domestic abuse, you never know,” Jeno stated, blowing on his cheap bowl of pho that tasted like plastic. Jaemin huffed and crossed his arms, blowing out his cheeks as he glared at the other. 

“But like, what if-“

“Jaemin, seriously stop. Think about what he would think if he knew you were thinking about him like this.” Jaemin’s response was another huff and a pout. Jeno sighed as he stared the other down, not wanting to lose this battle. 

“How would I know what he thinks?! I’ve said one word to him and that was ‘here’ when he asked for a pencil in that psychology lecture!” Jaemin shouted at the other, pout increasing in size after his outburst. Today was not the day where Na Jaemin was going down. Not today. “And how would you know what he would think?!”

“Hey! I’m in the same club as him!” 

“Yes because you totally talk to him when you’re doing your contemporary modern , Jeno. We both know you’re only in that club because Herin’s there.”

“Look, just because I’m straight-“

 

Suddenly, the sound of someone dropping their textbooks and stationary resonated throughout the food court of the university and making everyone look at who caused the commotion. 

 

It was the student that Jaemin had been making his conspiracy theory about. He was sprawled on the floor, blue jumper sleeves riding up to reveal multiple bruises on his arms, and slowly lifting himself so that he could gather his books. When trying to get up, the student had managed to slip on a rogue piece of paper behind him and fall on his face yet again.

“See! He’s weak as !” Jaemin whisper-shouted to Jeno who rolled his eyes again. Jaemin’s arm was extended to point at the poor boy who had fallen, eyes glaring daggers into Jeno’s own. 

“Min, stop pointing, it’s rude.” Was all Jeno said before he saw the poor kid try and stand again. Jaemin simply observed the scene with interest as the student finally got up and began to pick up his belongings, hastily pulling his sleeves down to hide his bruises. Am I reading this all wrong? 

“Come on, we have ten minutes to your class,” Jeno stated as he pulled the collar of Jaemin’s shirt, making the other stand and look away from the male who had fallen. If Jaemin had looked back, he would have seen that same male looking in his direction before walking away. 

 

~ ~ ~

 

Jaemin moved stealthily in the crowd, blending in with the rest of the university students as he followed a certain male in a blue jumper. After Jaemin’s last class for the day (which had ended at around six), Jaemin had spotted the other student speed walking to some place and being the mature and responsible adult he was - Na Jaemin followed him. He had never seen the other’s face up close but he knew that the other barely had any friends, choosing to stick to himself unless he absolutely needed something (like that time in the psychology lecture where he asked Jaemin for a pencil). It was when the other had exited the university that Jaemin had a hard time trying not to be seen. Albeit, they were in the city and the massive crowds helped hide him but it was nearing sunset and barely anyone was out unless they were business workers or crazy teens. Come on, Jaemin. You can do this. Casually walking down the street while bullting a conversation on his phone, Jaemin kept following the other male. He must have been doing a good job since the other hadn’t turned around for the whole time that he had been tailing him so…Jaemin deemed that he was probably doing a good job. I wonder where he’s going. Jaemin kept following the other until he turned into a street that Jaemin was unfamiliar with. Nerves rising, Jaemin hesitated following him. I don’t know this area of the city and it’s night…do I follow him? I could be so close to something… Taking a deep breath, Jaemin entered the street just in time to see the other turn into an alleyway between two skyscraper buildings. Mustering enough courage to make his goddamn legs move, Jaemin noticed that the alleyway led to the back of another skyscraper building with a large garbage dump on his right and a few stacks of crates on his left. Fearing that he had probably lost the other male, he sighed and turned back around to go back home. At least I tried…

 

“Hello.”

 

“WHAT THE ACTUAL ?!” 

 

Jumping backwards, Jaemin only stared at the figure in front of him as he clutched at his chest and trying to calm down his heart from the appearance of the other. It was the male that he had been following - blue jumper and faded jeans with old Nike sneakers that had probably seen better days. The other boy’s hair was flat, front fringe touching the tips of his eyes - eyes that conveyed innoc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter