You and I

Secret - The Sin

Night. Ara's house.


“Is that you Youngjae-yah”. She switched off the bathroom’s light and walked to her bed. Hugging herself with the bathrobe, she jumped onto her fluffy bed. Ah so sleepy. 


“Did you see her already—“, she asked Youngjae but there was no one in the house. Three days had passed since Jaebum came to her house. Today they said they want to meet the special force detective. "Youngjae-yah", she called again his name. No answer. She was alone. Ara furrowed. She was pretty sure someone access the digital main door lock when she was in shower. 


“Youngjae-yah…”, she called him. No answer. She looked at the doorway, vacant. Gulped. Maybe it was just her feeling. 


She let out a sigh of relief and turned around the other side of the bed and facing the opening window, blowing the wind to the curtain. She shut her eyes for a second then a noise made her sat up. She refrained herself to scream to a view of an intruder in her room. They locked their eyes for several awkward second. 


The lady crept out of the queen size bed and stumbled backward. Mustering all her strength, she spoke up. “W-who… Who are you?”, Ara stuttered. Distance herself from the stranger, she backed up until her back hit the wall behind her. Ara's breathing hitched as he locked his gaze on her. She pulled herself together and looked at him.He approached her. 


“Y-you… Stop!! Don’t come any further”


“Ara-sshi. It’s just me”. She frowned her eyebrows. How did he know my name? THE MURDERER? But the voice was so familiar. Her room was so dark so she couldn't really see the face of the intruder.


“Stoppp!!”, she screamed, terrified. 


Reaching a vase from the table next to her, she threw it towards the guy. Ara looked around to find something to be a weapon for protection. No knife. No scissor. She gulped down her saliva. 


“Calm down. I’m not gonna hurt you. Just calm down first”, he said again, pacing toward her.

Seeing the guy approaching Ara, she bravely kicked him hard where the sun didn’t shine. Kneeling down in front of her, he groaned in pain. She shoved him aside and escaped from the second floor as quickly as possible. 


Refraining herself to cry, Ara dragged her feet out of the hallway, entering the laundry room. She hid behind the door. She didn't lock the door, afraid that the noise of the clicking lock could be heard by the intruder and there was no place to hide.


Silence.


Tap. Tap. She heard footsteps, outside. Ara covered . Her breath caught in throat. She could heard the intruder opened the other room's doors one by one. The footsteps  became closer and stopped right infront of the laundry room door. 


"Ara-sshi---", the voice whispered through the keyhole. She shivered in fear. She was so terrified. Never in her life that she experienced such nightmare.


"Are you scared?", the intruder said again.


Ara covered with both of her palm, closing her eyes shut. Her face was soaked with excessive cold sweat. 


The guy pushed the door opened. The door creaked when he opened the door, sending shiver throughout her body. She shutted her eyes tightly. He peeked behind the door, staring at her with a big grin. Entering the room, he kneeled right infront of the girl. He was humming to a song, her favourite song. Goodnight kiss. She sang the song every morning. A minute later, the psychopath sniggered, giving her a contemptuous smile. He rose her hand and rested it on top of her head, caressing her hair gently. Ara was dying inside. She trembled as his fingers touched her hair. 


"This might be our last date, Ara-sshi", he spoke up. Ara flinched a bit, she recognized the voice. Jinwoo-sshi? She still didn't open her eyes, petrified by the guy action. "You are not going to look at me", he said again, now he stopped patting her hair.
Out of the blue, he pulled her into his chest, cuddling her warmly. They stayed like that for a while. Ara slowly opened her eyes. This smell. "J-jinwoo-sshi??", she finally uttered a word. The guy just patted her back, calming her. She didn't know how to react. 


"Let's meet again in this lifetime. Wait for me", he whispered into her ears. Ara was baffled and confused. 


"What do you mean? Jinwoo-sshi, are you going s-somewhere??", Ara asked. Now, she could breath properly.

"Uhm. You'll hear it soon. I give a hole and I think it is almost the time for them to discover", he said again, unwrapping his arms. "I want to see you before I go", he looked into her eyes, giving her the most heartwarming smile he could offer. They looked into each other for seconds before Ara's vision became hazy. Jinwoo slyly injected her with a syringe, filled with transparent liquid. A sedative. She fell on his arm, motionless. He carried her bridal-style to the second floor, carefully putting her onto her bed. Again, he stared at the immobile lady earnestly. "So Yoo Youngjae is still alive and you are hiding him here", he smirked before leaving her.


An hour later, a siren was heard from outside. Cops flooded her house, checking the situation. Later they burst into the house and searched for the victim and criminal. Ara was still on her bed, sleeping peacefully. The cops rushed inside, saving her. But Jinwoo was nowhere to be seen. He left for good, without any trace.