Friend or Foe

Secret - The Sin

"Let him sleep. I'm freaking tired too. You can use the other room", climbing up the stairs, Ara told Youngjae without looking at him. She strode weakly to her bed and threw her handbag onto the comfy bed. Snatching the hanging pajama, the lady went to the bathroom with her toiletries.


Fifteen minutes later, she went out of the bathroom and looked over the rail, scanning the first floor. Dark and empty. "He must have gone to bed already", she muttered, wiping her long silky hairs harshly. Not long after that, Ara switched off the light and jumped onto her bed. Staring on the darkness, the lady sighed reminiscing the unusual events that kept happening to her these days. Her dead friend came back alive. A psychopathic killer might have been stalking her. She got herself a cop-boyfriend. And the rising star was her old friend and now he was sleeping under the same roof. She laughed amusingly by her last thought. The hell was that. The lady forced herself to sleep rather than thinking about useless stuff.


***


A loud voices from downstair woke Ara up from her good sleep. Stretching her arms, the lady went to the rail and looked down, watching the two guys talking. 


"Why don't you wake me up last night. I told you to wake me up if she come home", Daehyun freaked out, messing his brown hair. 


Ara groaned pissfully. "You have schedule today?", she asked him, looking down at the guy.


"No. But I sneak out of the dorm", Jung Daehyun replied curtly. He walked back and forth. Anxiety built up inside him.


"Then why the hell did you freak out. Just text or call them. Tell them you sleepover at your parents house or something. Easy", she scowled then disappeared from his sight. 

The guy was out of words. Youngjae approached him from behind and patted his shoulder. "Daehyun-ah, even though I really hate the way she talks sometime, but she is right", Youngjae told his friend, chuckling annoyingly. Daehyun brushed Youngjae's hand off his shoulder and walked into Youngjae's room. He made a call to someone.


Ara was preparing a simple breakfast for her when her two guy friends came into the kitchen. She just made scrambled eggs and toast with hot coffee. 


"You sleep outside last night?", Ara asked Youngjae. Previously when she went downstair, she saw a blanket and a pillow on the couch at the living room.


Youngjae sneakily grabbed a toast and nodded his head. He bit the toast before continuing his words.

"Well. I'm sick worried thinking about this man living with us", he glanced at Daehyun and chuckling synastically. Daehyun glared at the annoying guy. 


"Well you guys did have 'some' going around back then. Right?", Youngjae added. He finished the toast and was about to grab another one when Ara smacked his hand hard. Biting his lip, he groaned in pain. The lady shook her head.


"What-- I'm just stating the fact. Ara-yah don't trust a man easily. I know him for a long time already and I never trust this guy. He is a total---", Youngjae said again, pointing at Daehyun. Rolling his eyes, Daehyun smacked the annoying guy's back head. "Shut up. Just eat", Daehyun spoke up, shaking his head. He handed him a toast. Ara glared at Daehyun sharply, noticing that the guy just grabbed another toast from her plate. She hit his arm angrily. "Yah, I'm working today. Just make your own breakfast", she told them, eating the last toast. She got to eat a toast only. Ara grabbed an apple from the fridge, still hungry.


Silence.


"Guys--", Daehyun spoke up. All eyes were on him. "Jaebum contacted me yesterday", he said again. Both of his friends scoffed by his words.


"Today--- I'm going to meet him. Youngjae you should come. We need to tell him about the truth somehow. He might be in danger too", Daehyun looked at Youngjae. Ara shook her head. "Is that really a good idea?", she asked. 


Silence again.

"I need to go now. You guys make the decision. But please don't do anything stupid", Ara said before leaving the two. She was late already. It was almost 8 o'clock.