Suspicious Partner

Secret - The Sin

A guy in khaki coat pulled out the stool at the bar and sat on it, next to a man in a black leather jacket. The man was waiting for him there for half an hour already. Seunghoon, the man in black glanced at him and sighed heavily. Gunpil, the one that just arrived apologized to him repeatedly. His last call was unexpectedly dragged by because of the ruckus of a drunk old man.


As they were talking, Gunpil asked his friend about a case. The current serial killer case. "Your team is the one in charge for the serial killer case right? 1002. How's the progress--", he spoke up.


His friend stunned a bit by his word and snapped at him. "How did you know about the case. It was confidential", he replied. 


Gunpil frowned by his remark. "Really. I heard from my partner. He seems to know a lot. He said an informer told him. Is it really confidential?", he laughed.


Seunghoon groaned under his breath. "I told you so. We didn't disclose it even to our director. It was still under our close investigation--", he said again. "-- who told you??". Now Seunghoon paid a full attention to his friend.


Gunpil scoffed. "Yah Hoon-ah-- What with that look. Don't tell me---", he laughed awkwardly. Seunghoon was still waiting for him to answer. "Who told you?"
Seunghoon gazed at him sharply. Gunpil drank a bit of the beverage. Thinking.


"Kim Jinwoo. He is in charge of the unsolve missing case three years ago. He still investigates the case and he thinks the serial killer case has something to do with the missing case.", Gunpil stated, looking at Seunghoon.


"Oh the lieutenant in charge of Yoo Youngjae missing case. We know that much too", Seunghoon mumbled, his team also investigated the case as reference. 


"I told you. He is not suspicious--"


"He still investigates the case?"


"I think so. But he was on leave for a month, since last week. I couldn't really contact him"


"--What did he tell you. Any other specific things other than 1002?", ignoring him, Seunghoon cut the patrol police's words.


Gunpil sighed under his breath. He thought for awhile. "Nothing-----", he told him. Seunghoon sighed in relief.


"Ahhh--", Gunpil remembered about something. "C-charcoal poisoning?", he added. Seunghoon eyes opened as wide as his mouth. He quickly grabbed his phone and dialed a number.


"Hello, S.Coups, you are still listening to the bug?--", he started his conversation. After the other side of line answered him, he continued again. "-- good... Keep listening and please issue a background investigation on Kim Jinwoo, mapo police officers. And do the background check for Yoo Youngjae again. Find if there is any relation between those two", Seunghoon said on the phone. Gunpil was baffled by his friend's words.


"What the?? What's going on? You suspect him? Eiii, there must be an infomer", the guy replied, chuckling awkwardly.


"There is none. Only me and the forensic in charge know about this. There is no way for others to know about this unless he is a ------", Seunghoon said again. Gunpil was so shocked to hear that.


"---I'll get back to you later. If there is anything suspicious, just contact me", he said again before running out of the bar.


*** 


A guy was busy listening to something with headphone over his ears. Nothing inordinary. That's the only routine he was doing since three days ago. Out of sudden, his phone was ringing loudly making him jumpy a bit. Team Leader? S.Coup quickly answered the call, removing the headphone and put the smartphone on his ear. His leader asked something from him.


"Yeah, I'm still listening to her but nothing strange yet", he answered.


His team leader said something again. This time he gave him an extra job to do. But why did he asked him to do a background profile on a cop. After sometimes, they ended the call. S.Coup got back to work, putting the headphone on. A loud crashing sound was heard and he could hear a male groaning voice from the audio. His eyes opened as big as his mouth. He was sure Ara was alone before. S.Coup quickly dialed a number and requested for a backup from the nearby patrol station. He ran out of the room and called his team leader to inform the situation, hoping they were not too late or else there would be another victim tonight.