Second Date

Secret - The Sin

Banpo Bridge


"Jinwoo-sshi.. Do we really have to wait until 8? Let just go back”, Ara whined. He shook his head, locking his hazel eyes on the bridge. ‘Ah seriously’. She folded her arm on her chest, glaring at him.

Actually she just wanted to go home, took a bath and changed her outfit. She was so exhausted working for the whole day. He was a cop though. How could he be so lively now. Ara was dying.

“Ara-sshi, close your eyes for a moment. I have a surprise for you”, he said. The lady narrowed her eyes. “Surprise??”. She frowned, showing the wrinkles on her forehead. He nodded, smiling sheepishly. “Hurry up”, he added. She groaned silently, closing her eyes. 


“Keep them close”
“Uhm..”
“Now. Open them”

Ara opened her eyes slowly. Her eyes opened as big as . She smiled widely, staring at the beautiful rainbow-colored jets of water in the air. Romantic love song accompanied the rainbow fountain. The streams of water are orchestrated to perform with the melody and tone of the music.

“Woahhh… Beautiful”, she said, clasping her hands together. “What is today though? There must be something right?”, she gazed at him curiously. He flashed his award-winning smile, still staring at the fountain.  


“By chance…. Are you going to confess? Hahahaha”, Ara said jokingly. Both of them burst into a laugh. A fake laugh. That’s kind of awkward. How much awkward can this get? They remained silent for a moment. 


"Ara-sshi--”


She looked at him but the guy still resting his eyes on the fountain. He ran his fingers through his hair, messing them.


“What is it? You seem trouble--“


He slightly bowed his head, dispirit. 


"Consider this our second date", he finally spoke up, turning his head at her. 


Ara gulped down her anxiety.


He just made no sense the situation and span around, again, fixing his gaze blankly at the fountain. She looked over her shoulder, staring at him. 


“That handsome—“, he said.
“What?”
“You can’t take your eyes off my face”


Ara rolled her eyes. He smirked and gestured the lady to get into the car. 


He started the engine and drove off down the road. Within minutes, they already arrived in front of her house. She grabbed her bags. The lady released her seat belt and leaned back in her seat, gazing out at the dark empty road. She glanced at him but she couldn’t find a suitable word to utter. Ara stayed quiet for a while. 


“Do you have something to say?”, he finally spoke up. Ara shook her head. Honestly she didn’t have anything to say but she wanted to stay a little longer. He sighed heavily.


"Jinwoo-sshi .. I'm off from work this coming monday. If you have time, let's catch a movie together. What do you think?”, mustering her strength, Ara asked him, waiting for the answer curiously.


He nodded with a heartwarming smile. Okay.
She slid out the car.  "goodnight”, She waved at him. Then he put on gear and drove off down the road.