He Called

Secret - The Sin

Mapo Eye Clinic


Ara sat opposite to her patient and flipped through the examination sheet on her hands. After a while, she looked at her, curling a warm smile.


“Okay miss, your vision is normal. Everything is normal except for your muscle strength.  That’s why you complain sometime you feel dizzy and double after a long near work.”


She nodded, gazing at Ara attentively. 


“So to help you regain eye muscle strength, here is a simple exercise you should do at home.”


Ara grabbed her pen from the table and opened the cap, holding it parallel to her patient's nose. 


“Here… You focus on the pen tip, it is still clear right?”, the lady in white coat instructed her. “Yes clear”, the patient  replied.


“Okay focus at the tip and bring the pen closer to you until the pen tip looks blurry”, Ara explained again.


“Ooops blur already”, she opened .


“Okay now tried to focus on the tip and make the image clear then bring forward. If the image is still blur, bring the pen away until you see clear okay”, she said again. The patient nodded her head.


“Okay so when do you think is the suitable time to exercise this”, she asked the young girl sitting across her, locking her eyes on her.


“B-before sleep??”, she stuttered.


Smiling at her, Ara recapped the pen and put the examination sheet on the table. “Yes before sleep. And why? Because your eyes tend to feel fatigue after the exercise so you just go to sleep”.


After finishing up her report, Ara greeted her colleagues and went straight to the parking lot. She got into her sedan, and was ready to go when her phone ringing inside her handbag. She frowned to the name appeared on her phone screen. Liutenant Kim. They did exchanged their number during the blind date last week. But since then, they never contacted each other. 


Ara swiped to the right, answering the call, "Hello".
"Hello. Ara-sshi?", a male voice was heard from the other side of line.


"Yes I am. Jinwoo-sshi?", she asked.


"Yes. You busy tonight?", Jinwoo bluntly asked her. 


The lady paused for a second before answering him, "I just got off from work. Why is that?"


"Me too. I just clock off from work----- Let's meet later. I will pick you at your house"


"Oh--okay. I'll send you my address", the lady replied.


They hung up. Finally she could breath properly. Why did he called out of the blue. She sent her address before leaving the parking lot, straight to her resident.


Fifteen minutes later, Ara arrived at her house. She parked her car in the porch and a high beam of light shone outside. A SUV car was already parked outside. Ara jumped out of the car, unlocking the gate and went outside. She waved at him before entering his car.