Old friend

Secret - The Sin

Close for walk-in, open for advance appointment only.

Ara stood in front of the notice board while seeping on her warm morning coffee. Her feet was doing the tapping with a steady rhythm. A minute later, Hanna, her colleague joined her with a mug on her hand. They exchanged a glance.


"Did something happened? Today is Wednesday right. Why did they close for walk-in", Ara asked her friend.


Hanna smiled sweetly, showing her dimple and spoke up, "Ah, that-- you know TopStar Entertainment?".


Ara nodded. Of course she knew it. It was one of the most successful talent agency. Daehyun also signed up with the agency. 


"They book the appointment last night. Apparently our professor has a connection with the TopStar president. They ask us to close it for public. Well the superstars are coming here", the lady said again.


Ara nodded uninterestingly. "So, who'll be in charge. I have three follow-up appointments today, and-- you have a paediatric appointment.. not us for sure", Ara said curiously.


Hanna thought for a while. "Medusa will be in charge-- well you know her".


Medusa, also as known as Lee Yebin. She was Ara junior but she had a blood tie with the professor at the clinic. Professor gave her the full authority here, in the clinic. She is nice but when she is with you. You would be suprised of what she'll say behind you. Really. Some even called her two face. 


The two lady walked towards their desk and prepared for their work. Both of them worked for day shift and usually professor, Yebin and Heera, another Optometrist worked on night shift. As they prepared, the sound of footsteps entering the clinic made them snapped at the transparent door.

Several slender, tall men entered with sunglasses and masks covering their pretty face. Stardusts appeared all over the sales assistants eyes. They were in charge of the registration counter. Ignoring them, both Hanna and Ara chuckled softly. They weren't too fond of artist. Hanna already betrothed to someone. She would get married next year.


The clock showed 8.05 in the morning. Usually her morning session patient would come around 8.30 a.m. She took the file of today's patient from the counter and walked out of the office.


Then a familiar voice called out her name. "Sunbaenim? Ara sunbae?", a gentle male voice broke the silence of the clinic. Ara turned to the voice. She was awestruck by the view of Moon Jongup infront of her. They exchanged a warm smile.


"Jongup-ah--", she said in disbelief. "--What are you--". She stopped as soon as her eyes caught another familiar figure next to him. Jung Daehyun.
"Hi Ara. Long time no see", Daehyun opened his mouth. Ara scoffed silently. You. 
"Both of you are under the same agency? I don't know that--", Ara said again. She curled a fake smile. Thanks to Jung Daehyun her mood was spoiled for no reason.

Ehemm. A lady cleared from behind. Lee Yebin. She put a sweet smile on her face and approached them. "Ara-sunbae, you have patient right this morning? If I were you, I wont be here", she said in a soft voice. Ara smirked a bit. It's freaking 8.10 in the morning though. Ara excused herself and walked off the hallway. 


"Good morning. I'm Lee Yebin, the person in charged for today. Nice to meet you", she said handing out her hand to shake. Daehyun ignored her and looked around. Jongup was bewildered by his sunbae action and quickly reached out Yebin hand. He gave her a smile. The other men also shook her hand. Hanna was watching the whole morning drama and snickering under her breath inside the office. So as the assistants.


Afternoon came fast. Ara just discharged her last patient for the day. She leaned against the chair and shutted her eyes, inhaling a big amount of air. This evening she would just accept any walk-in patients.

The TopStar artists must have done with their examination and consultation. As she was resting in the room, twice soft knocks were heard from outside. Someone was knocking the door. She opened her eyes at the same time the door squeaked open. 


"Hey. You finish already right?", Jung Daehyun stammered his words. 
Ara was in bewilderment. She just nodded her head. 
"Its lunch time already. Let's eat together--", Daehyun invited her. "-- Jongup too", he said again to reassure her. He knew both of them were not in a comfortable relationship.


Ara wanted to reject the invitation but then Yebin appeared at the door. She asked her to join them since everyone was going too. They would close the clinic for the lunch time and apparently she just asked the permission from the professor. Well professor approved it. She sighed heavily and agreed to have a lunch with them. Daehyun gazed at Ara attentively. There was something he wanted to say, in private. 


"Ara-yah, lets talk", Daehyun said as soon as Yebin left them alone. He walked towards the table.
Ara sighed. Ignoring him, Ara took her handbag, slung on her shoulder and walked passed by him. Their shoulder slightly brushed against each other. Daehyun stopped her by grabbing her wrist tightly.


"Ara-yah--", he opened his mouth again.


The lady stopped, without uttering any word. She didn't even looked at him. Daehyun spun her body around, making her facing him.


"The thing-- you know I'm not -- I'm a public figure now.. So about that-- that night. Please keep it--"


Ara chuckled in disbelief. "You are really a trash. How could you ever said that. That night-- I really didn't want to talk about it. You kill him .. no, we kill him". Ara's chest became heavy. The first tear fell from her right eye. She quickly wiped the tears. 


"Let go of me. I don't want to talk about this anymore", she exclaimed, trying to brush away his strong grip.
"Ara-yah!!", Daehyun shook her slender body. He still have something to tell her.
"Let.Me.Go", Ara said again, pressing each words. Anger filled out her eyes. The man finally released his grip. 


She turned around and walked out of the room. "Yah! Choi Ara!!", Daehyun called her name from behind but the lady ignored him. Daehyun was so frustrated. He clenched his fist and hit the wall hard.


Everyone in the clinic was stunned. They didn't say a word.  They was surprised when Daehyun shouted the girl's name and seeing her red eyes when she passed by the counter to sign the attendance and some files. And a second later they heard a loud bang coming from Daehyun whereabout.


"I'm not joining the lunch", Ara said curtly before leaving the clinic. Jongup just looked at her without saying anything. The vibe in the clinic was so dark. A minute later, Daehyun came out from inside with a furious face plastering his good-looking face. He just walked out of the clinic without saying anything. Nobody dared to greet him.